ARoid comin'... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ARoid comin'...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Outside of Arod himself, does anyone want Arod to return to baseball? If he is banned from baseball, I am guessing that the Yankees are off the hook too. Some insurance company will probably get stuck with this mess.

Reaction Score
Outside of Arod himself, does anyone want Arod to return to baseball? If he is banned from baseball, I am guessing that the Yankees are off the hook too. Some insurance company will probably get stuck with this mess.

I guess no one.......as i said I am not an ARod fan but think he is being railroaded for whatever reason......baseball is so proud of themselves for getting the big fish!! LOL......

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Heard on Quick Pitch this morning that the Rangers owe ARoid $40 million in deferred payments WITH INTEREST. This is guaranteed cash money. It will be paid starting in 2016. Wow. Silly money.

I hate the Yankees or the entire ARod affair going back to when they first opened the bank for him. Okay with the trade, tho. But the first signing was a shame (no one is worth a quater billion) and the way they handled the opt-out (bonuses for each milestone as the Yanks intend to ride the HR chasecoaster.)

I am feeling bad for the dude. He just wants to play da besbol!! :)

Reaction Score
This coming from a Sox fan??.....Oooookay!:rolleyes:
Hey, Cashman, Levine and the Steinbrenners gave him the dumb contract now they see a chance to get out of it . All I'm saying is that there are 2 sides to this. I expect the Yankees to suspend Arod if he appeals the MLB suspension. The Yankees need the cash to sign players as their stars head off to assisted living.
Before Arod joined the Yankees you could make an argument that he was the best player in baseball. It is that toxic Yankee organization that prevented him from hitting in the clutch.:)

Reaction Score
Hey, Cashman, Levine and the Steinbrenners gave him the dumb contract now they see a chance to get out of it . All I'm saying is that there are 2 sides to this. I expect the Yankees to suspend Arod if he appeals the MLB suspension. The Yankees need the cash to sign players as their stars head off to assisted living.
Before Arod joined the Yankees you could make an argument that he was the best player in baseball. It is that toxic Yankee organization that prevented him from hitting in the clutch.:)

He never had a good year with the Yanks??.........so actually not before he joined the Yankees but when they signed him he was the best player in baseball right?

And is he the only Yankee to fail miserably in the post season? Cano, Winfield, Texierra etc etc etc............

Reaction Score
Totally agree on where the teams are........any Yankee fan who would try to tell you otherwise would be an ignorant lier.........the point was the Danzz comment on they "deserve each other" as if the Sox have a special organization!! That's all.........
Nah I was just breaking your stones. If Arod wasn't the best player in baseball when the Yankees signed him, who was? He was probably the best player in baseball in the last 20 years (some could argue Griffey). He had great range and a cannon at SS and his power numbers speak for themselves. He did fine in NY except in the post season. The pressure of trying to live up to his contract got to him IMO.
Glad you finally realize that the Sox have a special organization.:)

Reaction Score
Nah I was just breaking your stones. If Arod wasn't the best player in baseball when the Yankees signed him, who was? He was probably the best player in baseball in the last 20 years (some could argue Griffey). He had great range and a cannon at SS and his power numbers speak for themselves. He did fine in NY except in the post season. The pressure of trying to live up to his contract got to him IMO.
Glad you finally realize that the Sox have a special organization.:)

Not sure I said that but if you sleep better thinking I did I'm all in for a couple more months!!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom