BCS Seasons I Wouldn't Trade For | The Boneyard

BCS Seasons I Wouldn't Trade For

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This is really a plea for help emotionally, but in an attempt to try to drown my sorrows in something other than whiskey, I set out to look for teams in BCS conferences who i would not trade this season for. As you can imagine, the list isn't long at all. Here we go:

ACC: BC, Virginia. (these two teams are unbelievably having a worst season than our most disastrous, and I cannot believe that I can't possibly add Duke or WF to this list. Unbelievable)

Big12: Kansas. (everyone else in this league, I would trade for in a New York minute).

Big10: Indiana. (Under normal years, I can add Minnesota, except they beat both WMU and Cuse).

Pac12: Washington State, Colorado. (Oh, how the mighty have fallen if I wouldn't even trade this wretch of a season for the Buffs).

SEC: Kentucky, Auburn. (Take my above comment on Colorado, and multiply by 1,000 for Auburn).

Big East: nobody. (This is the one that kills me. Surely, Temple would have made that list, if not the Pitt team that got beat by friggin' Youngstown State, but they are both having better seasons).

That's it. I couldn't even add Arkansas to that list, because they are on a 2-game winning streak and may actually become bowl eligible with the way they are playing of late. And after this past Friday, I'm surprised I could even think of 8 teams I would not trade the season for, but that's me being a "glass is 1/4 full" kind of guy. Someone shoot me...:(

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i would take uva year knowing what i had on the trail coming in...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
i would take uva year knowing what i had on the trail coming in...

Their next four games are:

@NCState
Miami
UNC
@Va Tech

I don't think they win any of those, finishing 2-10. You think they'll pick one of those up in the win column?

Reaction Score
Virginia is in a beterr conference, so think they get the nod over UConn at the moment.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Their next four games are:

@NCState
Miami
UNC
@Va Tech

I don't think they win any of those, finishing 2-10. You think they'll pick one of those up in the win column?

nope, but they have back to back great recruit classes so eventually it will all click there just like whats sorta happening at rutgers right now or cicny. once u reach 4 or 5 years of solid classes on the trail the depth gets top notch and competition and hunger get elevated.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Virginia is in a beterr conference, so think they get the nod over UConn at the moment.

I said "seasons", not programs. You think that I wouldn't trade for Auburn's program???? I'm not THAT drunk....yet...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
nope, but they have back to back great recruit classes so eventually it will all click there just like whats sorta happening at rutgers right now or cicny. once u reach 4 or 5 years of solid classes on the trail the depth gets top notch and competition and hunger get elevated.

See my note to TDH above. Seasons, not programs.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Computers and polls say the Big East is better than the ACC.

I think they were talking about the money situation, but if they are talking about the football quality, then I'm with you....slightly...

Reaction Score
I think they were talking about the money situation, but if they are talking about the football quality, then I'm with you....slightly...
Let's hope our commish can work up his connections.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
We need a Boneyard meetup to drown this season's sorrows...

I can see this happening:

97: Hi, my name is Dan.
BY'ers: Hi, Dan.
97: It's been a month since I've seen my Huskies win.
BY'ers: We've been there, Dan...we've been there...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Problem is the eye test doesnt

What on earth does the "eye test" matter when we are 4-3 head to head? Also, we have 3 ranked teams to their 2, but we only have 8 members. Clearly, the writers' and coaches' eyes think we pass the test better than they do. And like I said...."slightly"....

Reaction Score
What on earth does the "eye test" matter when we are 4-3 head to head? Also, we have 3 ranked teams to their 2, but we only have 8 members. Clearly, the writers' and coaches' eyes think we pass the test better than they do. And like I said...."slightly"....
The eye test maters to everyone else in the country, if we had better talent in our conference it would make us look better to the rest of the country. I'm not just talking about this year, I'm talking about the next 5, 10, 20. In the long run it doesn't matter if the BE's football product was better than the ACC's in 2012 (or once every 4 or 5 yrs). What matters is the overall quality of the product on the field year in and year out, that's what wins titles and makes it rain, brings home the bacon, makes the money.

By the way, you get this done by recruiting 4 and 5 star players like the ACC does and coaching them to do what they do. Not bringing in 2 and 3 star players and coaching them up. Talent and recruiting beats development and coaching every day...you may not like it but its the truth

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
The eye test maters to everyone else in the country, if we had better talent in our conference it would make us look better to the rest of the country. I'm not just talking about this year, I'm talking about the next 5, 10, 20. In the long run it doesn't matter if the BE's football product was better than the ACC's in 2012 (or once every 4 or 5 yrs). What matters is the overall quality of the product on the field year in and year out, that's what wins titles and makes it rain, brings home the bacon, makes the money.

You're not using the right words. It's not about the "eye-test", which we are clearly winning this year (based on head-to-head, but more importantly, the national rankings). You meant to say the "history" or the "pedigree". There is nothing that a team like Louisville can do about having less of a history than Florida State. Nothing. The same goes for the rest of the Big East versus the pedigrees of Miami, Florida State, Clemson, etc. But that has nothing to do with the "eye ball" test...

Reaction Score
You're not using the right words. It's not about the "eye-test", which we are clearly winning this year (based on head-to-head, but more importantly, the national rankings). You meant to say the "history" or the "pedigree". There is nothing that a team like Louisville can do about having less of a history than Florida State. Nothing. The same goes for the rest of the Big East versus the pedigrees of Miami, Florida State, Clemson, etc. But that has nothing to do with the "eye ball" test...
You're right. I'm drunk. Either way we will never be equal to the ACC unless we get an invite. Those of you who think we are can keep complaining but you should give up before getting disappointed yr after yr

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
You're right. I'm drunk. Either way we will never be equal to the ACC unless we get an invite. Those of you who think we are can keep complaining but you should give up before getting disappointed yr after yr

I have no idea what you're talking about. First, I never said you were drunk. Secondly, you're the one talking about an "eye test", when in actuality, you just typed what you really meant and felt: "we will never be equal to the ACC unless we get an invite." If that's how you feel, so be it. Just don't try to pass it off as something else...

Reaction Score
By the way if you go by wins and losses, Cincinnati lost to Toledo today. So is the Mac better than the BE?

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
By the way if you go by wins and losses, Cincinnati lost to Toledo today. So is the Mac better than the BE?

Maybe. Toledo has one loss and that was in OT to a good Arizona team at Arizona. The MAC has a team that is 7-0, two teams that are 7-1, and one team that is 6-1. If they didn't have UMass, Buffalo, and Eastern Michigan, they would be making that claim right now, and I'm not sure they can't make that claim anyways...

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
By the way, just for the record, the Big East is 4-3 against the MAC so far this year, with one game left (Rutgers vs. Kent State [7-1])...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom