Boatright | The Boneyard

Boatright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guy might be the most unclutch player in Uconn history. Honestly think he hurts us more than helps us.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I think my favorite part about this board structure is that we have a full archive.

So next year, we can look back and laugh at really stupid threads like this.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Also, if you are listing historically unclutch UConn players, and not starting the list with Johnny Selvie, YOURE DOING IT WRONG.

Reaction Score
Was that ball not tipped away? Was it really over and back?

Reaction Score
He scores a bunch, but it's all on individual effort. He doesn't do a whole lot to help teammates. That's why he'll never be as good as Bazz.

He's like a smaller, more skilled version of Dyson (good and bad aspects).

Reaction Score
And, wasn't it the same idiot ref who took away the goaltend?

Reaction Score
Remember the first game he ever played for UConn? The one where he hit three clutch free throws to tie the game and send it into overtime against a ranked team?

We're unquestionably better with Boatright than we would be without him and it's not even close.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Guy might be the most unclutch player in Uconn history. Honestly think he hurts us more than helps us.

In his collegiate debut, down three with seven seconds left in regulation, he knocked down three foul shots in the Bahamas to send the game into OT against a strong FSU team. So you're right, most unclutch player in UConn history.

Reaction Score
He got a big heart but he is just inconsistent right now. He needs to come back and play another year or two. He is nowhere close to being ready for the NBA. I still have high hope for him being a good PG. He just needs to stop dribbling and being more smart with his passes. He needs to be the set up guy, not the guy taking all the shots constantly.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
yeah lets rip the kid who played a full 40, didnt have his shot fall at all, and still attacked the who and got 15 free throws... he tried fighting through his fatigue to help the team in bazz's absence and didnt give up

Reaction Score
Read the damn post. "Unclutch". Doesn't mean "bad". Just means he doesn't ever produce in important times of the game. Dare anyone to disagree.

Reaction Score
No Boatright doesn't hurt us more than he helps. He was the only ballhandler on the team and played the entire game. Who the duck would you start in his place? Idiot.

Reaction Score
This thread is so f*cling stupid. Kid just played his ass off, he was the only real ballhandler the whole game and he shared the backcourt with a walkon. Boat hit 15-16 at the line and hit a runner in the lane with 50 seconds left, that was just so unclutch. You're an idiot for starting this thread, Ryan played his heart out today.

Reaction Score
Without Boatright we lose by atleast 15.. But yeah he was the problem today wasn't Omar doing his best sticks impersonation.

Reaction Score
Read the damn post. "Unclutch". Doesn't mean "bad". Just means he doesn't ever produce in important times of the game. Dare anyone to disagree.

It isn't really the "unclutch" part most ppl disagree with. You said he hurts the team more than he helps them. Which was a moronic, not thought-out statement, and I think you know this. And the "unclutch" part can be debated as well.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Boat hit what should have been the game-clincher against Marquette before the Cadougan prayer. That was pretty clutch

Reaction Score

I disagree. Now what?

I do agree, though, that you're a clown and guys like you make the board miserable.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Boatright is a good player, but I'm starting to think his ceiling isn't as high as we all thought. He hasn't really improved his game at all from last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom