Boatright | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boatright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Read the damn post. "Unclutch". Doesn't mean "bad". Just means he doesn't ever produce in important times of the game. Dare anyone to disagree.

There have already been multiple examples given to dispute what you said.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The thread has turned humorous in a twisted way.

Occasionally, the Boneyard is like one of those former-Soviet bloc legislatures - everything seems fine one moment and then three minutes later 20 old guys are hitting another guy with their shoes.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Worst thread ever. Hate this place after a loss. Unreal.

Reaction Score
He needs to play smarter. I think he clearly needs another year (at least) at UConn to become a smarter player. Nappier on the other hand, he might be ready to go.

Reaction Score
If boatright is the most unclutch in UConn history how did he knock down 3 straight FTs against FSU last yr with less than 5 seconds to go in the game to send it in to OT.

Reaction Score
Also, if you are listing historically unclutch UConn players, and not starting the list with Johnny Selvie, YOURE DOING IT WRONG.
Some on this board believed Johnny Selvie was the Anti-Christ

Reaction Score
Blah blah blah. It was only last week most of you were saying the same thing about him at the end of both Overtimes. There were at least 3 threads bashing him.

Reaction Score

He's a sophomore. Remeber Kemba as a soph?

Now remember him as a junior. RB has room to grow. Hopefully, he will. He had a lot of pressure on him without SN, and almost lead us to a great victory.

Reaction Score
Blah blah blah. It was only last week most of you were saying the same thing about him at the end of both Overtimes. There were at least 3 threads bashing him.

So instead of formulating your own opinion, you cherry pick what you read earlier this week and regurgitate it for some likes. BRILLIANT!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
If Boatright does not play this game we lose by at least 15 no questions. Such a dumb post. I hate coming to this board after losses.

Reaction Score
Boatright is the freakin man, and almost lead us to a victory against a tourney team on the road. Come on!! Can we delete some of these nonsense posts? A lot of the posts the last few days have been embarrassing, especially the C7 ones. Breaking news: the C7 sucks!!! And so does our conference! Lets move forward!!

Reaction Score
Sometimes a team loses because they don't have the horses to win. With most teams they aren't even in the game enough to worry about it and it is so obvious that fans may shut up and accept it. This team fights and scraps and somehow are in every game, whether they should be or not. This team with its full compliment was shorthanded in skills. Center they were playing with a reserve 4 and a 7'er that had no significant minutes in college ball despite being a junior, because of his lack of skills. Even the 7'er was lost to us. Today our best player couldn't play, our freshman shooting guard who has been playing out of position as a three and doing well reinjured his shooting hand and his shot showed it. Our 6th, all purpose, man hurt his fingers early in the second half and couldn't play the rest of the game. That left us with one guard, and a reserve with a lot of heart and guts, but few skills, an injured freshman still giving his all, a freshman project that had been averaging 3 minutes a game in scrub time and a Sophomore that is blooming into a star before our eyes. Despite that they took a team playing to get into the NCAA tournament on their home court to the wire with a chance to win with 17 seconds left. Anyone that complains about anything this team did today, really should reassess their expectations. This team gave a hell of a performance and maybe tomorrow or next week we can start to examine their weaknesses, but today we should just appreciate a team with more heart, will and guts than you can expect from any college team, not to mention a coach that is using smoke and mirrors to produce remarkable efforts and results.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I want to like him, but he needs to learn how to dribble and distribute the ball to open players. And not dribble into the corner.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Without Boatright, we'd have Evans and Allen as our starting backcourt (assuming Bazz doesn't come back) the rest of the season. I don't think we'd be better off.

Reaction Score
Love Boatright. You don't have to. No, I am not blind. Yes, I hate to lose. Yes, I expect him to be better next year. And finally, yes, I will waste 2 hours of my life watching him play. And.... I can say that about every one of our players.

Reaction Score
Evans, Calhoun and Olander go 2-16 and some mushroom cap trips over himself racing here to blame Ryan Boatright.

Yep, he was the problem.
He played well, the only comment I have is when he has the ball in the final seconds he needs to get to the rim. There is too much lateral dribbling. He is too quick to not try and go around the defender. At that point in the game he has to learn to attack first. Take the foul hit those clutch free throws like I know he can and we win these games. He will learn.

Reaction Score
OC's a great player for a freshman and I really like him as a player but relied too much on his outside shot instead of doing what he has the past couple of games which was drive to the hoop.

Reaction Score
Sometimes a team loses because they don't have the horses to win. With most teams they aren't even in the game enough to worry about it and it is so obvious that fans may shut up and accept it. This team fights and scraps and somehow are in every game, whether they should be or not. This team with its full compliment was shorthanded in skills. Center they were playing with a reserve 4 and a 7'er that had no significant minutes in college ball despite being a junior, because of his lack of skills. Even the 7'er was lost to us. Today our best player couldn't play, our freshman shooting guard who has been playing out of position as a three and doing well reinjured his shooting hand and his shot showed it. Our 6th, all purpose, man hurt his fingers early in the second half and couldn't play the rest of the game. That left us with one guard, and a reserve with a lot of heart and guts, but few skills, an injured freshman still giving his all, a freshman project that had been averaging 3 minutes a game in scrub time and a Sophomore that is blooming into a star before our eyes. Despite that they took a team playing to get into the NCAA tournament on their home court to the wire with a chance to win with 17 seconds left. Anyone that complains about anything this team did today, really should reassess their expectations. This team gave a hell of a performance and maybe tomorrow or next week we can start to examine their weaknesses, but today we should just appreciate a team with more heart, will and guts than you can expect from any college team, not to mention a coach that is using smoke and mirrors to produce remarkable efforts and results.

Great post. I feel the same way, Hume. I was very pleased with their performance. Without Shabazz, on the road, playing a team trying to keep their NCAA hopes alive. And they fought them every step of the way. They fell down 12 more than half way through the 2nd half, and got right back into it. Their defense those last 10 minutes was unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom