Attendance at XL has been great this year | The Boneyard

Attendance at XL has been great this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Was at the game today and looked like there was at least 13k if not more. I was pretty surprised since we were playing a pretty poor team.

I was also at the Central game and attendance was really good for that game as well. I don't know the numbers but its looks like XL is killing it this year in terms of attendance... and there is still the Tulsa and Memphis game left.

Reaction Score
Yes, unfortunately most non-students never cheer. I know my brother and I always lunatics when at the games stating cheers going in our section and swearing on bad calls. LOL. Sorry, parents but we get emotional! Unfortunately I live in Atlanta so barely have a chance to go to games unless they play in the final four. I did go to the Columbia game in Bridgeport and there was a good crowd there. Fun game after we finally played defense in the last 10 minutes.

Reaction Score
Completely agree on the lack of an energetic atmosphere... but its still nice to see attendance so strong with ticket prices where they are and the AAC not being the Big East.

Getting people to go to games is not a problem, now UCONN has to figure out how to get people to let loose a little and cheer for UCONN. I think having similar lighting at MSG where they turn down the lights over the seats may help non-student fans to feel a little less self-concious about cheering passionately and boisterously...

Reaction Score
Completely agree on the lack of an energetic atmosphere... but its still nice to see attendance so strong with ticket prices where they are and the AAC not being the Big East.

Getting people to go to games is not a problem, now UCONN has to figure out how to get people to let loose a little and cheer for UCONN. I think having similar lighting at MSG where they turn down the lights over the seats may help non-student fans to feel a little less self-concious about cheering passionately and boisterously...
Gampel and XL have both always been the brightest places. I don't get it

Reaction Score
Gampel and XL have both always been the brightest places. I don't get it

There are a lot more students at Gampel then XL... students are always cheering and pretty loud. As I said in my post, I am referring to non-student fans.

Reaction Score
There are a lot more students at Gampel then XL... students are always cheering and pretty loud. As I said in my post, I am referring to non-student fans.
Wasn't saying I dont get your post. Don't get the excessive brightness

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
While this is true, the atmosphere is always so much worse bc the lack of a student section at XL.
So much worse? It was better today than the UCF game. That game was dead.

Reaction Score

Crowds are sleepy enough, you want to turn the lights down?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Was at the game today and looked like there was at least 13k if not more. I was pretty surprised since we were playing a pretty poor team.

I was also at the Central game and attendance was really good for that game as well. I don't know the numbers but its looks like XL is killing it this year in terms of attendance... and there is still the Tulsa and Memphis game left.

On TV, it sounded very quiet. May have been the network, but in your estimation, how was the sound level? Anyone who was there.................
Thanks

Reaction Score
It was pretty quiet. But we were playing a bad opponent, and not very well for much of the game. There was noise when it was called for. There was an awful lot of sloppy play against a bad team. Hard to get amped for that.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Was quiet. That is what happens when playing a terrible team.

The XL attendance this year is AMAZING.

Who else gets 13-14k on a Sunday at noon for a dog like South Florida? There might not be 5 other programs who can drum up that attendance in a 10-7 season for that opponent.

Reaction Score
Crowds are sleepy enough, you want to turn the lights down?

guys, its not the lights, or time of game...its the opponents. Nobody gifts a rats about the teams in this conference. Do you think if we were playing Syracuse or Nova, it would have been the same atmosphere. The die has been cast and we are screwed in this craptastics conference that nobody is going to get excited about.

Reaction Score

Who else gets 13-14k on a Sunday at noon for a dog like South Florida? There might not be 5 other programs who can drum up that attendance in a 10-7 season for that opponent.

Attendance has been great this year. If we ever get in to a better conference, we could easily sell the place out.

Reaction Score
Made the pilgrimage north for my one game today and I agree that the attendance was pretty good for a noon game on Sunday against USF and with the NCAA tournament looking doubtful. I can't say it was the loudest crowd but again, the competition sucked and it was another kind of ugly game. I'll say this though, when USF pulled within two once or twice, rather than getting down on the team the crowd really perked up and rooted them on. Mostly subdued but there when needed.

Reaction Score
The only thing pulling our season average down is the 8k or so vs Coppin St. ESPN denotes the Columbia game in BPort as neutral but that was technically a home game right?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
XL attendance has been awesome this year, even though Waquoit refuses to acknowledge the obvious fact that its a total s**thole. :D

Reaction Score
While this is true, the atmosphere is always so much worse bc the lack of a student section at XL.

The student section at today's game was half empty. Are you saying they should have a larger section at the XL???

Reaction Score
The student section at today's game was half empty. Are you saying they should have a larger section at the XL???
Behind the band was empty, yes, because if students sit there it isn't as easy to see the court with all the instruments in front of them. The student section to the right was completely full, and then the 3 surrounding sections directly behind this and in front of the bar were full with mainly students. Don't bash the students attendance. They come in full force and bring mainly all the noise.

Reaction Score

It has been. Maintaining it moving forward will be the challenge. There always seems to be an uptick in attendance in the years following a national championship, though I'm not sure if it's been to the same degree in the past. If we can somehow win another couple games in the tournament this year that would go a long way towards sustaining the momentum.

Reaction Score
Atmosphere usually stems from the quality of the opponent. The XL can ROCK with the best of them if we're playing a rival and or ranked team which we don't have in our current conference. Hartford desperately needs a new building however.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
guys, its not the lights, or time of game...its the opponents. Nobody gifts a rats about the teams in this conference. Do you think if we were playing Syracuse or Nova, it would have been the same atmosphere. The die has been cast and we are screwed in this craptastics conference that nobody is going to get excited about.
Correction, 14,100 people apparently care.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
XL attendance has been awesome this year, even though Waquoit refuses to acknowledge the obvious fact that its a total s**thole. :D

What's the difference between a s**thole and a total s**thole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom