Belichick and Danny Hurley | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Belichick and Danny Hurley

Reaction Score
True. My supposition is that Hurley can take a non 5star, and turn him into someone who produces more than a 5 star who went to another school. So it opens up the the field.
I tend to agree.
True. My supposition is that Hurley can take a non 5star, and turn him into someone who produces more than a 5 star who went to another school. So it opens up the the field.
I tend to agree. By finding players who are a culture fit, we get much more out of them. That’s part of the reason why we’re no1 and Kentucky isn’t close despite having much more talent.

The other part is 3rd, 4th and 5th year guys. See: 2014 team (again) vs UK’s insane studs. No contest.

One of those two is a huge advantage. The two together really make a program truly elite.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It is actually how it is pronounced in West Africa, which is where the name originates. Not sure if the tv crew know that or just got lucky.
But why do Yarders have to stray away from just going with "Diarra?" It's weird.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Why? As noted above, it is how the name is originally pronounced.
But his name NOW is pronounced Jee-are-ruh. Hence, "Diarra."

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Hurley has won one championship. I'm not a fan of Belichick, but he is a legend. Hurley has one championship.

There is no comparison to be made. Yet.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I don’t see the comparison to Belichick at all. Not even in the slightest.
Me either. Seems people forget the Pats have to live within a salary cap. And even if Brady took less to afford some other guys on offense, there was a defense that had to get paid. Plus, any conversation of Belichick getting only high-character guys kinda goes out the window with Aaron Hernandez.

The thing I've been thinking about lately with Hurley is wondering whether Jay Wright is having second thoughts. AAU/agents/portal/social media/NIL and other distractions are reportedly all reasons why Wright left at top of his game. Now Danny is showing you can still recruit the right guys and not have to constantly deal with those distractions.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Me either. Seems people forget the Pats have to live within a salary cap. And even if Brady took less to afford some other guys on offense, there was a defense that had to get paid. Plus, any conversation of Belichick getting only high-character guys kinda goes out the window with Aaron Hernandez.

The thing I've been thinking about lately with Hurley is wondering whether Jay Wright is having second thoughts. AAU/agents/social media/NIL and other distractions are reportedly all reasons why Wright left at top of his game. Now Danny is showing you can still recruit the right guys and not have to constantly deal with those distractions.
I think you've got something with the Jay Wright thing. I feel like he would do well in this arena. He will ultimately coach again, i believe it.

As for the Belichick thing. I wasn't comparing every aspect of both coaches methods- simply the fact that BB didn't need the blockbuster superstars to win rings. Wes Welker was a special teams guy in Miami until, with a good rec and a vision, Bill struck gold. They barely had any big time stars/draft picks etc. besides Moss.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This thread is weird. If someone has proof that Diarra or anyone with that name finds it offensive to be called the west African way I will lead the charge to eradicate it. Otherwise, the faux outrage is weird.

Go huskies

Reaction Score
This thread is weird. If someone has proof that Diarra or anyone with that name finds it offensive to be called the west African way I will lead the charge to eradicate it. Otherwise, the faux outrage is weird.

Go huskies
We'll stop arguing on here when the team finally has some real success............................

Reaction Score

Go huskies

Reaction Score
Absolutely both very blue collar
What’s blue collar about Hurley? He grew up with the silver coaching spoon in his mouth from Day 1. He’s coaching royalty in the hs and college northeast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom