Boatright | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Boatright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Evans, Calhoun and Olander go 2-16 and some mushroom cap trips over himself racing here to blame Ryan Boatright.

Yep, he was the problem.

Okay, I've had enough! You've got a lotta damn nerve trying to point out the obvious and, God forbid, make sense! Now take your freakin' medication and go stand in the corner and be quiet!

GO HUSKIES!!! BEAT THE BULLS!!!

Reaction Score
Guy might be the most unclutch player in Uconn history. Honestly think he hurts us more than helps us.

You're shi**ing me right? He started a little rough but really played a solid game today and made all of his FT's w/o his backcourt mate.........why would you say that unless you're just a dope?

Reaction Score
I'm gonna jump in here and say no posts make me "mad". But rather I recognize irrational and not very well-thought out posts and so when I do, I point it out and let them know they should be more rational. Saying Boat doesn't help the team is probably one of the most illogical posts I have seen outside of HFD's conspiracy logic here. I also agree it is irrational for poster to respond in an unsound manner to an irrational post. Ex: "Dude your dumb ass! How can you think that?!" Even if the poster is right, presenting your logic in a fallacious manner doesn't present your point well. This is where the problems on this board come from. Every one thinking they are right and presenting their findings in a terrible way. If people just thought about the logic behind their posts and others peoples posts, then presented their logic soundly, the peace here would be much better. But I'm a dreamer.

Reaction Score
Relax folks.... remember we said all the same things about Kemba & Napier as Sophomores... They all scored well, had some good assist games, but took heat for being selfish.... then they become Juniors & were the best players on the team.

At the end of the day, Boatright just turned 20 two months ago. Ups & Downs happen with kids. He's got a good handle, can make shots & pass. His issue is he tries to do too much right now & he gets down when not everything works. Can't complain about a kid trying. He'll learn he doesn't have to do it all by himself. He'll get it. Don't toss him away... Doesn't do him or UConn any good. Give him time....

Reaction Score
In his collegiate debut, down three with seven seconds left in regulation, he knocked down three foul shots in the Bahamas to send the game into OT against a strong FSU team. So you're right, most unclutch player in UConn history.

His shot against Marquette was clutch... until 23% 3 Pointer shooter Cadugan hit a desperation 3 to send it into OT. If not for that, Boatright would have been the king of UConn that month!

Reaction Score
He scores a bunch, but it's all on individual effort. He doesn't do a whole lot to help teammates. That's why he'll never be as good as Bazz.

He's like a smaller, more skilled version of Dyson (good and bad aspects).

He's a Sophomore... He averages 15 ppg, 4.4 assist a game. He's not an All American, but he's on par with Kemba's & Napier's Sophmore's years...

Reaction Score
Yea but the things that are missing with boat don't seem as fixable. Shabazz was a gunner, Kemba was too fast for his own good, boat lacks some simple basketball fundamentals, listen I'm hoping he turns out like them too it just doesn't seem equatable, what has boat gotten better at since he got here?

Relax... he's 20 and has gotten better, but we cannot expect perfection! He's a year younger than Napier. Shabazz wasn't a gunner. He averaged nearly 6 assists last year. UConn needs Shabazz to score more this year. Same with Boatright. Boatright is going through the Sophmore bump. Good & Bad games, but he tries & tries hard. Give him time...

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He got a big heart but he is just inconsistent right now. He needs to come back and play another year or two. He is nowhere close to being ready for the NBA. I still have high hope for him being a good PG. He just needs to stop dribbling and being more smart with his passes. He needs to be the set up guy, not the guy taking all the shots constantly.
I agree BUT his ego and head are bigger than his heart and that spells trouble. with a guy like boat you have to take the good with the bad

Reaction Score
Yea but the things that are missing with boat don't seem as fixable. Shabazz was a gunner, Kemba was too fast for his own good, boat lacks some simple basketball fundamentals, listen I'm hoping he turns out like them too it just doesn't seem equatable, what has boat gotten better at since he got here?

I don't think he lacks fundamentals. He knows how to dribble, pass, shoot, pivot, rebound. These are fundamentals. He is excellent at those and probably has had those down since 8th grade. What he lacks is mental awareness at times. Which is VERY fixable. If I had to give Boat advice in two words. It would be "do less". He tries to use his skills/fundamentals in a coercive way too often and so he shuts himself down mentally. If he slowed down and let the game come to him he wouldn't make as many mistakes. As Kemba and Shabazz have both learned this, Boatright will too. Once you learn the game and have an effective and efficient skill set, the rest becomes mostly mental. Especially with PG's. They have the best overall skill set because they have to control the flow and rhythm of the game. Now it becomes how he controls the flow and rhythm. I would also point that Kevin Ollie had a very basic skill set, nothing spectactular. But mentally, WOW, he controlled the flow and rhythm which is why he has had such a long career and why he is going to make an amazing coach.Same with Steve Nash imo. His mental awareness and BB IQ is terrific. A synonym of fundamental is foundation. Boatright absolutely has a foundation. He just needs to work on his BB IQ. That comes with wisdom of the game.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Read the damn post. "Unclutch". Doesn't mean "bad". Just means he doesn't ever produce in important times of the game. Dare anyone to disagree.
you are wrong he has offensively carried this team in crucial parts of many games just because its not at the end-bazz always has the ball

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Evans, Calhoun and Olander go 2-16 and some mushroom cap trips over himself racing here to blame Ryan Boatright.

Yep, he was the problem.
I hear you

Reaction Score
This thread needs to be buried in the Hall of Shame.....off to 2nd page....no more posts.

Reaction Score
I will bet money boat will not have much of an nba career ever

You might eat those words. I didn't think Isiah Thomas from UW would either but he is playing over Jimmer Fredette. Why? He figured it out mentally.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Hi-low is done so this conversation is done. He is the message board ruler, another one on this board
Who is this troll? Obviously not a 'new memeber'

Reaction Score
Basketball iq is something that alot of players have naturally. Shooting is a fundamental boat can't shoot too well, mental makeup cannot be learned, boat has a ton of bad habits and has trouble reigning in his instincts, he's also not a great pass/pg

I couldn't disagree more. You can always increase your game mentally. That holds players back more than anything. When I figured out the game mentally, my game took off. Of course improving in skills is never ending process too. But the key behind all of that is finding out how to use your skills. As for Boat not shooting well.... have you watched his form...picture perfect. It can be shown in an instruction video. If he gets his mind right he will be more consistent. Mental makeup cannot be learned?? The brain is constantly learning!! LOL. How can mental makeup not be learned? Thats how life works! If my mental makeup never improved I would be drooling over myself and asking mommy to wipe my ass. Fundamentals are a base. Mental make up is a constant and can always be improved. Wow. I'll stop arguing I am getting a headache and losing mental make up.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Sigh for you boogie down productions you know everything I completely forgot! Shame on me! Why don't you buy some glasses pal. You could even read the boxscores. gimme boats shooting percentage the last 5 games and get back to me. and I'm giving him plenty of time he's about to be a junior and he hasn't gotten appreciably better at one thing. Name one aboogie c'mon gimme your best shot guy
ANGER ISSUE??????????

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Haha what have you brought to this board? Nothing more than I. Therefore I could call you a troll. 983 posts of garbage that's alot of time on your hands and jack coming out of it kid
you are amazing its past your bedtime kiss your mommy and log off you are irritating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom