BCU fell off the ACC map | The Boneyard

BCU fell off the ACC map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"A UConn grad must work in ESPN's graphics department because there's no other explanation for missing the ACC member closest to the network's Bristol, Connecticut headquarters."

I think irrelevancy is a reasonable explanation.

Reaction Score
Sort of like when the American placed the U Conn logo in the heart of Mass on their map of schools a while back ey

Well, at least they didn't call us UConn College.

Reaction Score
"A UConn grad must work in ESPN's graphics department because there's no other explanation for missing the ACC member closest to the network's Bristol, Connecticut headquarters."

I think irrelevancy is a reasonable explanation.

HMM you can only hope and dream my friend...rather be off the map then confused with Amherst and I would not be throwing the "I" word around loosely in light of your current circumstances

caw

Reaction Score
HMM you can only hope and dream my friend...rather be off the map then confused with Amherst and I would not be throwing the "I" word around loosely in light of your current circumstances

I'm trying to decide which school is the least relevant nationally in basketball of the following:

1- PC
2 - UMass
3- BC

All trolls welcome to discuss on their respective boards ( should garner a lovely discussion from FriarJ, sean, bcingya and clothy).

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Can someone post that picture of the BC student section LOL

Boston-College-Student-Section.jpg

And I just noticed: if you look all the way at the far right of the picture, in the same row as the one BCU student, you'll see the entirety of the BCU pep band.

Reaction Score
Serious question. Has there been a worse Conference Realignment decision than the ACC taking BC? Can someone provide 1 instance of this move paying off for either party? BC b-ball and FB were mediocre at best in the BE and now have fallen off the map. What has the ACC gained?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Serious question. Has there been a worse Conference Realignment decision than the ACC taking BC? Can someone provide 1 instance of this move paying off for either party? BC b-ball and FB were mediocre at best in the BE and now have fallen off the map. What has the ACC gained?

ND Bait.

Reaction Score
Irrelevancy

Nothing says it like 0-7
A school with a lot of history and tradition (top 30 program all time in wins in football look it up) great academics top 5 nationally in graduation rate for athletics.....oh and in a great city to boot. They knew what they were getting hence the invitation in 2005. CHA CHING.

D

Deleted member 3149

Nothing says it like 0-7
A school with a lot of history and tradition (top 30 program all time in wins in football look it up) great academics top 5 nationally in graduation rate for athletics.....oh and in a great city to boot. They knew what they were getting hence the invitation in 2005. CHA CHING.

3 National Titles in the past 14 years for basketball and a BCS bowl game for football. Anything but irrelevant.

HAHA silly BCU fan....

Reaction Score
ND Bait.

LOL ....you reference the Holy War ..... beat them 6 years in a row at one point ....knocked them from the ranks of unbeaten twice (#1 and #4) and out of the national championship race. Mutual respect between these two schools in a very competitive series. Do your research my friend.

Reaction Score
Nothing says it like 0-7

Let me rephrase the question. What has the ACC gained from BC sports? They're now a pushover in FB and BBall. Ticket sales have not gone up, ratings have not gone up. BC is in a great city but it doesn't matter if nobody there cares.

U

UCONNfan1

BCU is a great school academically, located in a great and vibrant city. Their football program is better than UCONN's and the conference they are in is something we are all envious of. I can't pretend those facts aren't true.

However, their hoops programs are pathetic at best, and nonexistent at worst - on both the men's and women's side. Honestly I'm not sure why their hoops programs are so awful - there is a lot going for that school, but for some reason they seem to almost always have been mostly irrelevant.

Reaction Score
Nothing says it like 0-7

I think you've answered the inquiry perfectly! Whenever someone says something like "but look at our history and tradition", what they're really saying is..."we are so bad now, that all we can do is look in the history book to remind ourselves of when we were decent!" Your other points are all off-topic and irrelevant to his question. He was asking about athletics..and to that, you couldn't find one positive thing to say about either program's athletic accomplishments since they joined?? That in itself says it all! KAPUT!

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
LOL ....you reference the Holy War ..... beat them 6 years in a row at one point ....knocked them from the ranks of unbeaten twice (#1 and #4) and out of the national championship race. Mutual respect between these two schools in a very competitive series. Do your research my friend.

Hello Friend. The question was what does BC bring to the table? The answer was ND bait. I.e. to entice them into the ACC.

I have no idea what your are talking about. Please do join us after we destroy the eagles in a few weeks.

Reaction Score
3 National Titles in the past 14 years for basketball and a BCS bowl game for football. Anything but irrelevant.

HAHA silly BCU fan....

Never posted anything related to the performance of U Conn basketball.......always give credit when due...great program for sure. My history of posting here has always been pro U Conn to the ACC others will vouch for that. I don't play the my school is better cr@#... but if inaccurate info is posted, or someone posts a piece of useless trivial garbage just for the sake of it then I feel it is fair game.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Never posted anything related to the performance of U Conn basketball.......always give credit when due...great program for sure. My history of posting here has always been pro U Conn to the ACC others will vouch for that. I don't play the my school is better cr@#... but if inaccurate info is posted, or someone posts a piece of useless trivial garbage just for the sake of it then I feel it is fair game.

You can't play the I'm not a troll card when your handle alone is inflammatory. If it wasn't intended to be inflammatory, then you are criminally tactless. Either way.

Reaction Score
I think you've answered the inquiry perfectly! Whenever someone says something like "but look at our history and tradition", what they're really saying is..."we are so bad now, that all we can do is look in the history book to remind ourselves of when we were decent!" Your other points are all off-topic and irrelevant to his question. He was asking about athletics..and to that, you couldn't find one positive thing to say about either program's athletic accomplishments since they joined?? That in itself says it all! KAPUT!

Your all twisted, HISTORY is what helps make us who we are today.....as when you reference 3 national titles in BB......or is that past history only allowed when it is convenient for you?...but anyone else who POINTS to the past it is just an excuse. Double standard for sure and I don't buy that argument in the least.

Reaction Score
Folks, I only pointed out that BCU fell off the ACC map. That's a fact, nothing to argue about. All the rest is totally irrelevant.

Reaction Score
You can't play the I'm not a troll card when your handle alone is inflammatory. If it wasn't intended to be inflammatory, then you are criminally tactless. Either way.

Get a grip will you.....I have been posting here a while and have met some really nice people and have had some great conversations. My handle? Im a registered member like anyone else and have shown nothing but respect towards others, slamming someone for a screen name? really?... I take pride in my school just like anyone else. You engaged me...you don't like my screen name then please turn your attention elsewhere or block me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom