Boise, Air Force, Houston, SMU, Navy and UCF | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boise, Air Force, Houston, SMU, Navy and UCF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Browsing the Houston, Dallas, and Boise newspapers, it seems like they are very favorable about a move to the BE for the local schools.

Reaction Score
We should get 2 other full members to be honest, we need some other big names for basketball (Memphis or something similar)

Reaction Score
I actually like the invites. Not a bad idea, at all, and a pretty impressive plan. All do benefit. Players would get to go to Disney. Was nice to hang with you, Syracuse and Pittsburgh. And you too, BCU.

Reaction Score
We should get 2 other full members to be honest, we need some other big names for basketball (Memphis or something similar)

I would be happy to hear if invites were going out to Memphis and ECU.

Should have happened years ago, IMO.

Reaction Score

I agree. I think the football onlies aren't going to happen and the offers will probably be withdrawn. Time to add Memphis and Temple for all sports as well. I know Nova blocked them but something could be worked out with Nova I'm sure. They really really want to play FBS football.

Reaction Score
I think the football onlies will take it. This is such a clever plan.

Reaction Score
All schools have solid fanbases. BSU, AFA, Navy would bring in national fanbases for football. Have to wonder if Notre Dame would play Boise State, though.

Reaction Score
Mark my words...if it looks like this reconfigured Big East is going to happen, then at the very last minute you will see the Big 12 invite Louisville and WVU, and the ACC invite UConn. They have invested to much in this attack on the Big East to have the Big East survive and actually strengthen again. ESPN and the ACC need to make sure the Big East dies this time, and Nienas needs to make sure his 'consultant expertise' works for the other conference merger.
I don't think any school would leave this Big East for the ACC. We can put a big dent in the SEC, too. We also make Big Ten schools look vulnerable.

Reaction Score
I don't think any school would leave this Big East for the ACC. We can put a big dent in the SEC, too. We also make Big Ten schools look vulnerable.

You're very optimistic! I'm happy with it too, not quite as bullish as you but if we can get people feeling good about it that is great. The doom and gloom is a drain.

Reaction Score
That picture with your post...is there anyway we can hurl some digital darts or paint balls or....sledgehammers or....machetes....or drone based warheads at it? Just wonderin'. :rolleyes: Boise State,Air Force,Navy,Central Florida,SMU? Pardon me while I go to the head and hurl violently! I can't believe this is where we are. I don't give a damn about the football configurations. My sole interest is the hoops. And these new possibilities, for the most part are a VERY significant downgrade! HOWEVER, after watching Susan Herbst backing up her involvement in the realignment fiasco to date by laying down some serious moves on the dance (gym) floor with Jeremy, I figure we will land on our feet no matter what. The woman has got it all down pat!!! :)

Reaction Score
Browsing the Houston, Dallas, and Boise newspapers, it seems like they are very favorable about a move to the BE for the local schools.
That's exactly what I'm reading. I haven't read one person who wants Boise State to be in the new alliance. They said its all about better exposure and more money.

Reaction Score
That's exactly what I'm reading. I haven't read one person who wants Boise State to be in the new alliance. They said its all about better exposure and more money.
Calhoun proved that to be true.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
That picture with your post...is there anyway we can hurl some digital darts or paint balls or....sledgehammers or....machetes....or drone based warheads at it? Just wonderin'. :rolleyes: Boise State,Air Force,Navy,Central Florida,SMU? Pardon me while I go to the head and hurl violently! I can't believe this is where we are. I don't give a damn about the football configurations. My sole interest is the hoops. And these new possibilities, for the most part are a VERY significant downgrade! HOWEVER, after watching Susan Herbst backing up her involvement in the realignment fiasco to date by laying down some serious moves on the dance (gym) floor with Jeremy, I figure we will land on our feet no matter what. The woman has got it all down pat!!! :)
If you have the adblock plugin, you can selectively block individual sig pics...

as far as Herbst's dance moves... is it on youtube?

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score

BULL****....Anyone of the current BE 6 schools would bolt to the PAC 12 if they came a calling let alone the other conferences!!!

We can put a big dent in the SEC???- Really?

Reaction Score
BULL****....Anyone of the current BE 6 schools would bolt to the PAC 12 if they came a calling let alone the other conferences!!!

We can put a big dent in the SEC???- Really?
Considering the demographics of the conference and the fact we are in CITIES and not surrounded by FARMS, yup.

Reaction Score
Mark my words...if it looks like this reconfigured Big East is going to happen, then at the very last minute you will see the Big 12 invite Louisville and WVU, and the ACC invite UConn. They have invested to much in this attack on the Big East to have the Big East survive and actually strengthen again. ESPN and the ACC need to make sure the Big East dies this time, and Nienas needs to make sure his 'consultant expertise' works for the other conference merger.
I'm afraid of that too. I hope this conference works. I'd like to add Temple and UNLV to get to 14. Las Vegas trip too good to pass up.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
If a reconfigured 'Big East' was going to work.. In my opinion this is the best/realistic set of schools possible... Houston is pretty much a no brainer... big market, hoops history, some football pedigree... Boise State is a necessary evil. SMU is another huge market.. UCF has made the investment to go big time in all sports. Air Force and Navy are good national draws.. ECU and Temple are realistic backups.

Section205

I'm just filled with useless information.
Reaction Score
Considering the demographics of the conference and the fact we are in CITIES and not surrounded by FARMS, yup.

Whaaaat??? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Reaction Score
If a reconfigured 'Big East' was going to work.. In my opinion this is the best/realistic set of schools possible... Houston is pretty much a no brainer... big market, hoops history, some football pedigree... Boise State is a necessary evil. SMU is another huge market.. UCF has made the investment to go big time in all sports. Air Force and Navy are good national draws.. ECU and Temple are realistic backups.

You make a lot of good points. If/when the BE moves forward with further invites, I would prefer ECU over Temple because of the Pirates established and enthusiastic fan base. If we are going to grow, and forced to pick between the two, I would like to add the team that will fill their stadium every week.

Reaction Score
Whaaaat??? That makes no sense whatsoever.
Not surprised. If you paid attention to history, you'd know winning and markets are what make programs successful. Being in large urban areas would help us outrecruit Mississippi schools, too. Geez. Try putting an NFL team in Mississippi.

Reaction Score

I like the enthusiasm, but I think you are grossly overestimating this impact. Nebraska has a huge following, but is in the middle of nowhere. Penn State is similarly isolated, but yet outdraws nearly everyone in NYC.

Demographics can help, but they are not the be-all, end-all you are making them. If Swofford calls up Herbst tomorrow and offers her entrance into the ACC, and she doesn't accept before he finishes the sentence, she needs to be fired.

Reaction Score
Not surprised. If you paid attention to history, you'd know winning and markets are what make programs successful. Being in large urban areas would help us outrecruit Mississippi schools, too. Geez. Try putting an NFL team in Mississippi.

The NFL is different from college. Alabama has all sorts of things against it, from a past (and present) littered with difficult race relations to no major cities of worth, and yet Alabama and Auburn each have titles in the last 5 years. And UConn/Houston/UCF will never out-recruit them.

Reaction Score
If the money is going towards the cities, they will. Once upon a time, Ivy League schools ruled college football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom