Atmosphere today | The Boneyard

Atmosphere today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Really lively and the place kept rocking until the final INT. Happily stayed to cheer the team on during the singing of the alma mater. Only barren section was the upper corner of the visitor section. Obviously fewer people but the energy reminded me of the Michigan game. A win vs USF and a 2-2 record and a winning conference record should lead to a great crowd vs Temple.

Reaction Score
Megan Morgan‏@13MeganM
@UConnHuskies CoachD w/big compliment to fans at Rentschler: We could really feel it, for all 4 quarters. Thank you.

Actual quote:
“I’d also like to say that I really had an opportunity to feel the stadium today.No matter how many people were there or not there, it looked pretty full but the people that were there, to me, you’re locked into the game but I felt an energy in the stadium.It was a full four-quarter locked-in energy that even the players were feeding off of.I am so appreciative of that and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that came today and stuck around and cheered hard.It doesn’t go unnoticed.We are incredibly appreciative of it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great crowd. Students not as good as last week and left too early but you can tell we fans are just dying to root for this team and to help them out. This place will fill up again soon if they keep up with the effort we saw today

Reaction Score
Agreed - the atmosphere was very good. I thought we might actually pull it out in the 4th quarter.

And the siren/Welcome to the Jungle/dogs barking was much better on 3rd down than the dogs barking alone.
I think the siren was supposed to be a howl. But it did sound more like the air raid siren tests we used to hear when we were kids. But it was an improvement.

Reaction Score
i'll say this... was just at the game, if they can stay competitive in the game, people will stay. as soon as people feel the game is lost for good, they are out.. its definately different era from the RE times. but its definately a good time if you go...i think play calling needs to be adjusted. i think they have the personnel to be competitive, but its gonna take some really good play calling to keep these boys in the game.

Reaction Score
This was the first time I felt like we were going to comeback and win this game. The crowd in section 203 was really into it the whole game and you could feel the emotion rising up. A few ill timed turnovers eliminated the Huskies chance at a comeback but, they were in it almost to the end. Play like this, show this heart, and we will be back to sellout crowds soon. Go Huskies! Rise Up, Together!

Reaction Score
This was the first time I felt like we were going to comeback and win this game. The crowd in section 203 was really into it the whole game and you could feel the emotion rising up. A few ill timed turnovers eliminated the Huskies chance at a comeback but, they were in it almost to the end. Play like this, show this heart, and we will be back to sellout crowds soon. Go Huskies! Rise Up, Together!
The crowd was so up it felt like we were WINNING when we converted the 2pt conversion. Just hope we win and keep up the crowd energy when the weather goes cold.

Reaction Score
This is the first time in a long time that I am pissed they lost. Don't get me wrong, I hate when they lose but today I'm pissed. They played well enough to win. Feel like they turned a corner today and are moving in the right direction. Hope they can build off of it.

Reaction Score
Totally agree. 3rd down "music" was MUCH better. Props to them for listening.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
And the siren/Welcome to the Jungle/dogs barking was much better on 3rd down than the dogs barking alone.
Thank god they scrapped the rabid barking dog clip. It was so bad that they could have replaced it with a clip of Elmo saying "can you make some noise?" and I would have approved.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Crowd was really good today. Our section stood for a good deal of the game and made plenty of noise. You could feel the energy whenever UCONN made a good play. And definitely noticed the players feeding off the crowd noise with the waving of arms and pre-snap energy. There were even a few defensive 1st and 2nd downs that the crowd made noise and made me happy.

Students: no bueno. To the rows of students who stayed through to the last score by Boise: THANK YOU. The noise generated down there in the student section end was loud and very good. To the rows of students who bailed at halftime: support your school for cryin' out loud.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Totally agree. 3rd down "music" was MUCH better. Props to them for listening.

Especially liked that the intro was short allowing the crowd to pick it up and the music wasn't too loud so as to drown out the crowd thereby discouraging them from being loud in the first place. Selfishly, I think we want to here ourselves.

Reaction Score
Megan Morgan‏@13MeganM
@UConnHuskies CoachD w/big compliment to fans at Rentschler: We could really feel it, for all 4 quarters. Thank you.

Actual quote:
“I’d also like to say that I really had an opportunity to feel the stadium today.No matter how many people were there or not there, it looked pretty full but the people that were there, to me, you’re locked into the game but I felt an energy in the stadium.It was a full four-quarter locked-in energy that even the players were feeding off of.I am so appreciative of that and I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that came today and stuck around and cheered hard.It doesn’t go unnoticed.We are incredibly appreciative of it.
This guy just gets it. There are many aspects involved being the coach at UConn. One is getting the luke warm fan base to heat up. I really, really want to see this guy succeed. The team of course as well, but I just love the way Diaco is always selling the fans on this team. That's a nothing quote, but it resonates with me.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Crowd was really good today. Our section stood for a good deal of the game and made plenty of noise. You could feel the energy whenever UCONN made a good play. And definitely noticed the players feeding off the crowd noise with the waving of arms and pre-snap energy. There were even a few defensive 1st and 2nd downs that the crowd made noise and made me happy.

Students: no bueno. To the rows of students who stayed through to the last score by Boise: THANK YOU. The noise generated down there in the student section end was loud and very good. To the rows of students who bailed at halftime: support your school for cryin' out loud.
Section 139 was rocking today, my brother and his gf were up from MD today and were really impressed with the stadium atmosphere. Tons of positives from today's game.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This guy just gets it. There are many aspects involved being the coach at UConn. One is getting the luke warm fan base to heat up. I really, really want to see this guy succeed. The team of course as well, but I just love the way Diaco is always selling the fans on this team. That's a nothing quote, but it resonates with me.

Funny. I read the quote to my wife about 10 mins ago and said the exact same thing. That's how you build a fanbase. Instead of focusing on who's not there (I am guilty of this as much as anyone), he changes the focus to who is there. And the 30,098 that were there were as engaged and lively as any crowd that has ever been to a game at the Rent.

Reaction Score
Focusing on the positives and building on them. I like the way Diaco's handling the PR. Asking the fans to come and thanking them for their support. Glad the team gave the fans a spirited effort today, and glad the fans that showed reciprocated with providing a great atmosphere.

Was also glad to hear G&R back on 3rd down, and the air raid siren was a nice touch. Much improved.

Reaction Score
We had a great time in Section 130 today. Lot's of interaction with other UConn fans - it was like going to a game with extended family.

Can't wait for the Temple game.

Too, the Boise State fans were friendly and classy. But for a victory it was a good day. Once HCBD turns this thing around - wow!

Reaction Score
I think the siren was supposed to be a howl. But it did sound more like the air raid siren tests we used to hear when we were kids. But it was an improvement.
It was defintiely an air raid siren, by intent. I spoke to someon one the AD during the game. They tried something different the first 2 games, realized it didn't translate (or sound as good as) what they were hoping for, so went with this siren, G&R, husky dog mash up. HUGE improvement.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Crowd wasn't huge in numbers but stuck around pretty well. Fixing third down went a long way.

Even the glowing eyes will work if they save it for night game with that audio.

Reaction Score
Great day for Football! Not happy so many students bailed and wound up missing us having a chance to win until halfway through the 4th Q. As for the regular fans the same diehards are there that I've seen for years. These fans care and Coach Diaco is spot on to recognize them. Missing 10,000 fans we make a lot of noise and the atmosphere was very good. Seeing the AD come through with a big positive response to the 3rd down complaints was a good sign. We are going in the right direction except for trying to make so many vehicles exit out the east gate. That is just a poorly thought out traffic pattern. My solution would be all grey lots out east gate, all blue lot out Pratt main entrance to Roberts Street and I-84. Trying to merge blue and grey is slowing things way down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom