Bench #20 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Bench #20

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Marder was in for at least a few plays Friday and looked pretty good on a couple. I believe that Obi's future is at LB and that he'll be playing that position later this season.

Reaction Score
Our defense played well, but no, Obi did not have a good game. Maybe sitting for a bit will help.

I somewhat disagree that our defense played well. Way too many long 3rd down plays given up. Long TD pass looked bad on 4th down no less. A bunch of wide open receivers. Too many 5+ yard runs on first down. Very little pressure applied it appeared as well. Got lucky with the pick-6. Someone else start a thread about no INT's maybe they will get another one this week.

Reaction Score
Marder was in for at least a few plays Friday and looked pretty good on a couple. I believe that Obi's future is at LB and that he'll be playing that position later this season.

Obi even at 210 lbs? He has to add a lot of bulk for that to happen. Not to mention, he appears to be the tallest player on the defense and he's starting at safety. Don't see that very often.

I do like Marder. Kid has speed to burn. He played a bunch of positions in HS, including RB. We will see how he develops during the season/career here.

Reaction Score
Until he gets beat. Then it is some high school kid that isn't on the roster yet.

If you're implying that people are ragging on Obi for getting beat, it hasn't happened just once or twice. He has been a repeat offender this season. We saw it Friday night as he was chasing the WR into the endzone. I didn't get a wide picture view as I was in the front row, but I think Whitmer may have even been able to make that throw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom