BCU fell off the ACC map | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BCU fell off the ACC map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Your all twisted, HISTORY is what helps make us who we are today.....as when you reference 3 national titles in BB......or is that past history only allowed when it is convenient for you?...but anyone else who POINTS to the past it is just an excuse. Double standard for sure and I don't buy that argument in the least.

You can use your history if you would like, but there really isn't anything that exciting about it besides hockey and a shared football title from a million years ago. None of which changes the fact that BC bball is so irrelevant that it was not worth putting on a map.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
LOL ....you reference the Holy War ..... beat them 6 years in a row at one point ....knocked them from the ranks of unbeaten twice (#1 and #4) and out of the national championship race. Mutual respect between these two schools in a very competitive series. Do your research my friend.

How many times has ND knocked BCU out of the national championship race?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Must it always disintegrate like this? BC's football program is now and has historically been better than UConn's. Our basketball program is now and has historically been better than BC's. Pretty simple really. It's a good school, with a nice campus in a very appealing location. It made some sense for the ACC at the time.

Sadly, the pinheads at the ACC didn't follow-through in a logical manner. They should have locked down the Atlantic Coast (hence the name) and invited UConn and Rutgers instead of Syracuse and Pitt. While Syracuse has a fine hoops program, it's in the middle of a dying region that wasn't very attractive to begin with. Pitt offers more, but is more of a midwestern school with no fit to others in the league. With those moves, the ACC may have held off the loss of Maryland and definitely would look much better to the networks. Instead they have now lowered academic standards to new depths, and invited a public school from Kentucky of all places, which is a clear #2 in its own state.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
LOL ....you reference the Holy War ..... beat them 6 years in a row at one point ....knocked them from the ranks of unbeaten twice (#1 and #4) and out of the national championship race. Mutual respect between these two schools in a very competitive series. Do your research my friend.

You engaging me.

You engaged me...you don't like my screen name then please turn your attention elsewhere or block me.

Blocked it is.

Reaction Score
Hello Friend. The question was what does BC bring to the table? The answer was ND bait. I.e. to entice them into the ACC.

I have no idea what your are talking about. Please do join us after we destroy the eagles in a few weeks.

Wouldn't it be cool if they could let Calhoun come back just to coach that one game?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
BCU Football - "We beat Notre Dame once in awhile"

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score

Notre Dame still respecting BC would be like UConn still respecting Providence....or BC....or hell, any of the other once-decent Catholic schools we've eclipsed. Funny, how BC fits in more with the freeloaders of the C7 than they do anyone else....

Reaction Score
Maybe them barely being able to keep that small equipment shed they play basketball in half full and only coming close to football sellouts when Notre Dame comes to town has something to do with people forgetting them.

Reaction Score
BCU Football - "We beat Notre Dame once in awhile"

LOL LOL check your facts jack..........beat them 6 in a row at one point... knocked them out of the national title race twice as #1 and #4. THE HOLY WAR two schools that respect each other and have carried on a very competitive series.

Reaction Score
LOL LOL check your facts jack..........beat them 6 in a row at one point... knocked them out of the national title race twice as #1 and #4. THE HOLY WAR two schools that respect each other and have carried on a very competitive series.

We are undefeated against ND in football!

Reaction Score
Notre Dame still respecting BC would be like UConn still respecting Providence....or BC....or hell, any of the other once-decent Catholic schools we've eclipsed. Funny, how BC fits in more with the freeloaders of the C7 than they do anyone else....

AHHH the venom........its a high profile rivalry and you know it..........both schools love to play the game. The only two Catholic Universities playing Big boy ball. Hockey rivals on a regular basis now makes it even sweeter.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
AHHH the venom........its a high profile rivalry and you know it..........both schools love to play the game. The only two Catholic Universities playing Big boy ball. Hockey rivals on a regular basis now makes it even sweeter.

Big boy ball? In what universe?

BC's sterling win-loss record for the last 5 years plus this season to date:
2013 4-4
2012 2-10
2011 4-8
2010 7-6
2009 9-5 (really should be 8-5 but the BC official site counts the spring game as a W)
2008 9-5

Same time period for UConn:
2013 0-7
2012 5-7
2011 5-7
2010 8-5 (BCS bowl)
2009 8-5
2008 8-5

Neither team is a world beater, but I'm not seeing any evidence of BC's superiority.

As for those wins over ND, first of all, that's not really much to crow about. UConn beat ND at ND. They were not a good football team for years. And at least two of those BC wins were "wide left" field goal kicks by ND and not due to any kind of domination by the Beagles.

One last thing, if we're going to be crowing about minor sports, UConn Women's Basketball's 8 championships > BC's 5 hockey championships.

Reaction Score
.......its a high profile rivalry and you know it...........
SIMON-CONFUSED-GIF.gif

Reaction Score
Never posted anything related to the performance of U Conn basketball.......always give credit when due...great program for sure. My history of posting here has always been pro U Conn to the ACC others will vouch for that. I don't play the my school is better cr@#... but if inaccurate info is posted, or someone posts a piece of useless trivial garbage just for the sake of it then I feel it is fair game.

Still a troll. I'm not on a BC website checking for inaccuracies. And your "holy war" comment screams perversion.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm trying to decide which school is the least relevant nationally in basketball of the following:

1- PC
2 - UMass
3- BC

All trolls welcome to discuss on their respective boards ( should garner a lovely discussion from FriarJ, sean, bcingya and clothy).
roll all three together and their success in the big dance in past 2 decades has been....................................................

Reaction Score
Big boy ball? In what universe?

BC's sterling win-loss record for the last 5 years plus this season to date:
2013 4-4
2012 2-10
2011 4-8
2010 7-6
2009 9-5 (really should be 8-5 but the BC official site counts the spring game as a W)
2008 9-5

Same time period for UConn:
2013 0-7
2012 5-7
2011 5-7
2010 8-5 (BCS bowl)
2009 8-5
2008 8-5

Neither team is a world beater, but I'm not seeing any evidence of BC's superiority.

As for those wins over ND, first of all, that's not really much to crow about. UConn beat ND at ND. They were not a good football team for years. And at least two of those BC wins were "wide left" field goal kicks by ND and not due to any kind of domination by the Beagles.

One last thing, if we're going to be crowing about minor sports, UConn Women's Basketball's 8 championships > BC's 5 hockey championships.

I was speaking in terms of our series with N.D. - GET A CLUE, wide left what the heck are you talking about? PLEASE inform yourself with the facts neither game was decided by any wide right- your just pulling S@#@ from your A@# lol. Who is crowing? I never mentioned another sport....did I? YA YA YA now the big wins were flukes unbeaten Notre Dame teams #1 #4. Your only way of making a point is trying to tear apart the accomplishments of others to bolster your own image....pathetic and No mention of superiority on my part in anything I wrote, scroll back and read it bud.

Reaction Score
Still a troll. I'm not on a BC website checking for inaccuracies. And your "holy war" comment screams perversion.

LOL..... go to WIKI and look it up. its been referenced that way many times over the years by both schools and the media in general. Checking on what? please, I have made numerous visits here and struck up some good conversations of real substance. This is not one of them. Some people can dish it out but when THEY get poked back they have a meltdown.

Reaction Score
LOL..... go to WIKI and look it up. its been referenced that way many times over the years by both schools and the media in general. Checking on what? please, I have made numerous visits here and struck up some good conversations of real substance. This is not one of them. Some people can dish it out but when THEY get poked back they have a meltdown.

Ewwww.. Why would I want to look at anything about BC? It's a real reach if anyone refers to your series as that. Maybe long ago.... But now it just comes across as old cheese.
I get it, you're a nice guy but don't have anyone to play with. But this is our website to feel good about so go back to your lonesome BC site and start a fresh Flutie thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom