Battle 4 Atlantis - UConn vs. Michigan (11/25 @ 9:30PM) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Battle 4 Atlantis - UConn vs. Michigan (11/25 @ 9:30PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I don't follow recruiting much but is the sec as a whole recruiting a lot better recently or am I imagining it?
It could be the country getting sick of Kentucky and wanting to dethrone them in the SEC.

Reaction Score
I don't follow recruiting much but is the sec as a whole recruiting a lot better recently or am I imagining it?
Not sure bout the SEC as a whole but A&M and LSU are stepping things up to join UK and UF

Reaction Score
Any idea what times the games will be?
Last years bracket for reference:
U8UVncX.jpg

Reaction Score

Not sure the SEC has ever had much trouble recruiting, even in basketball. Finding quality coaches seems to be a problem for a lot of those schools.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
re: AXS, 340 on DirecTV - so the basic package and you don't need the sports package, but if you're a sports fan, why wouldn't you have the sports package anyway?

Sat TV is for rednecks and people who like getting any sports feed available. How any UConn loving person doesn't have DirecTV is beyond me. Haven't missed a game in years.

And now for the horrid thought - if we lose the first game, all the rest are on AXS.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
re: AXS, 340 on DirecTV - so the basic package and you don't need the sports package, but if you're a sports fan, why wouldn't you have the sports package anyway?

Sat TV is for rednecks and people who like getting any sports feed available. How any UConn loving person doesn't have DirecTV is beyond me. Haven't missed a game in years.

And now for the horrid thought - if we lose the first game, all the rest are on AXS.
I get all of that, but I think its mainly because satellite is a dated technology with internet and connectivity issues.

Reaction Score
the only thing i like about frontier cable right now is that i happen to have this AXS channel... 1106 for all the rest of you that have to deal with frontier as well

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Boeheim will be coaching - the suspensions are for the first 9 conference games.
Good. Would be annoying hearing "we didn't have Boeheim" excuses. I hope DHam takes a dump on Malachi Richardson.

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly the same thing happened in 2011 when we played UNC Asheville. Cable companies that didn't have the station just picked up the one UConn game.

Reaction Score
Since ESPN is the primary carrier, I wonder if the AXS games will be provided online on WatchESPN? Probably not live, but maybe replay?

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly the same thing happened in 2011 when we played UNC Asheville. Cable companies that didn't have the station just picked up the one UConn game.
Yeah, it was the same station as AXS TV back then, just under a different name - HD Net. Would be surprised if the same thing didn't happen for this tournament.

Reaction Score
Satellite TV is for rednecks.
LOL Funny you should say that I was making sure I had this cannel last night and Larry the Cable guy only in America was on... So I had to watch it!

Reaction Score
go to link and put in zip code. If you don't get the AXS channel, put in a request to your cable company to add it. Couldn't hurt.

http://www.axs.tv/subscribe/
Great News! AXS TV is available in your area on Verizon FiOS Channel #569(HD) . Yea!

Edit: Crap only on the Premium Plans...Back to the Find a Bar Plan! LOL

Reaction Score
Matt Norlander of CBSSports.com rates the best of the November tournaments. Battle 4 Atlantis was the one of 3 to get a grade of A.

Ranking the best of college hoops' 2015 November tournaments

Battle 4 Atlantis

Held at Imperial Arena in Paradise Island, Bahamas, from Nov. 25-27. The top half of the bracket has Gonzaga vs. Washington and Texas A&M vs. Texas . The bottom will house Michigan playing UConn and Syracuse against Charlotte.

Last year's champion: Wisconsin

Grade: A. This year marks the fifth iteration of the beloved Bahamas bracket. It's arguably already, in just five seasons, become the most cherished of any early season tournament. Maui is its only true rival, and in a way it's cool how the two biggest November events happen on opposite oceans. As for the field, Gonzaga, A&M, Michigan and UConn can reasonably be expected to achieve second-weekend success in the NCAAs. Texas, too, perhaps. Syracuse is always relevant, and Washington is in a critical year. Charlotte has a new coach with a big name: Mark Price.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
My cable company (Optimum) unfortunately doesn't have it. Hopefully will be able to watch/stream on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom