Ayanna Patterson to Uconn | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Ayanna Patterson to Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
AP is what I call a "Power 3".
She has supreme run and jump athleticism, good mid range game, and a developing 3 point shot. As a result, she's best suited for the Wing 3 position. However, her size and frame enable her to play the 4 when needed, thus the "Power 3" moniker.
With AP at the 3, Edward's at the 4 and Brady at the 5 that's an amazing front court.
When you factor in Caroline Ducharme, Poffenbarger and Amari, mad scientist Geno will have an amazing number of combinations and chess moves at his disposal.

Awesome Opportunities and Times Ahead!!!

I'm puttin' the Women's Basketball World ON NOTICE!!!!!!!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
No, she is scheduled to convert to combo guard and share time in a 5 player rotation with Paige, Azzi, Caroline Ducharme, Saylor - at least that's what I think I heard. Nika's converting to the shrink four/three position in Geno's revolutionary new concept. And ... Mir ends up playing a bit of the rover spot shifting all over the court ... and Piath ends up at the PG (Power Guard) spot out top. Someone spilled some beer on the diagrams and I am not sure I am reading this right.

Reaction Score
So. according to the Courant article, DeBerry was heavily recruiting Patterson and Fudd.
We know that Paige was putting a full-court press on Fudd and probably DeBerry.

If the IRS finds out about this, Geno, CD and the other coaches might not be allowed to deduct recruiting expenses.

Reaction Score

Ayanna Patterson dunks, has a great smile & braces, many say she's 6'3", & will be flying down the court with Paige next year. Dawn Staley will hate her when she gets dunked on. Bad for, you know.....

She seems like Aaliyah to me, fierce on the court, all smiles off the court. In one video, saw her get 2 offensive rebounds, blocked by 2 players, & put it in the hoop on the 3rd try, & the same on a drive to the basket, with 3 opponents around her. Wasn't averse to contact, & did not seem foul prone. Very quick on the court. Long, snappy passes. I think UConn scored brilliantly on Ayanna.

Reaction Score
I just watched some of her highlite videos. She looks bigger than 6'2". Is that right? Looks like she is physical enough to play the 4.
Many references to her height being 6'3"- Maybe by next year, she'll be 6'4"! She looks very long.

Reaction Score
She seems like Aaliyah to me, fierce on the court, all smiles off the court. In one video, saw her get 2 offensive rebounds, blocked by 2 players, & put it in the hoop on the 3rd try, & the same on a drive to the basket, with 3 opponents around her. Wasn't averse to contact, & did not seem foul prone. Very quick on the court. Long, snappy passes. I think UConn scored brilliantly on Ayanna.
ASGR lists Ayanna at 6'3" now.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
The only thing that brings me more joy is UCONN beating them to a pulp!

Signed,
Someone who lives 2 miles from the ND campus
Unfortunately for you, I don’t see Coach Ivey being particularly anxious to schedule UConn again for the Huskies bi-annual trip to South Bend.

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I had another thought on Ayanna’s recruitment. Geno has a particular recruiting advantage over most other coaches that is even more pronounced when you can’t bring kids on campus for the typical “dog & pony” shows that many colleges stage for recruits.

Geno has always been extremely good at engaging in conversation with teenage kids on their level with intelligence, humor and motivation, something that is not easy for a lot of coaches, and many parents as well. In addition, Geno has always been comfortable talking to and reassuring parents that their “little girl” will be safe and able to prosper at UConn.

Without on campus visits, all that is left is a school’s reputation and the ability of the coaches to connect with a recruit and her family. Advantage = UConn!!!

Reaction Score
I had another thought on Ayanna’s recruitment. Geno has a particular recruiting advantage over most other coaches that is even more pronounced when you can’t bring kids on campus for the typical “dog & pony” shows that many colleges stage for recruits.

Geno has always been extremely good at engaging in conversation with teenage kids on their level with intelligence, humor and motivation, something that is not easy for a lot of coaches, and many parents as well. In addition, Geno has always been comfortable talking to and reassuring parents that their “little girl” will be safe and able to prosper at UConn.

Without on campus visits, all that is left is a school’s reputation and the ability of the coaches to connect with a recruit and her family. Advantage = UConn!!!

Some schools cannot show off them nice drones flying around arenas and showering potential recruits with leaflets and baby pictures on t-shirts. ;)

Reaction Score
Many references to her height being 6'3"- Maybe by next year, she'll be 6'4"! She looks very long.
Equally important is her strength and what appears to be a Edwards like ability to use physical contact to her advantage. With another year+ to add muscle before entering UConn, she has the ability to be very special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom