Big 12 Pushing For UConn Part Deux! | Page 44 | The Boneyard

Big 12 Pushing For UConn Part Deux!

Reaction Score
I come back to this board because I know it's coming. I've got a little itch down there, and I know the kill shot is coming.

Reaction Score
My point is that you folks keep boasting about the silliest things. Connecticut's population, UConn's state flagship status, its academics, and the relative wealth of your population, for example. If Connecticut is such a wealthy state, why is UConn's endowment so low? If UConn is such an academic powerhouse, why would you use the word "you're" when you mean "your?" That's not even English 101; it's grade school stuff. Get off your high horses and stop bragging about yourselves. Your strengths are well known, and so are your weaknesses.
We’re one of the original colonies. We defeated the British. If not for us you would be speaking English. You’re welcome.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
No, that was Delaware. Cute try, though. :)

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
My point is that you folks keep boasting about the silliest things. Connecticut's population, UConn's state flagship status, its academics, and the relative wealth of your population, for example. If Connecticut is such a wealthy state, why is UConn's endowment so low? If UConn is such an academic powerhouse, why would you use the word "you're" when you mean "your?" That's not even English 101; it's grade school stuff. Get off your high horses and stop bragging about yourselves. Your strengths are well known, and so are your weaknesses.
Yawn

Reaction Score

“O, wad some Power the giftie gie us​

To see oursels as others see us!"​

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

What's up with this?

1690933265171.png

Reaction Score
UConn vs Duke would be top 5.
Yes it would. I would contend that the half dozen times our paths crossed were some of the most compelling basketball I’ve watched. We have a fiercer rivalry with Duke than most of our conference foes.

Reaction Score
If we get in the BIG 12, that guarantees that Mora remains our coach for at least another 3 years

Reaction Score
Nope, historians recognize the Fundamental Orders of Connecticut (1638/1639) as the 1st constitution created in the US colonies. Hence, the Constitution State.

150 years later, the Articles of Confederation were replaced by the first US Constitution (1789). CT was the 5th state to adopt the US Constitution.

Reaction Score
Like many of you, I have read countless articles, blogs, and tweets about college conference structure suggestions. This has included promotion/relegation at the school level. But that involves schools switching conferences, so IMO, that will never happen. But I have never seen anything about promotion within a conference. Next year, when both the B1G and SEC each have 16 teams, it would be great to have a 1st and 2nd division within each conference and within each sport desired. So for B1G and SEC football, you could have 8 teams in each division. At the end of each sport cycle, 1st place moves up, last place moves down. This would also be great for scheduling, as the stronger teams will play each other and the not-so-strong ones will play each other. What say you?

Reaction Score
We’re one of the original colonies. We defeated the British. If not for us you would be speaking English. You’re welcome.
Oh, thank you. I've always wondered why I speak English instead of English. Now I know. I speak English instead of English because Connecticut was one of the original colonies. Not only that, it defeated the British. I'm so grateful.

Did Connecticut also win the War of 1812? If so, another reason to celebrate the fact that I speak English instead of English.

Reaction Score
Like many of you, I have read countless articles, blogs, and tweets about college conference structure suggestions. This has included promotion/relegation at the school level. But that involves schools switching conferences, so IMO, that will never happen. But I have never seen anything about promotion within a conference. Next year, when both the B1G and SEC each have 16 teams, it would be great to have a 1st and 2nd division within each conference and within each sport desired. So for B1G and SEC football, you could have 8 teams in each division. At the end of each sport cycle, 1st place moves up, last place moves down. This would also be great for scheduling, as the stronger teams will play each other and the not-so-strong ones will play each other. What say you?
I think relegation would be very hard for college boosters to follow - as opposed to the professional ranks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom