Big East roster moves | The Boneyard

Big East roster moves

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The transfer portal thread is massive, so it would be helpful to have a thread focused on the offseason moves of our conference brethren.

I’ll start. Creighton returns Kalkbrenner, Ashworth and Alexander. None of them budged. How much are they paying these guys in Omaha? There are a lot of portal players that could turn Creighton into a national title contender with that base.

caw

Reaction Score
The transfer portal thread is massive, so it would be helpful to have a thread focused on the offseason moves of our conference brethren.

I’ll start. Creighton returns Kalkbrenner, Ashworth and Alexander. None of them budged. How much are they paying these guys in Omaha? There are a lot of portal players that could turn Creighton into a national title contender with that base.

I think they are as high on Jason Green as UConn is on Stewart. If he pans out at the three/four they will have a capable starting five though the loss of Scheierman is still huge. They need something on the bench though. I don’t think they have anyone decent atm.

Reaction Score
@ nelsonmuntz - I just did a quick Google search and a search on BlueJayUnderground. Are you sure Kalkbrenner, Ashworth, and Alexander are returning? Where has that been said? I am not saying you are wrong, I just have not read that anywhere.

@ caw- Jason Green looks solid. I think Greg McDermott is a high level coach for sure, but I am thinking Jason Green was under utilized. He played well when given time. But as far as the bench goes, this seems like a feature/bug of Greg McDermott's coaching the last few years-they don't have much depth.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
@ nelsonmuntz - I just did a quick Google search and a search on BlueJayUnderground. Are you sure Kalkbrenner, Ashworth, and Alexander are returning? Where has that been said? I am not saying you are wrong, I just have not read that anywhere.

@ caw- Jason Green looks solid. I think Greg McDermott is a high level coach for sure, but I am thinking Jason Green was under utilized. He played well when given time. But as far as the bench goes, this seems like a feature/bug of Greg McDermott's coaching the last few years-they don't have much depth.

CBSSports reported it in its Top 25+1

Edit: in the re-read, CBS is hedging on them returning

Reaction Score

I would be shocked if Alexander doesn’t declare.

Reaction Score
Eric Dixon declaring for the draft

So from reading that he isn't leaving the option of coming back or going to the portal. He would have been a nice pick up in the portal.

Best of luck to you, Eric, in your future endeavors.

Reaction Score
It also slipped through the cracks a bit but Fred King from Creighton is transferring. Might hint at Kalkbrenner returning, but people on the Creighton site thought they'd recruit over him in portal even if Kalk went pro. Seems a bit like the Samson situation for us.

Reaction Score
It also slipped through the cracks a bit but Fred King from Creighton is transferring. Might hint at Kalkbrenner returning, but people on the Creighton site thought they'd recruit over him in portal even if Kalk went pro. Seems a bit like the Samson situation for us.
I was expecting a lot from him this year but it’s hard when Kalkbrenner is eating up 35 minutes a game

Reaction Score
Pat McCaffery committed to Butler for his last year of eligibility.

Decent secondary three-level scorer whose more of a big small forward at 6'9 212.

Reaction Score
Georgetown got a crystal ball for PG Malik Mack, 17th overall transfer

Even grabbed G Micah Peavy, 79th overall transfer today from TCU
Very good pickup for Georgetown.

The 6'8 215 Peavy ranked as TCU's most efficient defender and averaged 11p, 5r, 2.5a per game. More of an interior scorer, but has steadily improved the volume and efficiency of his three-point shooting (27-87 last season; 31%) to where you need to defend him at the perimeter.

Peavy will be one of the more versatile lockdown defenders in the Big East.

Reaction Score
Very good pickup for Georgetown.

The 6'8 215 Peavy ranked as TCU's most efficient defender and averaged 11p, 5r, 2.5a per game. More of an interior scorer, but has steadily improved the volume and efficiency of his three-point shooting (27-87 last season; 31%) to where you need to defend him at the perimeter.

Peavy will be one of the more versatile lockdown defenders in the Big East.
Saw a game vs K State where he looked like a future lottery pick, has some big talent for sure.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

King is playing in the wrong decade. 10 years ago or 10 years from now, he would have been a 25 mpg guy last year given how Kalk can shoot from outside and Miller and Farabello aren't that good.

Reaction Score
Pat McCaffery committed to Butler for his last year of eligibility.

Decent secondary three-level scorer whose more of a big small forward at 6'9 212.
While I was mowing the lawn today, it just occurred to me which WNBA team has the first overall pick: the Indiana Fever. Who's the consensus first overall pick? Caitlin Clark, who is dating Pat McCaffery. This addition makes wayyy more sense now.

Villanova makes their first move of the offseason, adding Penn transfer Tyler Perkins, who scored 22 points in Penn's win against Villanova the past season.

In his freshman season, the 6'4 205 Perkins averaged 13.7p, 5.3r, 1.9a, 1.4s, 34.7 3P% and 76.5 FT% on 3.5 FTAs per game.

Perkins impressed me when I covered the Penn/Columbia game this past season: 25 points, 8 rebounds, and a whopping 10 FTAs. Alpha-mentality and an ability to create off the dribble. True three-level scorer. Should be a starter right away as a sophomore at Villanova.

Reaction Score
Not seeing it anywhere “official” but this guy says Jayden Epps is out

Reaction Score
While I was mowing the lawn today, it just occurred to me which WNBA team has the first overall pick: the Indiana Fever. Who's the consensus first overall pick? Caitlin Clark, who is dating Pat McCaffery. This addition makes wayyy more sense now.

Villanova makes their first move of the offseason, adding Penn transfer Tyler Perkins, who scored 22 points in Penn's win against Villanova the past season.

In his freshman season, the 6'4 205 Perkins averaged 13.7p, 5.3r, 1.9a, 1.4s, 34.7 3P% and 76.5 FT% on 3.5 FTAs per game.

Perkins impressed me when I covered the Penn/Columbia game this past season: 25 points, 8 rebounds, and a whopping 10 FTAs. Alpha-mentality and an ability to create off the dribble. True three-level scorer. Should be a starter right away as a sophomore at Villanova.
She’s not dating Pat, she’s dating his brother who works for the Pacers. So he’ll be in the same city as his brother.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom