Big 12 will make significant push for UConn (merged) | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Big 12 will make significant push for UConn (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

One of the 3 options I mentioned a few days ago........The remaining 4
1. Merge into the Mountain West Conference or one of the other Western Regional Conferences.
2. Each school breaks away and cuts its own separate deal with another conference.
3. Go independent.

The remaining 4 PAC 4 programs need somebody to throw them (as a group or separately) a lifeline. They have no bargaining power and no chips. :eek:

Some of the deals that don't look attractive today to the PAC4, might well look a whole lot better as the days/weeks go by.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The All Coastal Conference?

It can only happen if ESPN gives the ACC a new contract with a revenue boost to split more ways..

How do Clemson and FSU react? A new conference members contract would be needed to placate them on revenue distribution.
There are rumors of FSU and Clemson to the SEC. It’s dizzying

Carnac

Reaction Score
I said as much this past weekend that all this major shuffling of cards and deck chairs was beginning to give me a headache. :confused:
Decisions and loyalties were being changed by the hour. I'm trying to keep up with the latest deals, changes, and agreements here but it's hard. :confused:

Reaction Score
This is the conference change that FSU and Clemson will use as a vehicle to get out of the GOR.

Reaction Score
I said as much this past weekend that all this major shuffling of cards and deck chairs was beginning to give me a headache. :confused:
Decisions and loyalties were being changed by the hour.
On ESPN radio college sports channel they mentioned a rumor of Clemson, FSU, UNC, and Virginia to the B1G

Reaction Score

I think UConn could be one of the next ones to get in, the northeast corridor/NYC market, a newly competitive football team with an excellent coach, and two premier basketball teams, that the Big 12 wants more than football fans might think.

Reaction Score
FSU seems to want to go somewhere. Clem’s Son doesn’t seem to be moving that way- though they do want an increased share of football revenue.

The SEC has been silent- but it was silent before Tex and Okie joined too. I would imagine they are conferring to see if the pie gets bigger before they offer a piece to somebody new. Would espn support FSU in wrecking their ACC puppet? I have doubts.

Reaction Score
One of the 3 options I mentioned a few days ago........The remaining 4
1. Merge into the Mountain West Conference or one of the other Western Regional Conferences.
2. Each school breaks away and cuts its own separate deal with another conference.
3. Go independent.

The remaining 4 PAC 4 programs need somebody to throw them (as a group or separately) a lifeline. They have no bargaining power and no chips. :eek:

Some of the deals that don't look attractive today to the PAC4, might well look a whole lot better as the days/weeks go by.
I see no potential value in Cal for any conference. Though it’s in one of the nation’s largest metros, it has little fan:alumni support. It don’t see any growth potential. Half their alums and students hate football. Indeed, one of my slightly weird predictions is that they will seek to have Cali ban high school football to invest the savings in more untiring programs.

But Stanford . . . ! Oh I hope they find a worthy home.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Boston College blackballed UConn. I don’t know if it’s forever but maybe hard feelings persist on their side after UConn football gave BC a beating last year
Don't we talk about not holding grudges when the subject of Tennessee WBB comes up here in the yard? And how some "old guard" posters still hold a grudge and a hard line against Ol' Rocky Top? :mad: There are a lot of UConn fans and boosters here that comment continuously that UConn Nation should forgive and forget. Pat is gone, and Geno has moved on.

Is Boston College still holding a grudge against UConn and preventing them from receiving so much as a modicum of consideration for admission into the ACC? I'm not being facetious here. I'm really not familiar with the details that led up to the rift between BC and UConn.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I see no potential value in Cal for any conference. Though it’s in one of the nation’s largest metros, it has little fan:alumni support. It don’t see any growth potential. Half their alums and students hate football. Indeed, one of my slightly weird predictions is that they will seek to have Cali ban high school football to invest the savings in more untiring programs.

You can be sure....................like a cat, Stanford WILL land on its feet. Stanford is a well-run private institution of higher learning.
How much money does Stanford have in endowments? $37.8 billion.

At the beginning of the fiscal year 2021-22, Stanford's endowment was valued at $37.8 billion. The endowment payout of $1.47 billion — 3.9% of the endowment's value — covered about 21 percent of the university's operating costs of $6.84 billion. They're solvent and will remain so for years to come. ;) The Stanford Management Company (SMC) is the office within Stanford University that invests the Endowment and other financial assets to provide long-term support to the University.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Don't we talk about not holding grudges when the subject of Tennessee WBB comes up here in the yard? And how some "old guard" posters still hold a grudge and a hard line against Ol' Rocky Top? :mad: There are a lot of UConn fans and boosters here that comment continuously that UConn Nation should forgive and forget. Pat is gone, and Geno has moved on.

Is Boston College still holding a grudge against UConn and preventing them from receiving so much as a modicum of consideration for admission into the ACC? I'm not being facetious here. I'm really not familiar with the details that led up to the rift between BC and UConn.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Thanks, Nan................now I know the rest of the story (Paul Harvey). Those "vitriolic" comments will do it every time. :confused:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Boston College doesn't have that much power in the ACC. It wasn't just them that didn't want UConn in the ACC. FSU, Clemson, Ga Tech, Miami, State and probably VPI didn't want UConn either. Duke and Chapel Hill were in favor of adding the Huskies.

Carnac

Reaction Score

Cal may piggyback on Stanford's coattails and go or do whatever they decide to do.

Reaction Score
You can be sure....................like a cat, Stanford WILL land on its feet. Stanford is a well-run private institution of higher learning.
How much money does Stanford have in endowments? $37.8 billion.

At the beginning of the fiscal year 2021-22, Stanford's endowment was valued at $37.8 billion. The endowment payout of $1.47 billion — 3.9% of the endowment's value — covered about 21 percent of the university's operating costs of $6.84 billion. They're solvent and will remain so for years to come. ;) The Stanford Management Company (SMC) is the office within Stanford University that invests the Endowment and other financial assets to provide long-term support to the University.
You know it will be big news if the Ivy League decides to move up to FBS and then adds Stanford and Cal Berkeley lol! Ivy League will be one of the richest conferences just from collective endowment values!

Carnac

Reaction Score
Boston College doesn't have that much power in the ACC. It wasn't just them that didn't want UConn in the ACC. FSU, Clemson, Ga Tech, Miami, State and probably VPI didn't want UConn either. Duke and Chapel Hill were in favor of adding the Huskies.
The article said that ESPN told BC what to do, even though ESPN denied it. Guess who I believe. :rolleyes:

Carnac

Reaction Score
You know it will be big news if the Ivy League decides to move up to FBS and then adds Stanford and Cal Berkeley lol! Ivy League will be one of the richest conferences just from collective endowment values!
Broooce, what are you drinking? :eek: I didn't see that one coming. It will be BIG NEWS!!! With everything that has been done and said in the last two weeks, it's not inconceivable. Everybody is thinking outside the box on these conference realignment proposals. It will not surprise me if we get a report in the coming days that the remaining PAC 4 schools have decided to break ranks, and it's now everyman (institution) for himself. This is better than a sitcom. :D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Broooce, what are you drinking? :eek: That idea came out of nowhere. It will be BIG NEWS!!! With everything that has been done and said in the last two weeks, it's not inconceivable. Everybody is thinking outside the box on these conference realignment proposals.
just trying to lighten the mood. Like you I'm stressed out over the utter disrespect shown to UConn by conference commissioners and clueless university leadership. My neck can't take it much longer.:(

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Last week when I first posted this depiction of the Titanic going down in the early morning hours of 15 April 1912 in the icy waters of the North Atlantic Ocean, four days into her maiden voyage from Southampton to New York City, and liking it to the PAC 12's "current state,"

View attachment 90460

Some scoffed and thought I was being over dramatic and a bit hasty in forming my opinion. Fast forward to today. How about now? :eek:
That was low-hanging fruit....an easy read.
Did you draw this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32