August recruiting thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

August recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So, I started this spreadsheet tonight. It’s incomplete but I wanted to get input before spending a ton of time on this. I know there are names missing - help me out.

• I do see the typo on Gandy’s last name. I will fix with the next update.
  • Also, I didn’t realize Morgan Cheli and McKenna Woliczko are high school teammates
  • Need to add Justice Carlton. UConn is in her top 5

View attachment 90439
You may want to consider adding 2025 6'3" forward Brynn McGaughy who's ranked #15 by ESPN and has said that UConn is her "dream school"........... She has the kind of skill set and mentality that Geno looks for.....

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You may want to consider adding 2025 6'3" forward Brynn McGaughy who's ranked #15 by ESPN and has said that UConn is her "dream school"........... She has the kind of skill set and mentality that Geno looks for.....
Is UConn recruiting her?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Post #29.
Also, I posted this in the July recruiting thread:

In a story about her offer from Iowa, 2025 Brynn McGaughy mentions UConn:

Q: Have you been hearing from any other schools that have not yet offered you a scholarship? Any visits planned for the fall?

McGaughy:
I’ve been hearing from UConn and South Carolina who have not yet offered me. I have a few visits on the calendar, but more to plan.

I'm guessing here but I wonder if Geno planned to watch her play in July at the Omaha event but her ankle injury prevented that from happening.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
EE2865A0-85A3-4BDA-AC7D-01294DBB5B12.jpeg

Reaction Score
Also, I posted this in the July recruiting thread:

In a story about her offer from Iowa, 2025 Brynn McGaughy mentions UConn:

Q: Have you been hearing from any other schools that have not yet offered you a scholarship? Any visits planned for the fall?

McGaughy: I’ve been hearing from UConn and South Carolina who have not yet offered me. I have a few visits on the calendar, but more to plan.

I'm guessing here but I wonder if Geno planned to watch her play in July at the Omaha event but her ankle injury prevented that from happening.
I think that's a probable scenario too. And now he has to wait until she's healthy, playing, and he can get an evaluation/contact period. IMO she'd be worth the wait.

Reaction Score
Was checking out latest version of HuskyNan's most excellent recruiting table and noticed Addison Bjorn is not listed. Carry on!

Reaction Score

wbbblog.com/jaloni-cambridge/

Per Womens Basketball Blog Cambridge listed these finalists in June: Baylor, Fla, Ga, LSU, Louis, tOSU, SCar.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Now that Tonya has joined the UConn Staff, she's been given an update on which recruits UConn is actively recruiting or has identified as a player of interest. Here are Tonya's new IG follows:

Sarah Strong
Brynn McGaughy
Arianna Roberson 2024
Jordyn Palmer 2027
Lauren Hassell 2027
Ayla McDowell 2025
Chloe Johnson 2028
Addison Bjorn
Jenica Lewis
Ivana Wilson Manyacka 2027
Kaleena Smith
Aaliyah Chavez
Jacy Abii
Jerzy Robinson

No Silva from Portugal. Also, no Olivia Vukosa though that will change. Speaking of Olivia, she'll be playing for Croatia in the upcoming European U16 championship. The games will be played in Turkey and start in a few days I think.

A couple of additions to Morgan's follows:

Jayla Forbes 2027
Sydney "Bean" Douglas 2028 (already 6-5 and something else. Morgan had been following Sydney but recently followed Mom and Dad).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Now that Tonya has joined the UConn Staff, she's been given an update on which recruits UConn is actively recruiting or has identified as a player of interest. Here are Tonya's new IG follows:

Sarah Strong
Brynn McGaughy
Arianna Roberson 2024
Jordyn Palmer 2027
Lauren Hassell 2027
Ayla McDowell 2025
Chloe Johnson 2028
Addison Bjorn
Jenica Lewis
Kaleena Smith
Aaliyah Chavez
Jacy Abii
Jerzy Robinson

No Silva from Portugal. Also, no Olivia Vukosa though that will change. Speaking of Olivia, she'll be playing for Croatia in the upcoming European U16 championship. The games will be played in Turkey and start in a few days I think.
Very interesting list and thanks for the heads up on Vukosa/Croatia.

Reaction Score

Sarah Strong
Brynn McGaughy
Arianna Roberson 2024
Jordyn Palmer 2027
Lauren Hassell 2027
Ayla McDowell 2025
Chloe Johnson 2028
Addison Bjorn
Jenica Lewis
Kaleena Smith
Aaliyah Chavez
Jacy Abii
Jerzy Robinson

A couple of additions to Morgan's follows:

Jayla Forbes 2027
Sydney "Bean" Douglas 2028 (already 6-5 and something else. Morgan had been following Sydney but recently followed Mom and Dad).
Strong also followed tonya too, man I hope that means something

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Jayla Forbes (2027) is 6-7 as an 8th grader. It appears the SEC teams are all over her and there’s a picture of her in blinged up Tennessee gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom