Atmosphere today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Atmosphere today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great day for Football! Not happy so many students bailed and wound up missing us having a chance to win until halfway through the 4th Q. As for the regular fans the same diehards are there that I've seen for years. These fans care and Coach Diaco is spot on to recognize them. Missing 10,000 fans we make a lot of noise and the atmosphere was very good. Seeing the AD come through with a big positive response to the 3rd down complaints was a good sign. We are going in the right direction except for trying to make so many vehicles exit out the east gate. That is just a poorly thought out traffic pattern. My solution would be all grey lots out east gate, all blue lot out Pratt main entrance to Roberts Street and I-84. Trying to merge blue and grey is slowing things way down.

Looked over at the student section in fourth qtr when we were down by three. Couldn't believe about a third of them had left. They need to step up.

The new firm managing the rent leaves a lot to be desired in addition to needing to rethink the traffic patterns. No one assisting exiting fans crossing the roadway back to the first blue lot. Unfortunately Ct. Drivers don't like to stop for pedestrians in the crosswalk. Haven't been anyone directing traffic there for any games there this year. Several uf us did harass an employee just sitting there on his four wheeler but he did nothing. Oh well. At least we had 5 cops at the intersection.
While I'm at it. What ever happened to the ushers in the stadium? They are few and far between.
At least the team and the fans were much improved this week.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Looked over at the student section in fourth qtr when we were down by three. Couldn't believe about a third of them had left. They need to step up.

The new firm managing the rent leaves a lot to be desired in addition to needing to rethink the traffic patterns. No one assisting exiting fans crossing the roadway back to the first blue lot. Unfortunately Ct. Drivers don't like to stop for pedestrians in the crosswalk. Haven't been anyone directing traffic there for any games there this year. Several uf us did harass an employee just sitting there on his four wheeler but he did nothing. Oh well. At least we had 5 cops at the intersection.
While I'm at it. What ever happened to the ushers in the stadium? They are few and far between.
At least the team and the fans were much improved this week.

Be careful. Criticizing the student section for bailing early on games is frowned upon here. :)

I park in the first blue lot too and I've complained about no crossing guards. My friend's 5 year old almost got hit by a drunk speeding out of the stadium after the BYU game. We've had close calls at all 3 games including Stony Brook (where we were part of only 2K fans left in the stadium at the final seconds!).

Reaction Score
Crowd was really good today. Our section stood for a good deal of the game and made plenty of noise. You could feel the energy whenever UCONN made a good play. And definitely noticed the players feeding off the crowd noise with the waving of arms and pre-snap energy. There were even a few defensive 1st and 2nd downs that the crowd made noise and made me happy.

Students: no bueno. To the rows of students who stayed through to the last score by Boise: THANK YOU. The noise generated down there in the student section end was loud and very good. To the rows of students who bailed at halftime: support your school for cryin' out loud.
Was watching the Cincinnati Bearcats game this week and noticed their fans with white thunder sticks to generate noise. Yesterday it seemed like the crowd was standing and making noise at the right time on 3rd down defense. I guess the Air raid Siren said get up. What would it be like with thunder sticks?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The student section (primarily their willingness to remain in the stands for the game) has been a disappointment for a few years now but one thing we need to realize is that it is quite possible that all of these kids were still in HS when we last had a winning team.

Reaction Score
This guy just gets it. There are many aspects involved being the coach at UConn. One is getting the luke warm fan base to heat up. I really, really want to see this guy succeed. The team of course as well, but I just love the way Diaco is always selling the fans on this team. That's a nothing quote, but it resonates with me.
just wait... this is just the evaluation phase of the Bob Diaco Fan Development Plan. Coincidentally, the HCBDFDP kicks into the next phase with conference play.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Megan Morgan‏@13MeganM
@UConnHuskies CoachD w/big compliment to fans at Rentschler: We could really feel it, for all 4 quarters. Thank you.

Actual quote:
“I’d also like to say that I really had an opportunity to feel the stadium today.No matter how many people were there or not there, it looked pretty full but the people that were there, to me, you’re locked into the game but I felt an energy in the stadium.It was a full four-quarter locked-in energy that even the players were feeding off of.I am so appreciative of that and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that came today and stuck around and cheered hard.It doesn’t go unnoticed.We are incredibly appreciative of it.
Needless to say... our last two HC's would have NEVER siad something like that to us fans. Diaco GETS it!

Reaction Score
Really lively and the place kept rocking until the final INT. Happily stayed to cheer the team on during the singing of the alma mater. Only barren section was the upper corner of the visitor section. Obviously fewer people but the energy reminded me of the Michigan game. A win vs USF and a 2-2 record and a winning conference record should lead to a great crowd vs Temple.

Absolutely agree. I was screaming my lungs out in section 131. No voice past day and a half. Disappointed to see people leave down 3 with 5 minutes to go. But everyone seemed into it especially on 3rd down plays on defense. Love that! Need more of it. Defense played well. Turnovers killed us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom