Boatright Appreciation Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Boatright Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Our guards give up some size and strength on the perimeter but they are a nightmare for opponents big guards with their quickness. Same thing happened against Michigan State.

Reaction Score
Forgive my drunkenness, but with DeAndre Daniels as MVP 1a, Ryan Boatright won this game for the Huskies tonight. He made tough shots and really ran the UConn offense while Florida spent 90% of their attention on Napier. I admit this is a far higher level that I thought Boatright could ever achieve.

Reaction Score
Best game he has ever player. Most under control I've ever seen him. Almost flawless tonight until late decision that led to Shabazz turnover. This is some year and some team.

Reaction Score
LOVE BOAT>>>>That motorboating son of a bitch!
untitled_zps2444bc0e.png

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
His defense the last two games has been a sheer treat to watch. Even off the ball, he's inside the other players jersey. And he hasn't picked up tickytack fouls or hand checks either. Wow.

Keeps his hands above his head most of the time. Just moves his feet and plays position defense. Ball denial on his man with the ability to recover on a cut as well.

Reaction Score
My MVP today. Made one bad pass and otherwise played A+ basketball.

He is totally under control. Which is amazing. Hats off to the coaching staff and to Boat himself for being coachable and for learning how to play with Bazz and maximize their complementary talents.

His defense was, IMO, the key to our wins over MSU and UF. His perimeter D is so amazing that other teams can't score INSIDE. It barely makes sense but it's true.
+1

Reaction Score
Our defensive pressure is a thing to behold. Fla had no open 3's except for the first one. All of our guys have disruptive hands on the ball, but Boat has really bought in to what KO is selling.

Reaction Score
I don't know if I have ever seen on ball defense like this. Amazing.

Reaction Score
Ryan was the definition of locked in. Deandre played with no fear as well. After the whole team started out real tentative, Samuel subbing in changed the momentum.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
Far and away our most important defender. He shut SEC POY Wilbekin down. He sets the tone on defense.

Reaction Score
as was said earlier, legit ricky style defense. and, although he didn't shoot much, he knocked down his perimeter shots and finished inside. huge performance and as a former boat doubter, I yet again, look like an idiot. love it too.

Reaction Score
I'm not the biggest Boatshow fan. But he has been outstanding in the tournament. Not too much dribbling. No stupid mistakes. Incredible defense. Driving and dishing...pretty much everything Boat has always been capable of doing..but hadn't..(maybe maturity?) Up until this point.

Really proud of him.

Reaction Score
Ryan FN Boatright……….holy crap he had his best game and picked the perfect time to be that guy! He played Wilbekin so well it's unbelievable……..disrupted their offense along with Bazz but he was the catalyst down that end…..

SIMPLY SENSATIONAL job by Boat…….HUGE kudos…….MVP performance in the semi's

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I'd give out three MVPs tonight. With all three guys playing this well, we're going to be tough for whoever survives tonight.
I count four. Deandre and our three headed point guard.

Reaction Score
I know Daniels deserves credit but Boatright was the reason for the win on both O and D. It was by far his best game in a UCONN uniform.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
also, that no look alley oop to Daniels was sick, ball looked like it came outta nowhere

IRT I thought that was a terrible pass/turnover.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
He also did a great job from the point today. 3/1 A/TO. He has really stepped up distributing the ball and making decisions for us on offense, and I'm really excited to watch him lead us next year with TS and RP as possible off-PGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom