Before you promote Boyle's ascension ... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Before you promote Boyle's ascension ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It seems HCBD wants to see what Hashemi can do (especially as blocking TE), and garbage time, when the game is out of reach, is a good time (bettered only by garbage time when the game is out of reach for our opponent...but that seems unlikely this season).

It's not ideal, but i understand that he needs to see who can do what in games because those who have been in there haven't been getting it done. my 0.02

He said before the season that Hashemi would play this year. He never said when.

Reaction Score
current regime seems to also aspire to LittleLeague slaughter rule in addition to "everyone pways including elmer fun i mean fud" as referenced above

Reaction Score
Seriously? I've been asking for one for weeks - since BYU - since we claimed some kind of moral victory by playing 50+ players on offense, and 35+ or something on defense - as to WTF we are doing with all these substitutions.

It doesn't surprise me at all that Hashemi was in the game, I bet he's played more than that. It wouldn't surprise me if we have a single player on this roster, that qualifies for a red-shirt season, and no, I have no explanation.

Sheriden Lawley, Brice McAllister, James Atkins, Anthony Watkins, Chris Britton, and Daniel Oak. I don't believe I have seen them on the field yet.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
Sheriden Lawley, Brice McAllister, James Atkins, Anthony Watkins, Chris Britton, and Daniel Oak. I don't believe I have seen them on the field yet.

There's still seven games to go, no rush.

Reaction Score
Husky25 said:
That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out post. Who are you and what did you do with the REAL Freescooter?

He is usually fine when not talking about Warde.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Unless we play Boyle and UConn doesn't win, which would be lose-win. Or he gets injured, like truly injured, which would be lose-lose.
inconceivable.jpg

Reaction Score
Temple is the only game Hashemi has played in.

It makes sense to someone.
Hashemi has been playing on special teams all season.
I wouldve preferred that he redshirted and put on 25 lbs to become an OT.
Because we have of plenty of freshmen TE's.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I thought he played more too but isn't on any participation reports prior to Temple.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
To me the preponderance of evidence suggests pretty strongly that Boyle is not available to play. Diaco's comments, while cryptic strongly indicate that as does the decision to hold him out of the South Florida game and his limited use against Temple and the decision to give Foxx some snaps at quarterback. If Diaco was even a bit clearer in his explanations this might be pretty obvious. Bottom line is I think we'll continue to see little of Boyle until he is healthy, whatever that means. I originally thought that Diaco had invented this hurt but not injured meme to cover for not playing Boyle at USF. After Temple, though I have changed my mind. I suspect he has something, let's call it a booboo, that is limiting his ability to play quarterback.

Why even play him then? Why not let him get fully healed from his booboo.
I think the majority of players with booboo's play football or they are injured and they dont play.

Boyle played a series in the first quarter I believe and the 4th quarter of the Temple game - when did the pain effect his ability to play - after the interception in the fourth?

Reaction Score

He definately has not played on special teams. I've been looking for true frosh participation on there. I've seen Bloom, Diggs, and Summers out there as true frosh. Not once have I seen 83.

We have like 12 TE's coming in next year. Mind numbing why you waste a year for Hashemi. Just stupid.

Reaction Score
I don't understand how people who have watched football for a number of reasons can say things like, "If he's healthy enough to play a few plays, he's healthy enough for the whole game."

Huh? Have you ever watched football? Players are eased back from injuries all the time. They do partial practices. They play a few plays. It's not that crazy. Just because we don't know the extent of the injury or if he's just playing with pain does not make this some sort of Diaco-invented madness.

I promise you, Boyle is not the first player to possibly be hurt and only play a little bit.

Reaction Score
He definately has not played on special teams. I've been looking for true frosh participation on there. I've seen Bloom, Diggs, and Summers out there as true frosh. Not once have I seen 83.

We have like 12 TE's coming in next year. Mind numbing why you waste a year for Hashemi. Just stupid.

"It should be pointed out that South Florida played 52 people in the 2012 game compared to 35 by the Huskies. I don't expect that to be the case tonight. In UConn's most recent game the participation report listed 56 players and that did not include Steve Hashemi, who has been seeing time on the field goal unit while USF also played 56 players per the Bulls' participation report." -Rambling from the Runway, post USF game.

He was on the 2-deep 2 weeks before BYU at TE. He is 20-25lbs heavier than the other 3 TEs and has experience blocking at OT in HS. Gifford got hurt during the game, played injured and got beat when Whitmer fumbled for a TD. Hopkins is being moved all over the line except C to help lend depth and now is Knappe's backup who himself(Knappe) is at least a year away from being where he needs to be at his level. Mr Levy just started playing football relatively late and really needs more time being coached and to get in better shape. So going forward Heshemi can probably help in preventing anybody who is going to be receiving the snaps for the remainder of the year from getting killed or concussed. How many 1st year TEs come in and are big, strong and coached enough to help block effectively?

Reaction Score
Are you basically saying we have no choice but to be rotating players like we are this season? Because if you are, that explanation makes sense to me finally, rather than this development plan of getting players reps talking point.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I don't understand how people who have watched football for a number of reasons can say things like, "If he's healthy enough to play a few plays, he's healthy enough for the whole game."

Huh? Have you ever watched football? Players are eased back from injuries all the time. They do partial practices. They play a few plays. It's not that crazy. Just because we don't know the extent of the injury or if he's just playing with pain does not make this some sort of Diaco-invented madness.

I promise you, Boyle is not the first player to possibly be hurt and only play a little bit.

Assuming this is to me.
Have you ever watched football? - Yes
Also - Boyle doesnt have an injury - you are using the wrong word - he has pain. Players play with pain all the time - injuries not so much.

I cant remember a player eased back into action for 5 plays. On Monday night Jamal Charles was questionable and he was eased back from injury - as he sat out the last game for a high ankle sprain and didnt practice until Thursday, and limited at that - with about 30 plays on the field. I cant recall a player in college or pro eased back for 5 plays spread out over a 2 hour period.

Then the coach comes out and says 'We definitely WANT to, I’m not sure we can. It’s still going to be based on how he feels, but moving forward we definitely want to get him in each game.'

Teddy Bridgewater has a booboo - sprained ankle - I will go out on a limb and say that he either plays or they sit him until healthy. They most likely wont send him out there for 5 plays - unless he starts and reaggravates or cant go.

With 3 players dying on High School football fields this week, the concussion protocols, the dismay in Michigan about the QB injury and being left on the field, why would you put Boyle on the field if he is has pain? What are you gaining? What evaluation on the player are you getting for 5 plays?

You dont need to answer...

Reaction Score
It is not typical for quarterbacks to come in like that. they are either playing or they are not. On the other hand, Diaco has done many things that seem, let's say different, so who knows?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How does one clamor for Boyle to start after killing Disco for weeks saying he wasn't playing to win?

Bonehead

Reaction Score
How does one clamor for Boyle to start after killing Disco for weeks saying he wasn't playing to win?

From behind a keyboard...

Before you edit - Killing Disco - its been dead for years!

Reaction Score

Do you think winning games was Diaco's main priority in the preseason? Forget the fact that we're 1-4 and have no shot to go bowling. Wouldn't NOT playing Boyle (if healthy) fly directly in the face of everything he's preached about?

Reaction Score
I think anyone who thinks playing Boyle is going to turn things around is engaged in wishful thinking. Its possible, I suppose, but based on the evidence(his 2013 play combined with the inability to beat out Whitmer or Cochran this year and his clear #2 status since Cochran's retirement) it seems somewhat unlikely. Even taking into account that last year's #3 did in fact step up, the odds don't seem to favor that happening yet again. There are reasons to play him none the less. I'd list 4 ...1. the season looks like its toast anyway, so what's the harm in giving him a look, 2. Whitmer hasn't done anything so a change is justified, and might get things untracked 3. If it is all about next year, you might as well see what you have in Boyle and that could impact recruiting for another quarterback/JUCO/5th year Sr if you need it, 4. Boyle might benefit from playing under game conditions.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
From behind a keyboard...

Before you edit - Killing Disco - its been dead for years!

Yeah, what do you call EDM if not disco. It's more alive than rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom