Big East OOC Thread 23/24 | Page 41 | The Boneyard

Big East OOC Thread 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who is this St Thomas ? From the Carribean ?

St. Thomas' story is actually pretty interesting. Formerly Div 3, to over simplify, they were too good and had to much $$ backing so they got kicked out of their league and there was no good Div 2 conf that could/would take them. Went straight to D1 and have bold (many say ridiculous) plans for their athletics. They publicly stated a desire to get themselves to Big East level in a decade. The school itself is very Gonzaga-esq in academics and general feel and culture (my opinion). They also have big BIG money alumni/donors who want to exponentially grow their athletics.

May be nothing in the end, but could be interesting to keep tabs on in the coming years.

As for the game last night, they really fought for it! They never let up and in the second half the whole team started shooting these circus shot rainbow contested 3's over even the big men and making a ton of them while also swarming inside the paint on D, even leaving some MU players completely unguarded. It was a high risk/high reward strategy that almost paid off, especially as MU players didn't seem to be mentally prepared for a real contest.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
UConn and Butler win.

76-36 (24-22).

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
With the way the league looks, we should be very good in conference. That said, Marq may be our worst matchup in the country with the way they pressure the ball and oso’s mobility

Reaction Score
I just turned the TV on. Who the hell is St. Thomas and why is Marquette, at home, struggling to put them away?
That's what happens when you let a team hang around. Kept then at arms length, 10 to 12 point lead for much of the second but they hit a few timely 3 in a short amount of time. Good required viewing for any superior team about to face off against any kind of low major.

Reaction Score
With the way the league looks, we should be very good in conference. That said, Marq may be our worst matchup in the country with the way they pressure the ball and oso’s mobility
It's a battle of strengths. They also have nobody to guard Clingan and won't be able to keep us off the boards.

Reaction Score
It's a battle of strengths. They also have nobody to guard Clingan and won't be able to keep us off the boards.
Beat me to it. That's Marquette's biggest weakness is lack of muscle and gathering defensive rebounds.

Reaction Score
Georgetown pulls out a win over Notre Dame because the rules say someone has to win the game.
Georgtown tried really hard to lose. Cooley sat the only guy scoring for the final 5-6 minutes. Total head scratcher. I guess he is trying to get a higher draft pick

Reaction Score
scheierman is a bit of a chucker... creighton doesn't look great with kalk on the bench after a turned ankle.

Reaction Score
Creighton has a major called Healthy Lifestyle Management. I need to Google.

Reaction Score
Alabama is just too athletic for Creighton. Beating them to every offensive board. Lot of brain farts on D by Creighton too.

Reaction Score
Did anyone else hear the announcer (is it Donnie Marshall?) say, "You can't be a mental midget"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom