OT: - Bone Yard Huskyz Club? NIL? WTF? | The Boneyard

OT: Bone Yard Huskyz Club? NIL? WTF?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Just noticed this group.

Anyone know anything about them? Aside from basically trying to glom the Boneyard name, does anyone have any information on these folks?

From what I can tell, the players get a “majority of the money”…..I’d love to know how they define a majority, what that percentage is and who gets the rest.

D5-F81282-AB6-A-487-A-AC58-2666-BFCEFABE.jpg

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
51% and they aren't lying. The less information you can find the more likely that the main objective is filling their own pockets.

Reaction Score
Just noticed this group.

Anyone know anything about them? Aside from basically trying to glom the Boneyard name, does anyone have any information on these folks?

From what I can tell, the players get a “majority of the money”…..I’d love to know how they define a majority, what that percentage is and who gets the rest.

Calling all Boneyard lawyers! Need some pro bono work from you!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Calling all Boneyard lawyers! Need some pro bono work from you!

I doubt it’s a legal matter, but it’s definitely sleazy.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
51% and they aren't lying. The less information you can find the more likely that the main objective is filling their own pockets.

That was my thought. The whole thing seems so low brow.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
They were selling those horrible pictures as NFTs last year. Haven’t seen them promoting anything this year tbh.

NIL merch is still in its infant stage, a lot of it is garbage. I hope the big boys like Nike get involved so the kids can sell quality merch.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
They were selling those horrible pictures as NFTs last year. Haven’t seen them promoting anything this year tbh.

NIL merch is still in its infant stage, a lot of it is garbage. I hope the big boys like Nike get involved so the kids can sell quality merch.

Yeah, their stuff looks like pure crap.

It’s like the Wild West, but honestly, the stuff that UConn is actually promoting is looking better and better. Kyle Muncy is doing a great job on Twitter of rolling it out.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Looked them up - was not easy.

It's basically run by sone money managers - fairly sure altruism is not job one but we'll see.

Gonna ask UConn about em.

Reaction Score

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Yeah, their stuff looks like pure crap.

It’s like the Wild West, but honestly, the stuff that UConn is actually promoting is looking better and better. Kyle Muncy is doing a great job on Twitter of rolling it out.

I offered free advertising for any player specific merchandise and appearances. I was told an NIL contract with each player would be needed, then have each approved by the school.

The weird thing is I think it can't be a gift. The players need to provide something in exchange for what's being offered. One idea floated was having the players post on the 'yard. It was a good idea, but I would never want to subject them to this site.

One possibility is to offer free ads in exchange for a player doing a moderated Q & A chat with the opportunity to pitch whatever merchandise or appearances they benefit from. I would create a separate site just for this. Would also need a lawyer to volunteer to write each NIL contract. A graphics art person to create the ads would likely also be needed.

The best alternative was to work with organizations already having NIL contracts with players, and just add the free ads to the deal. I contacted the school store and openlocker. Nobody got back to me.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I contacted the school store and openlocker. Nobody got back to me.
Consolidation of money and power. Muncy will take a 6 year old to court if he reproduced a UConn TM’d logo for profit and/or NIL.

Reaction Score
Just noticed this group.

As Mel Brooks wrote in the theme for his Robin Hood based sitcom in the 70s, “we robbed the rich, gave to the poor — except what we kept for expenses.”

Reaction Score
Just noticed this group.

Ask @gwhuskyfan. Jared promotes them on his podcast shows.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Ask @gwhuskyfan. Jared promotes them on his podcast shows.

Nearest I can figure the player being interviewed is paid, not Jared. If the player benefits, I'm going to leave it alone.

If anyone else is benefiting for the Boneyard name, that will be a problem.

My guess is nobody is turning a profit from the NFT stuff. If they start to sell merchandise and profit using the boneyard name, that's not something that'll be ignored.

Reaction Score
Yes, through their NIL work and connection to Alex he gets paid for appearing on the podcast. Without BYHC, the Alex interviews wouldn’t have been possible. In conversations I’ve had, I know the players get about 70% of revenues with the rest covering creative and production costs.

Not an expert on their business model by any means, but at least have some context I can provide.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom