Big 12 no longer an option | The Boneyard

Big 12 no longer an option

Reaction Score
No way we'd ever join for basketball only. They were dillusional. That's like taking a bite out of a donut and thinking anyone else is going to want that donut. No benefit for UConn.

Reaction Score
UConn is so desperate right now that it might consider opening low key talks with the B1G about an arrangement on short money.

It will doom football into being forever the red headed step child. But... you gotta do what you gotta do.
I had read that SMU (?) had made a pitch to the B1G or B12...can't remember which...that they'd join and not take any money for like 8 years or something crazy. So we wouldn't be the only ones on our hands and knees

Reaction Score
UConn is so desperate right now that it might consider opening low key talks with the B1G about an arrangement on short money.

It will doom football into being forever the red headed step child. But... you gotta do what you gotta do.
Pitch BB only to the B1G, same money as BE, 6 FB games a year 3 home and away and let us sell those games. Who says no?

Reaction Score
Screw the P5. We’re national champs with a great class coming in, a fine coach, and a top 5 preseason ranking. The sky isn’t falling.

Check out the salaries of NBA players, and just sports in general. They are absolutely exploding. That’s the future. And it’s going to eventually make its way down to college sports. The NCAA is losing all control over the NIL situation.

We are fine now. What about when the top 100 players in the country are demanding $5 mil a year by 2030?

Reaction Score
Check out the salaries of NBA players, and just sports in general. They are absolutely exploding. That’s the future. And it’s going to eventually make its way down to college sports. The NCAA is losing all control over the NIL situation.

We are fine now. What about when the top 100 players in the country are demanding $5 mil a year by 2030?
5 mil a year? FOH.

Reaction Score
What about when the top 100 players in the country are demanding $5 mil a year by 2030.

The rest of us in the real world realize that the sky is not falling, and everything will be fine. Top-10 players aren't even demanding that much now, dude.

Basketball will be a powerhouse in P5 or the Big East as long as Hurley is here. Football may falter post-Mora, but it is what it is at this point.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Screw the P5. We’re national champs with a great class coming in, a fine coach, and a top 5 preseason ranking. The sky isn’t falling.
This will hurt football and may cost the university Jim Mora in the near future. Basketball doesn't ring the cash register as much as football will. UConn has to get into a MAJOR conference to survive financially within the AD as well as in the whole picture. The NBE isn't the way.
There will still be options out there in the future, but UConn cannot stay in the NBE without the revenue the big boys offer.

Reaction Score
5 mil a year? FOH.
5 mil is probably only realistic for the Zion's, LaMelo's, and Cooper Flagg types but the top 100 kids are going to want at least 300k per year for sure, and players are already getting that. We are lucky we are getting players right now without that. I know its being worked on.

Reaction Score
5 mil is probably only realistic for the Zion's, LaMelo's, and Cooper Flagg types but the top 100 kids are going to want at least 300k per year for sure, and players are already getting that. We are lucky we are getting players right now without that. I know its being worked on.
I see no way colleges are payong 5 million a year regularly for a 1 and done. Where is ROI on that? You may get a few crazies at Kentucky to do that ONCE in a while, but realistically thay kid is headed to the NBA.

Reaction Score
I see no way colleges are payong 5 million a year regularly for a 1 and done. Where is ROI on that? You may get a few crazies at Kentucky to do that ONCE in a while, but realistically thay kid is headed to the NBA.
There is no ROI on most of these, even the small deals.

Reaction Score
Since this is the Basketball Forum I’ll say, “who cares”…F the Big 12.

We are still in an elite basketball conference with a storied and proven past and I think most of us would rather play BB in the BE where our past history started. We will still have national recognition, we will still recruit top players and the BE will still resonate with local and national kids.

As a UConn basketball fan I have no problem staying where we are.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom