awe inspiring press

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra.

Nadav, his sails unfurled.

So I copy/pasted this in to Google and it apparently references Star Trek: Next Generation.

But I'm really hoping this was a response to one of the three or four people I have on ignore.

Reaction Score
Ohhh snap, we have an actual theme going now!

I remember a 3 guard press with AJ Dyson and Craig that f-ed a lot of up

Reaction Score
I read the first four posts of this thread and I didn't fully understand any of them, and I'm wondering whether the thing that is infecting the Chapiavaug fellow is communicable, or whether he's beginning to forcibly assimilate other posters.

Reaction Score
I read the first four posts of this thread and I didn't fully understand any of them, and I'm wondering whether the thing that is infecting the Chapiavaug fellow is communicable, or whether he's beginning to forcibly assimilate other posters.

I doubt chap's a big assimilating package poster………...:oops:

Reaction Score
Assimilation is forced enculturation so forced assimilation is redundant. At least chap has a greater command of the English language than someone in this thread. ;)

Reaction Score
Assimilation is forced enculturation
No. You were probably thinking about "cultural assimilation," which, although not "forced," occurs without requiring the consent of the assimilated.
The word "assimilate," standing alone, is not restricted to culture, which is a narrower use of the word, but rather, much more broadly, suggests the willing adoption of a thing, whether it be, as given in the second first definition provided infra, information, ideas, or culture.

1. to take in and incorporate as one's own; absorb (dictionary.com)
1. take in (information, ideas, or culture) and understand fully. (oxforddictionaries.com)

So, you see, you apparently use the word "assimilate" as a homo habilis would use a club, bluntly and broadly thrashing about, with only one understood application, that being to bash.

I, on the other hand, used the word "assimilate" in a refined manner, like a brush used by a painter, suggesting an image of chipivaug slowly, forcibly converting others to his madcap posting style, irrespective of culture.

Son. If you want to swim with the big fishes, you're going to want to take off the water wing floaties.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No. You were probably thinking about "cultural assimilation," which, although not "forced," occurs without requiring the consent of the assimilated.
The word "assimilate," standing alone, is not restricted to culture, which is a narrower use of the word, but rather, much more broadly, suggests the willing adoption of a thing, whether it be, as given in the second first definition provided infra, information, ideas, or culture.

1. take in (information, ideas, or culture) and understand fully. (oxforddictionaries.com)

So, you see, you apparently use the word "assimilate" as a homo habilis would use a club, bluntly and broadly thrashing about, with only one understood application, that being to bash.

I, on the other hand, used the word "assimilate" in a refined manner, like a brush used by a painter, suggesting an image of chipivaug slowly, forcibly converting others to his madcap posting style, irrespective of culture.

Son. If you want to swim with the big fishes, you're going to want to take off the water wing floaties.

light is shown

fanzination of teams players mascots cheerios court stormin

über fasnzination boned husky assimilators

food passionation assimilators

all equal

yarder threading burgs and pibazz shazam

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I'm thinking this was a very, very bad attempt at haiku.

Reaction Score
Who's the crimson king??? Who's bone digger??? So many questions! Until next time...

Reaction Score
I was sort of with him until the court of the crimson king reference at the end. Neither UConn nor Cal wear crimson and the game was played at HCC, which was only home to the green-clad Whalers at the time, who play on ice anyway.

Harvard is known as the Crimson, but they were in the middle of a 60-year drought of not making the NCAA Tournament. Alabama is known as the Crimson Tide, which is mentioned in the Steely Dan song Deacon Blues, but Wake Forest wasn't in that regional either. Scott Burrell did play in that game and later hurdled Rodney Rogers to steal a ball to perhaps give Rogers some Deacon Blues, but we are reaching here. Jim Calhoun did once coach at Northeastern, which does have red in its color palette, but more as an outline color - their primary color is black.

Crimson is often used to describe blood. The OP seems to be trying to channel his inner Jim Morrison, and he once sang about blood on the streets of New Haven in the song Peace Frog. New Haven is 45 minutes away and Burrell and Smith both lived nearby - but he mentioned Henefeld, who was from Israel, which is famous for being nowhere near New Haven. They even mention that in their tourism brochures. Crimson could be a reference to a menstrual cycle, but crimson queen or crimson princess would make more sense than crimson king, and this was a men's tournament.

Maybe it'll come to me later after my afternoon pot.

Reaction Score
Revrat said:
OK COurt of the Crimson King is probably the most famous song by King Crimson

Pulled it up on YouTube and I've never heard it - and I know a fair amount of 60s classics. Just a random hole in my music knowledge.

I looked for "the onslaught's on" in the song's lyrics, but nope. That would at least have given some pattern to the stream of consciousness.

Reaction Score

Someone better call the cops I just got murdered.

Reaction Score
OK

COurt of the Crimson King is probably the most famous song by King Crimson
I'd probably say 21st Century Schizoid Man
Anyway trying to figure out if Chapwilvaug is a modern Shakespeare or Oswald Bates' BYard alias

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
imno1 said:
I'd probably say 21st Century Schizoid Man Anyway trying to figure out if Chapwilvaug is a modern Shakespeare or Oswald Bates' BYard alias

I prefer Larks tongues in Aspic

Reaction Score
Could someone interpret chap's post for me?
The first part is a reference to the incredible D of Nadav and Scott Burrell who completely destroyed Cals offense in 9o,and turned those steals into points.
If you never saw them you couldn't imagine the destructive force of that team.
They had 28 turnovers and 16 steals and crushed a big rep west coast team.
It was at the HCC and the crowd was insane.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer