BCS Seasons I Wouldn't Trade For | Page 2 | The Boneyard

BCS Seasons I Wouldn't Trade For

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kent State will give RU all they can handle. And Toledo is an excellent team. MAC in total isn't a great league but they do have some good programs. Toledo's head coach Campbell is something like 32 years old. I think he's the youngest head coach in big time football. Toledo recruits well and runs an exciting offense. Hmmmm - sounds like someone that a certain program might take a look at.

Reaction Score
But Virginia is in a better conference than UConn.

We suck, but one thing we have going for us is the BE us much better than the ACC this season. 37.5% of BE teams are ranked in the top 25 versus about 16% of ACC teams. Even Duke is putting together a decent season against that mess, and it's not because Duke is great.

Reaction Score
The eye test maters to everyone else in the country, if we had better talent in our conference it would make us look better to the rest of the country. I'm not just talking about this year, I'm talking about the next 5, 10, 20. In the long run it doesn't matter if the BE's football product was better than the ACC's in 2012 (or once every 4 or 5 yrs). What matters is the overall quality of the product on the field year in and year out, that's what wins titles and makes it rain, brings home the bacon, makes the money.

By the way, you get this done by recruiting 4 and 5 star players like the ACC does and coaching them to do what they do. Not bringing in 2 and 3 star players and coaching them up. Talent and recruiting beats development and coaching every day...you may not like it but its the truth

Gotta agree with you on this. If the ACC weren't better than the BE, UConn would already be in it. The ACC is the conference that is expanding and poaching the better programs (not just football). The Big East has been the Island of Misfit Toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom