ARoid comin'... | The Boneyard

ARoid comin'...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
In AAA and tonight went 1 for 4 with a home run. He hit a home run in 2 games at Trenton. He either is activated Monday or DLed.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
2 for 4 on Friday night. Singles.

Reaction Score
Supposedly he doesn't look very good in the field - I was surprised that Michael Kay, during a game, described him as "robotic." And he hasn't slid yet on his repaired hip, something he said he wanted to do before returning. But the infield is in such shambles, the team will take him.

As always with ARod, there are swirling rumors and subplots. With the team's record of bringing back players early and having them re-injured this season, some speculation that the team wouldn't mind seeing ARod end up with a medical retirement.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
He has suddenly been afflicted with a grade 1 strain of his vulva. Out 7 to 10 days.

Reaction Score
I never thought of ARod as a Yankee or really liked the guy........but I would love him to come back and at least hit and cheat if he has to. I can't stand that we have no one who cheats that can even hit it over the Green Monster like Gomes and Napoli........maybe he can grow a beard and forget to button his top 2 buttons too as long as we can put someone in the lineup who can hit it over that wall!!:confused:

Reaction Score
You can't make this s*** up. ARod gets a doctor who had his wrist slapped by his state's medical board for steroid abuse go on Francesca's show to offer a second opinion, without ever seeing "Mr. Rodriguez."

Reaction Score
Arod is about as popular as the mayor of San Diego.

Reaction Score
Arod is about as popular as the mayor of San Diego.
True but I do think the Yankees are playing games with him. They don't want him back and they don't want to pay him and now they are talking about disciplining him in some way. The Yankees and Arod deserve each other.

Reaction Score
True but I do think the Yankees are playing games with him. They don't want him back and they don't want to pay him and now they are talking about disciplining him in some way. The Yankees and Arod deserve each other.

This coming from a Sox fan??.....Oooookay!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
This coming from a Sox fan??.....Oooookay!:rolleyes:
I agree with Danzz but I do not blame the Yankees for trying to find a way to dump Arod. He is the most over-payed player perhaps in any sport (actually the Yankees fault) and is detrimental to his team and the sport. If we were to ask the world if Arod should play another game of baseball, I think he would lose be a large margin.

Reaction Score
I agree with Danzz but I do not blame the Yankees for trying to find a way to dump Arod. He is the most over-payed player perhaps in any sport (actually the Yankees fault) and is detrimental to his team and the sport. If we were to ask the world if Arod should play another game of baseball, I think he would lose be a large margin.

He's right about ARod of course but they "deserve each other" is pretty funny coming from a Sox fan is all.......I mean please, you want to compare organizations?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
He's right about ARod of course but they "deserve each other" is pretty funny coming from a Sox fan is all.......I mean please, you want to compare organizations?:rolleyes:

The Sox have built around Pedroia, The Rays around Longoria. The Yanks meanwhile went Hollywood. Instead of thinking what could go wrong with giving Aroid the bank, they were envisioning how to make money marketing a 700th homer and a run at Ruth, Aaron and Bonds. They deserve what they got -a team in shambles.
For the Yanks next trick they will bid against themselves on another user in Cano a player on the wrong side of 30

Reaction Score

What's wrong with the 2013 Red Sox organization? Bobby V's red sox are a thing of the past. And the Sox minor league system is regarded as one of the best in baseball.

If I were a Yankees fan I'd much prefer to be in the Sox position for the next three years than NY's.

Rivera is already gone next year. I would imagine Kuroda would be back, but you never know with aging Japanese players. If Kuroda for some reason retires or decides to finish up out west in a place like LA because he doesn't see NY as a WS contender, the Yankees are screwed next year.

And that's without even getting into the whole Cano thing. I think he'll resign with NY eventually, but there could be some issues. Cashman probably looks at the Pedroia contract as great news, but Cano's agents are going to laugh at Cashman if he tries to base the Cano deal off a 14 mil per year contract. They know that the second Cano hits FA, the LA Dodgers, the NY Mets, hell even the Chicago Cubs will offer 200-225 mil without batting an eye. Cano want's to play in NY? Ok, the Mets have a ton of cash coming off the books, they already rumored to have heavy interest in Ellsbury and definitely Cano if he ever hits FA. The Mets would kill to be able to steal the Yankees best player from them.

Anyway my point is this year, the Sox organization top to bottom is in very good shape.

Reaction Score
What's wrong with the 2013 Red Sox organization? Bobby V's red sox are a thing of the past. And the Sox minor league system is regarded as one of the best in baseball.

If I were a Yankees fan I'd much prefer to be in the Sox position for the next three years than NY's.

Rivera is already gone next year. I would imagine Kuroda would be back, but you never know with aging Japanese players. If Kuroda for some reason retires or decides to finish up out west in a place like LA because he doesn't see NY as a WS contender, the Yankees are screwed next year.

And that's without even getting into the whole Cano thing. I think he'll resign with NY eventually, but there could be some issues. Cashman probably looks at the Pedroia contract as great news, but Cano's agents are going to laugh at Cashman if he tries to base the Cano deal off a 14 mil per year contract. They know that the second Cano hits FA, the LA Dodgers, the NY Mets, hell even the Chicago Cubs will offer 200-225 mil without batting an eye. Cano want's to play in NY? Ok, the Mets have a ton of cash coming off the books, they already rumored to have heavy interest in Ellsbury and definitely Cano if he ever hits FA. The Mets would kill to be able to steal the Yankees best player from them.

Anyway my point is this year, the Sox organization top to bottom is in very good shape.

Totally agree on where the teams are........any Yankee fan who would try to tell you otherwise would be an ignorant lier.........the point was the Danzz comment on they "deserve each other" as if the Sox have a special organization!! That's all.........

Reaction Score
Totally agree on where the teams are........any Yankee fan who would try to tell you otherwise would be an ignorant lier.........the point was the Danzz comment on they "deserve each other" as if the Sox have a special organization!! That's all.........
For sure the Sox have made a lot of mistakes. They paid way too much for some players. But right now, they they are pretty clean. Danzz did not compare the Yankees to the Red Sox. He only said that the Yankees and Arod deserve each other and I agree with him on that. When the Yankees resigned him (after saying publicly that they wouldn't) and gave him a monstrous contract with no competition, they set a new standard for incompetence. The Red Sox were just as stupid with players like Dicek, Eric Gagne and Bobby Jenks. It just didn't cost them as much.

Reaction Score
For sure the Sox have made a lot of mistakes. They paid way too much for some players. But right now, they they are pretty clean. Danzz did not compare the Yankees to the Red Sox. He only said that the Yankees and Arod deserve each other and I agree with him on that. When the Yankees resigned him (after saying publicly that they wouldn't) and gave him a monstrous contract with no competition, they set a new standard for incompetence. The Red Sox were just as stupid with players like Dicek, Eric Gagne and Bobby Jenks. It just didn't cost them as much.

They gave him a monstrous contract with the Sox ready to pounce......not for as much but would've been yet another huge mistake by the Sox which was saved only by the Yankees giving him this.....he did have a monster year prior though!

We forget about DiceK?;)

Reaction Score
The Sox have built around Pedroia, The Rays around Longoria. The Yanks meanwhile went Hollywood. Instead of thinking what could go wrong with giving Aroid the bank, they were envisioning how to make money marketing a 700th homer and a run at Ruth, Aaron and Bonds. They deserve what they got -a team in shambles.
For the Yanks next trick they will bid against themselves on another user in Cano a player on the wrong side of 30

Ah, not really. When ARod opted out, the team ownership was in disarray. Hank, such a loose cannon that reporters followed him around like a pack of wolves, did the ARod deal, and shortly thereafter was booted from management by his brother and sisters. The team's been trying to get out from under that deal ever since. It was Hank's deal and Hank's alone.

For better or worse, the Yankees default has always been to sign "names." While it's clearly not working on field this year, NY is still far and away the most valuable sports team in America and close to Man U and Real Madrid for world's most valuable. NY has also made the playoffs in 17 out of the last 18 years, pretty remarkable consistency.

Reaction Score
These threads are pretty funny......Sox and Rays fans stating the obvious about the Yanks, which most intelligent Yankee fans knew was coming. The one thing we know is we'll be back and even now as we speak despite losing 6 starters, are 3 games back in the wild card race. The Sox and their "unbelievable" system had a better chance of losing 100 games than winning 80 last year........Rays, well sinky let me know when you win anything that means anything okay?!?!?

Since '96 we as Yankee fans have been in the mix every year, pretty good run which neither of your teams will ever see. I'll be fine to give up 2-3 more years to see that again.........;)

Reaction Score
They gave him a monstrous contract with the Sox ready to pounce......not for as much but would've been yet another huge mistake by the Sox which was saved only by the Yankees giving him this.....he did have a monster year prior though!

Not quite.
The yankees made it clear that if Alex opted out his days with NY were done. Alex opted out during game 4 of the 2007 world series championship won by the Boston Red Sox, which further enraged NY and all of MLB.
A-Rod and Boras then went out and were shocked that teams like Boston and the Angels weren't willing to give him what he wanted, so he wentn crawling on his hands and knees without Boras to Goldman Sachs to broker some kind of deal with the Yankees. The Yankees taught him a lesson by "only" giving him 275 mil with another 30 mil in HR incentives.

The idea that the Sox were about to give him a massive deal anywhere close to the 275-300 given by NY is just not true.

The Red Sox had two chances to obtain him. The first time, they agreed to a deal but only if he would revise his contract. The union said no, the Sox stuck to their guns and he ultimately went to NY. The second time, he was a FA and the sox decided not to give him what he was asking for.

If the Sox really wanted him as much as the Yankees really wanted him, he would have been a member of the Red Sox in either 2004 or 2008.

Reaction Score
Not quite.
The yankees made it clear that if Alex opted out his days with NY were done. Alex opted out during game 4 of the 2007 world series championship won by the Boston Red Sox, which further enraged NY and all of MLB.
A-Rod and Boras then went out and were shocked that teams like Boston and the Angels weren't willing to give him what he wanted, so he wentn crawling on his hands and knees without Boras to Goldman Sachs to broker some kind of deal with the Yankees. The Yankees taught him a lesson by "only" giving him 275 mil with another 30 mil in HR incentives.

The idea that the Sox were about to give him a massive deal anywhere close to the 275-300 given by NY is just not true.

The Red Sox had two chances to obtain him. The first time, they agreed to a deal but only if he would revise his contract. The union said no, the Sox stuck to their guns and he ultimately went to NY. The second time, he was a FA and the sox decided not to give him what he was asking for.

If the Sox really wanted him as much as the Yankees really wanted him, he would have been a member of the Red Sox in either 2004 or 2008.

Forgot you worked there! lol.........:rolleyes:............no matter they were willing to make the same mistake only difference is one has more money to burn than the other. They make more, they won more!!! It's all relative and they were willing to sell themselves to the devil.........let's not pretend like we do with Papi now!

Reaction Score
Forgot you worked there! lol.........:rolleyes:............no matter they were willing to make the same mistake only difference is one has more money to burn than the other. They make more, they won more!!! It's all relative and they were willing to sell themselves to the devil.........let's not pretend like we do with Papi now!
They wanted him in 03 at a price...when they couldn't get him at their price they held their ground and the Yankees swooped in and got him to the delight of George and millions of yankees fans. They had another chance to get him in 2007 but passed...just as the Yankees swore they were gonna pass until he came back begging for a deal and they gave him the biggest one ever without any other serious suitors.
It's not rocket science and I'm not sure what papi has to do with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom