Basketball Practice Facility Update | The Boneyard

Basketball Practice Facility Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks, good stuff. I don't have the patience or attention span to read the whole report but I know its all good. Since you read it for me, I liked the post.

U

UCONNfan1

Great stuff. When was the last time a huge project like that came in at, or close to, budget? Looks fantastic! hope the players love it!

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Looks great and this is from last month. Must be nearly complete. First time anything state funded in ct came in under budget? I kid...

Reaction Score
Great stuff. When was the last time a huge project like that came in at, or close to, budget? Looks fantastic! hope the players love it!
In CT? Maybe never.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Estimated Cost to Complete: $33,309,511.00

Not bad. I can't wait to get a look at it.

Reaction Score
First time anything state funded in ct came in under budget?.

It's actually over budget by approx. 1/4 mil with unexecuted proposed change orders still pending. But hey close enough for gov'ment work!

Edit: correction 617,000 added in change orders to a 33 mil original budget so a little over 1/2 mil over budget

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That $200 mil + outpatient wing at the Health Center looks ballin as hell
All my Docs are at UConn, either Dowling South or the Health Center. In fact I have an appointment at 9 AM today. The construction is amazing, a mess but amazing. The outpatient wing looks great as well as the Jackson Labs buildings. All of this will help when the Big expands.

Reaction Score
I cant wait to see what the finished product looks like.

Here's Syracuse' in case any one is curious. I hope we put up the championship banners and final 4s and Big east championships up in our practice floor. I'm sure our main entrance is going to blow theres away

http://cuse.com/facilities/melo-center.aspx

Reaction Score
I cannot believe their facility is named after Carmelo Anthony. I'm assuming he donated a lot of money to have it made, but still, having your facility named after a guy who spent 1 season in your uniform is just so Cuse it hurts.

So proud of our storied heritage and history

Reaction Score
I cannot believe their facility is named after Carmelo Anthony. I'm assuming he donated a lot of money to have it made, but still, having your facility named after a guy who spent 1 season in your uniform is just so Cuse it hurts.

So proud of our storied heritage and history
Anthony donated $3 million to Syracuse for the facility.

http://www.nba.com/nuggets/news/anthony_syracuse_donation_110706.html

Surprised we still haven't heard much about former UConn players donating towards the facility. I have to imagine that's coming at some point.

U

UCONNfan1

Any idea on naming this place? Did the build the entire thing without a single contribution from a former UCONN player? I'm pretty bummed if that's the case - i mean great that we got it done, but bummed no UCONN players stepped up. I hate Anthony but didn't he give like $3 or $4 million to them?

Reaction Score
t
Any idea on naming this place? Did the build the entire thing without a single contribution from a former UCONN player? I'm pretty bummed if that's the case - i mean great that we got it done, but bummed no UCONN players stepped up. I hate Anthony but didn't he give like $3 or $4 million to them?
I know they recede $4.5 million from a couple who live in Woodbridge and my boy Nayden donated $3 million.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...5-million-pledge-basketball-practice-facility

http://today.uconn.edu/blog/2013/12/naydens-donate-3-million-to-basketball-facility-scholarships/

Reaction Score
The furniture and fixtures are not included in the $33MM budget. Another $5MM needed.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
What are the major costs that make it 5mm? Just curious

They've got to make this room worthy of it's future occupant...

10180206.jpeg

Reaction Score
What are the major costs that make it 5mm? Just curious
Interactive Hall of Fame is probably the biggest remaining item needed to complete the complex. . Bids ranged from 2.4-3.9 millions.

Reaction Score
Last week, walked in the front doorway, not much to see, and no way to enter further yet made the effort for the Boneyard brethren. Then, watched players practicing in Gampel for an entire 5 minutes before they left the court.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Surprised we still haven't heard much about former UConn players donating towards the facility. I have to imagine that's coming at some point.

Yeah, right.

Reaction Score

Its gotta be Calhoun named right? Or am I off and he has something basketball/sports related named after him already?

U

UCONNfan1

Its gotta be Calhoun named right? Or am I off and he has something basketball/sports related named after him already?
I would guess (and it's a wild assed guess) that the men's practice court will be named Calhoun Court and the women's practice court Auriemma court. But the facility itself would be named after a big donor. Didn't the Burton's have to donate something like $3-4 million to get the football facility to be named the "Burton Complex"?

Side note on Burton - pompous ass or not, he was right - Pasqualoni sucked, and was not the right man for the job.

Reaction Score
Are they going to move all the basketball memorabilia from the current museum to the new practice facility?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom