Baylor-Oregon State thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Baylor-Oregon State thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yes yes yes! Whodda thunk this FF at the beginning of the season. Pac 12 repped well!

Reaction Score
WOW!

Mulkey BLEW that game! She used 3 timeouts after made Baylor baskets! No timeouts when needed!

3 first timers! WOW!

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Major props to Oregon State for gutting that one out. That's a tough team right there.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but Mulkey loses these games for her team. That technical? Stupid. Calling your last time out with 3:55 to go in the fourth quarter? Ridiculous. Her team played with no poise down the stretch as she was increasingly pulling her hair out.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I'm really gonna miss Mulkey's histrionics in our game :rolleyes:

Last edited:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Congrats to OSU. Well played game.

Only one #1 seed remains - UCONN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
ONLY one #1 seed makes it the Final Four. So outside of us parity does exist.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but Mulkey loses these games for her team. That technical? Stupid. Calling your last time out with 3:55 to go in the fourth quarter? Ridiculous. Her team played with no poise down the stretch as she was increasingly pulling her hair out.
Fire her! Lol

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
HOLY MACKEREL!

What a clutch performance by Oregon State. They overcame so much adversity in this game: major foul trouble, cold shooting in the entire second half, and a Baylor-heavy crowd.

Just phenomenal.

Reaction Score

The technical and the usage of timeouts! Wow she really had a bad game. The OSU coach really did out coach her.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

Mulky is a good coach but not a great coach. Too many critical mistakes over the years that have cost her team games and maybe another championship or two. She also does not really develop the talent she recruits.

Plebe

Reaction Score
And it must be said: Two Pac-12 teams in the Final Four, for what I think is the first time ever.

Scott Rueck raised up this program from THE DEAD in just a short 4 years.

Reaction Score
OSU was playing with all starters handcuffed with fouls and they still beat Baylor in front of what is basically a home crowd. Congrats to OSU. Baylor got on a roll, but they never really played any team that was really good. Also, I think Nina Davis is overrated. The question for Baylor fans was can Baylor beat UConn?

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
FiveThirtyEight now has UConn's chances of winning the tournament up to 93%.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Davis wasn't set there

I thought both of the charges called on Weisner in the 4th quarter were, in the replay, clear blocks.

Reaction Score

That technical :rolleyes: translated into 3 points for OSU. Difference in the final score... 3 Pts! 60-57.

Reaction Score
Baylor plays great defense and runs the court very well, but no team is ever going to win a championship without hitting threes or free throws. If they had won tonight, they would not have been a major obstacle to the final game. Oregon State will be much more problematic, BUT their whole offense is off the bounce. That is a major weakness that will be exposed early next Sunday.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I'd like to hear from "easttexastrash" right about how it worked to Baylor's advantage to have not played Oregon State yet, ya know, for that whole surprise thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashfan

Top Bottom