Best Player in the Country | The Boneyard

Best Player in the Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... is Ms. Breanna Stewart. Is there really a coach or voter that believes there is some other player better than her? GO STEWIE!!!!!!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Odyssey may not be better- but I don't think Breanna would be robbed if Odyssey won it. Her stats and where she has carried her team of young non starters to is as deserving IMO. And I think Stewie would be the first pick this year in the draft- but I believe Sims would be just as robbed. I wouldn't be upset if it's a shared title if that's possible!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I'm still going with Chiney!

Breanna can clean it up the next two years!

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I'm still going with Chiney!

Breanna can clean it up the next two years!
You may be right about the next two years- but with a Diamond DeShields, and some crazy minor potential nagging injury to Stewie , like the season KML has had- and everything is not as gtd as we may think it is. Chiney is awesome and seams like she would be a great teammate. I just think it's Odyssey.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
You may be right about the next two years- but with a Diamond DeShields, and some crazy minor potential nagging injury to Stewie , like the season KML has had- and everything is not as gtd as we may think it is. Chiney is awesome and seams like she would be a great teammate. I just think it's Odyssey.

Peck picks Odyssey so she must be the POY. The Coach has spoken.

Reaction Score
From what Kara Lawson said on one of the intermission segments on ESPN, she thinks that Stewie's Swat is the play of the year from the probable NPOY. That and one of Stewie's turnaround jumpers that was "filthy". LOL! Also been described as "...that's not fair!" by another commentator.

I'm going with Stewie.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Carolyn Peck is the most biased announcer for the women's game.

Anything she says needs to be taken with a whole lot of salt!!!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
POY in award or not, Stewart is the best player in the country. What Sims has going for her is that she took a team of green players and brought the team to where it is now. That may get her a lot of votes.

No player was asked to do more for her team, and she delivered!

Reaction Score
Too bad POY will be decided before the FF. Could just make sure Stanford makes it to FF (or else Chiney doesn't deserve it), and make sure Baylor beats ND and gets to FF (or else Odyssey doesn't deserve it). Then match Breanna up with each of them and see what happens.

Reaction Score
I would be fine with any of them winning. I do think that Chiney and Odyssey have a better chance, though.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Too bad POY will be decided before the FF. Could just make sure Stanford makes it to FF (or else Chiney doesn't deserve it), and make sure Baylor beats ND and gets to FF (or else Odyssey doesn't deserve it). Then match Breanna up with each of them and see what happens.
I totally disagree that if Baylor goes down to NDame Sims doesn't deserve it. ND has 7 seasoned regulars that have been to the final four and the best new freshman point guard in the country- that doesn't seam fair.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I would be fine with any of them winning. I do think that Chiney and Odyssey have a better chance, though.
It is really splitting hairs- all three do what their respective teams need them to do to win. And I know Stewie could score 30,a night if we wanted or needed her to.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
No doubt Breanna is the best player in the country and approach the Greatest of All Time. However if she doesn't win POY the excuses will be MVP to their team and that would single out Sims and Chiney as two players who carried their teams and saying Breanna had alot of help. IMO the Greates Player in WCBB should win every award and if you think Im wrong then listen to the non bias TV announcers claiming Breannna is the Best. BTW did you notice Carolyn wearing Orange yesterday.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
There are a couple of NPOY awards out there. I hope Breanna "at least" wins the Wade. And if she doesn't win anything, I hope she goes after the Final Four like Vince Young did the 2006 Rose Bowl after being robbed of the Heisman.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Stewart may be penalized simply because she has a tremendous amount of talent around her. Chiney and Odyssey both have had to carry their teams and may be rewarded for that. Their roles have certainly been much more demanding than Stewart's. Stewart is in a position where she just goes out and plays her game and is not in the leadership role that Sims and Chiney are.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
There are a couple of NPOY awards out there. I hope Breanna "at least" wins the Wade. And if she doesn't win anything, I hope she goes after the Final Four like Vince Young did the 2006 Rose Bowl after being robbed of the Heisman.

Stewart doesn't seem like the type who would be offended and spurred on by not winning an award. She truly seems like the type that just goes about her business and just wants a team win.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
If Sims wins it will be only the second time in the last 20 years or maybe ever that a player won the award while shooting under 45%. Duke's Lindsey Harding set the precedent a few years back, and I guess that's a good comparison for Sims' role on her team.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Stewart may be penalized simply because she has a tremendous amount of talent around her. Chiney and Odyssey both have had to carry their teams and may be rewarded for that. Their rolls have certainly been much more demanding than Stewart's. Stewart is in a position where she just goes out and plays her game and is not in the leadership role that Sims and Chiney are.
What "roll" is that? To carry a team to a 2 seed? Stewie has been the best player on the #1 overall seed in the country.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Like I said you can rationalize all you want about who's the NPOY but Breanna is the Greatest Player in WCBB . The excuses range from shes a soph and will get 2 more cracks at it to shes a team player vs a one player show etc etc. Bottom line is shes played the tuffest schedule on the greatest team and that makes it even tuffer for her to do what she did. The plays arent centered around her they centered around the team unlike BU and Stanford. I would be very surprised if she didnt win it and Sims and Chiney got other awards. I was shocked when Diana didnt get the award and it was given to I forgot her name from Duke.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
But you're talking about a team she basically had to be shamed into coming back to before skipping off as soon as the NC was in the bag. But at least she didn't do anything to get in the way of the path to the championship.

Reaction Score
I totally disagree that if Baylor goes down to NDame Sims doesn't deserve it. ND has 7 seasoned regulars that have been to the final four and the best new freshman point guard in the country- that doesn't seam fair.
"Fair"? Like when Brittney Griner was 6'8" and the tallest other players were at least 3" shorter?

OK sorry that's irrelevant to this year. But isn't POY about who's the best player, not about being 'fair'?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
And it is Player of the Year, not Most Valuable Player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom