Battle 4 Atlantis - UConn vs. Michigan (11/25 @ 9:30PM) | The Boneyard

Battle 4 Atlantis - UConn vs. Michigan (11/25 @ 9:30PM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Posted this in an older thread but...The bracket should be released sometime next week based on last year's release (August 5th) which would be this upcoming Wednesday if following the same timeframe. It was released on the 2nd in 2012. So possibly less than a week away from knowing the match ups.

Reaction Score
It's a tough field to seed (and based on past brackets, they definitely do try to seed the field). My best guess is that Gonzaga gets the 1 seed, followed by Michigan, UConn, and Texas A&M in no particular order. In which case, Gonzaga would get Charlotte and I'm also assuming they won't have a UConn/Texas first round matchup given that we already play each other this year. So my uneducated guess is that it's either UConn/Washington (boring) or UConn/Syracuse (not boring).

Reaction Score
We will end up playing Washington. We always do it seems like. When I first saw the teams in the field I just knew we would end up playing Washington....

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I don't think we'd get the fruit in the 1st round and Texas will more than likely be on the opposite side since we play them. Also feel Gonzaga will be on the opposite side setting up a potential UConn v Zags final. Guessing maybe 'cuse in the semis possible same on the other side for A&M and Texas, leaving us with Washington and Charlotte on our side of the bracket and Michigan on the other. Lots of possibilities though with 3 rivalry games potentially, lots of intrigue. I just really want the cuse and zags games.

Reaction Score
UConn and Washington need to be on the same side of the bracket because both play Texas in the regular season, and therefore need to be opposite the Longhorns. Figure whoever runs the tournament will want a UConn-Syracuse matchup and a Texas-Texas A&M matchup. Given all that, I'd imagine one half is: Syracuse-Washington and UConn-Charlotte; the other half is Texas-Gonzaga and Texas A&M-Michigan.

Reaction Score
9cc6879795e601749c3739dd9f5128f4.jpg

Reaction Score
UConn and Washington need to be on the same side of the bracket because both play Texas in the regular season, and therefore need to be opposite the Longhorns. Figure whoever runs the tournament will want a UConn-Syracuse matchup and a Texas-Texas A&M matchup. Given all that, I'd imagine one half is: Syracuse-Washington and UConn-Charlotte; the other half is Texas-Gonzaga and Texas A&M-Michigan.
That would certainly be ideal for us so I hope you're right.

Reaction Score
That would certainly be ideal for us so I hope you're right.

Not really. It'd be nice and helpful to play 3 tournament teams, and Charlotte probably won't be one. They're only in the field because CUSA is sponsoring it. FWIW, SB Nation's prediction has UConn opening up against Charlotte.

Reaction Score
i would like to play the devil, Michigan, and Gonzaga. The Michigan matchup is personal for me because one of my best friends is a huge Michigan fan but really I just want to play and destroy the devil

Reaction Score
i would like to play the devil, Michigan, and Gonzaga. The Michigan matchup is personal for me because one of my best friends is a huge Michigan fan but really I just want to play and destroy the devil

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/ot-espn-streak-for-the-cash.16101/

This could be the legend himself UConn Ryan who had a W24 on ESPN Streak for the Cash and just missed winning the contest by 1 pick (or close to that).

http://streak.espn.go.com/en/entryStats?entryID=5925

I think we match up well with Michigan and our depth will be the difference in the last 5 -7 minutes.

Reaction Score
http://the-boneyard.com/threads/ot-espn-streak-for-the-cash.16101/

This could be the legend himself UConn Ryan who had a W24 on ESPN Streak for the Cash and just missed winning the contest by 1 pick (or close to that).

http://streak.espn.go.com/en/entryStats?entryID=5925

I think we match up well with Michigan and our depth will be the difference in the last 5 -7 minutes.
Haha I wish I could claim that title but that's not me....I'm was just the only UConn fan around growing up in Indiana and now living in Cleveland I'm the only Husky in a sea of Buckeyes.

Reaction Score
Haha I wish I could claim that title but that's not me....I'm was just the only UConn fan around growing up in Indiana and now living in Cleveland I'm the only Husky in a sea of Buckeyes.
Your not the only one from Ohio. I love basketball and have always been a shorter player. So naturally I fell in love with the UCONN program because of how lead guard oriented it is. You could call me a bandwagoner I guess because I Started really following the Huskies during Kemba's junior year. But I think of myself as more than that because I kept being a fan through the ban, uncertainty, Conference realignment,etc. And it all payed off in the end

Reaction Score
Not really. It'd be nice and helpful to play 3 tournament teams, and Charlotte probably won't be one. They're only in the field because CUSA is sponsoring it. FWIW, SB Nation's prediction has UConn opening up against Charlotte.

I disagree. Obviously, it would be better to play three good teams than two, but there is a certain risk aversion - namely, the possibility of losing in the first round and drawing two stiffs in the latter two rounds - that make it preferable that we draw a team we should beat in the first round, because it would likely secure us two games against great teams (Gonzaga, Cuse, Michigan, Texas A&M and Texas should all be very good - we want to play at least two of the five).

Reaction Score
I disagree. Obviously, it would be better to play three good teams than two, but there is a certain risk aversion - namely, the possibility of losing in the first round and drawing two stiffs in the latter two rounds - that make it preferable that we draw a team we should beat in the first round, because it would likely secure us two games against great teams (Gonzaga, Cuse, Michigan, Texas A&M and Texas should all be very good - we want to play at least two of the five).

The problem with that is that UConn will very likely be in the same half of the bracket as two of the teams that you don't think will be great(Washington and Charlotte). So there's a decent chance UConn ends up playing two games against Washington and Charlotte. I'd rather start with a team like Syracuse in that case and at least get two guaranteed games in against teams that will compete for a bid in March. If you start with Charlotte there's a solid chance you will get Washington in the next round, win or lose.

Reaction Score
Surprised we still haven't heard anything on this. Nothing from the beat guys either.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Has it been 20 minutes yet?

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Dammit Rothstein, you got me stuck checking my phone every 5 mins thanks.

Reaction Score
My bet:
UCONN - CUSE - WASH - ZAGs on one side
TEX - MICH - A&M - CHAR on the other

Huskies play Cuse game 1

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Kind of random but: It would be very interesting to watch Shonn Miller defend Kyle Wiltjer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom