Ayanna Patterson to Uconn | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Ayanna Patterson to Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Now if Stanford does not pick up the #2 recruit, Janiah Barker, I'm ready to project UConn will have the #1 class for 2022. :rolleyes:
Naw, some other college will recruit 5 players ranked between 25-100 and will take the 'Top recruiting class prize' and put it in the display case and hang a banner in their Gym.

Uconn will be fine with that.

Reaction Score
Does Uconn have a single 'slow player' on the roster or coming in the next two years? I mean, the squad is pretty much all greyhounds masquarading as sled dogs!

What's wrong with always trying to be faster while improving your skill? And if you put her at the 4-- we'll probably have among the top 3 skilled teams (more than likely number 1). You surround her with 4 shooters and the way she handles the ball - the skill level is off-the-charts. Add that the speed.

Excited we got AP. Her handle as a PF will be at theee very elite level. The passing the team will ultimately do-- will be off-the-charts.

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
ND is in trouble. Losing Clark last year to Iowa and Ayanna this year to UConn continues a string of high profile recruiting misses. MM knew it was time to get out. So far, Ivey hasn’t been able to energize the program like many thought she could. WBB at ND is in danger of following the same pattern of MBB at ND.
The only thing that brings me more joy is UCONN beating them to a pulp!

Signed,
Someone who lives 2 miles from the ND campus

Reaction Score
KiKi Rice out of Sidwell Friends in DC lists UConn on the schools she is considering and follows Saylor on Twitter. At 5’11”, Rice is Hoopgurlz 6th overall and #1 pg in 2022 class.
Also saw awhile back one of the recruits (Amari or ICE can’t remember which) post a video after azzi’s announcement tagging Patterson and Rice in a video of them/azzi/Paige dancing saying now we need the rest of them to join. Well we got one, let’s get another.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
With a front court of AE, Ice and Ayanna, there will be very few rebounds available for the opposing team and if you add Azzi and Paige or Nika and Caroline Ducharme or Saylor and Paige, etc...5 headed monster on the court at all times...
A staggering 73 posts before someone speculated on a 2023-24 starting lineup? You guys are slipping. :eek:

Yeah, yeah, I hear you; it's difficult not to be excited about the talented players entering the UConn program. Bravo to Geno and the staff for an excellent coaching job. Yes, recruiting is part of coaching.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
A staggering 73 posts before someone speculated on a 2023-24 starting lineup? You guys are slipping. :eek:

Yeah, yeah, I hear you; it's difficult not to be excited about the talented players entering the UConn program. Bravo to Geno and the staff for an excellent coaching job. Yes, recruiting is part of coaching.
Someone in starting a thread right now, and I hear it is a magnum opus of a first post. Anyway we are all waiting for that thread so we can jump in to that serious discussion. Dtbtbtb just jumped the gun a bit, got flagged, and will be required to make a ten minute pit stop before he can post again.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Updated Courant article on AP with tons of interesting stuff. This is just a sample.

“It’s really hard to find a better athlete, in the class, in the country, really in any class,” said Premier Basketball’s Shane Laflin.

“She’s one of those players that plays with a motor and still has an upside,” Laflin said. “She still can add things to her game but she kind of has an all-around game. She’s a terror on the glass. She can handle it out in front. She shoots the three, although it’s improving.

“There’s just nothing really that she’s not going to be able to do, and I think the argument could be made she has potentially the biggest pro projection in this class — and it’s a good class.”

Patterson’s connection with Williams-Jeter didn’t have much bearing on her decision to go to UConn. It didn’t hurt, though, that Patterson became close with UConn 2021 signees Azzi Fudd and Amari DeBerry through USA Basketball and Blue Star 30 events. Jeter joked that DeBerry could earn an assistant coach position with the way she recruited Patterson and Fudd.

“I think of them like family,” Patterson said of Fudd and DeBerry.

For the time being, things certainly look bright in Storrs: Patterson will be the fifth top five recruit on UConn’s roster by the time she arrives in Storrs in the fall of 2022, alongside Paige Bueckers (’20), Azzi Fudd and Caroline Ducharme (’21) and Isuneh Brady (’22). Brady and Patterson briefly spoke Saturday but are looking forward to getting to know each other better.

Reaction Score
At the Middlesex County Chamber of Commerce breakfast last week, he said maybe 1-2 more for 2022.
maybe the second is muhl the younger? Isnt she class of 22? I would think her parents would appreciate having both of their daughters at the same school, seeing that they will both me over 4000 miles away from home (assuming she plays in the US). She also could be a carbon copy of NM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom