Basketball Practice Facility Update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Basketball Practice Facility Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
kelde1wd said:
Are they going to move all the basketball memorabilia from the current museum to the new practice facility?
I was told on my last museum visit yes. They have lots of non basketball stuff in storage & want to showcase more items. Hoops stuff goes to the Champions Center.

Reaction Score
I was told on my last museum visit yes. They have lots of non basketball stuff in storage & want to showcase more items. Hoops stuff goes to the Champions Center.

I hope they stick with "Champions Center" it kind of puts it all in perspective for those who visit (primarily recruits on visits)

Reaction Score
I'm assuming this area will be available to the public 2 hours prior to any game like the museum. Or/and have similar hours when its open?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
any word on a jim clahoun statue or anything around gampel/champions center to honor the god(man)?

Reaction Score
any word on a jim clahoun statue or anything around gampel/champions center to honor the god(man)?
I think this is going in the Champions Center- it was revealed during his tribute dinner last year:

960x637

Reaction Score
@NeillOstrout: UConn AD Warde Manuel says new basketball facility will be available for players to use when fall semester begins.

@NeillOstrout: Manuel says coaches offices and other aspects will be finished later.

@NeillOstrout: "It's going to be the best facility in the country, bar none." - Manuel

Reaction Score
Should be angrier.
hahaha I kind of agree. I think the most lasting image of JC in my head is him pointing and screaming something, and you can see his piece of gum in his mouth

But of course if that's not how the man wants to be remembered, that's his prerogative

Reaction Score
May be in Storrs this weekend for first time since ... . What canI see? Is the new facility open?? Any practice games scheduled?? etc??

Reaction Score
May be in Storrs this weekend for first time since ... . What canI see? Is the new facility open?? Any practice games scheduled?? etc??

I was outside there Saturday outsdie the new practice facility. There's a sign on the door that said "closed to public" if that helps at all

Reaction Score
Sounds like it'll be an empty visit w/o a look at the new facility. Is there a campus map available at the Student Center or Bookstore? Maybe the dairy bar? beer hall?

Reaction Score
Sounds like it'll be an empty visit w/o a look at the new facility. Is there a campus map available at the Student Center or Bookstore? Maybe the dairy bar? beer hall?
Yes you can find campus maps in the Student Union and the Visitors Center (which is right next the best bar on campus Ted's) as well as on giant signs all around campus. There is also an iPhone app with an interactive map. Be sure to check out the new Storrs Center, its beautiful.

Reaction Score
I think I noticed that in the locker room they have throwback authentic nba jerseys of uconn players on display . Some guy named Marc Allen brown was posting pics , one of rips buddies might be an agent .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom