Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 61 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Well boys & girls, now that Megan has officially joined the family, we can come down off the chandelier now, and turn our attention back to the the most important game on the schedule, the next one. The Florida State Seminoles on Monday. We need a huge effort from everyone to begin the season the right way. I'm looking for a statement game from the Huskies. A game that indicates to other programs what they have to look forward to if at some point, they have to play UConn. This team is trying to find and forge its own identity. The search officially begins Monday night in Tallahassee. Go Huskies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
No shade from triaddukefan in this thread=no crow, but I am interested in your choice of entries for this evenings meal, as always:)...and don't forget dessert!

I'll leave shade for other threads :cool:

not sure if 3:30pm is a late lunch or early dinner.... but fried whiting, french fries, potato salad, a carolina style hot dog.... with a slice of sweet potato pie for dessert. No more food til the morning for me. :cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I will admit now im a wee bit curious on how crow tastes. :oops: it cant be worse than liver or broccoli, or collard greens

I can tell you, bitter and devoid of taste. It's like eating a cold dirty sweaty smelly damp athletic sock. You wouldn't like it. Nobody does. All the beer in the world (to wash it down with) doesn't help.
I'm talkin "gag city". :( I speak from experience. I've had the miss-pleasure of dining on that particular cuisine several times. Just the smell alone will give you a headache. :confused:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'll leave shade for other threads :cool:

not sure if 3:30pm is a late lunch or early dinner.... but fried whiting, french fries, potato salad, a carolina style hot dog.... with a slice of sweet potato pie for dessert. No more food til the morning for me. :cool:

You are surely the Poster Child for the American Heart Association triad.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I can tell you, bitter and devoid of taste. It's like eating a cold dirty sweaty smelly damp athletic sock. You wouldn't like it. Nobody does. All the beer in the world (to wash it down with) doesn't help.
I'm talkin "gag city". :( I speak from experience. I've had the miss-pleasure of dining on that particular cuisine several times. Just the smell alone will give you a headache. :confused:

Reminds me of the line from the Aborigine hunter in Crocodile Dundey sitting at the camp fire eating crow: "Needs more garlic."

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You are surely the Poster Child for the American Heart Association triad.

no no.jpg

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Apologies, long post coming. Couldn't resist.

Oh yeah?

So much wasted mental energy ;)

Turns out, us Irish fans are just very smart.

Is that so?

Good news! You were wrong.

Good luck with what now?
post your Final Prediction before "The Announcement"... Texas was my selection but things have cooled off lately. I'm picking UConn, your turn!
why didnt you pick my FINAL PREDICTION?

Reaction Score
Agreed.

You just couldn't help yourself with that last jab could you?
What makes you think she's not a team first player?
What makes you think she is?

It wasn't a jab. No one knows if she will be. I hope she is. Implied in that statement is that I don't know if she is. However, holding a signing spectacle is not the most positive sign in the world. But, it was shorter and lower key than I feared so, maybe no big deal.

[mod edit - personal attack]

Last edited by a moderator:

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score

Geno does, or at least think she can be. Otherwise would he recruit her? In UCONN history can we think of a recruit that has not been a team player after arriving at UCONN ? Even big time egos (DT comes to mind :p) learn the importance of team play.

It comes down to 4 little words:
IN GENO WE TRUST

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Because she will be wearing a UCONN uniform, team play is perfected at UCONN.

It wasn't a jab.
Sure it was, you just didn't expect to get called on it.

However, holding a signing spectacle is not the most positive sign in the world. But, it was shorter and lower key than I feared so, maybe no big deal.
Was it a "spectacle" or was it "low key"? More importantly, did you enjoy it as much as I did?

CBear01

Reaction Score
However, holding a signing spectacle is not the most positive sign in the world.

Where on earth does this come from? A player works very hard year after year, has the pride of the community behind them, has dozens of fans of the sport talking and blogging over every decision (um, hello 100K+ views and over 1500 responses, here alone!), and is a great student academically. What is this "spectacle" you speak of? If you want to be prominent and make a statement it is necessary to make yourself available to the masses.

There are many who thought the wait on the decision was prolonged and in bad taste. To whom?

IMO I'm very glad she is appealing to all her supporters and give us a little entertainment. Because essentially she will be doing the exact same thing over the next 4 years...she will be entertaining Husky fans, her friends and family, and certainly many many other fans of the sport.

Good for you, Megan. Take pride in your hard work and enjoy every moment you deserve. WE are very POSITIVE you will help make WCBB a very enjoyable watch the next 4 years

JS

Reaction Score
Was it a "spectacle" or was it "low key"? More importantly, did you enjoy it as much as I did?
Will have to leave those questions as rhetorical, Coco.

Paesano is hereby excused from answering, whether or not he wishes to be, so this particular exchange can end.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
And then there is this:

So ...are you allowed to season crow, or must you eat it straight up as road-kill? :oops:

JordyG said, "She's going to Texas".

I prefer mine flambe a la carte. With, of course, a nice rich chardonnay. Now (as I've said before), would you like to see me do cartwheels?

Waiter check!

CBear01

Reaction Score
All this crow talk has me thinking about being a little boy living in a 3 family house in little italy. great grandma lived on the top level with a beautiful perch. she kept bird traps up there to catch the local pidgeons. Yes, I said pidgeons.

They would end up in her famous "sunday sauce" (gravy) and I can still picture the legs and toes sticking up and out of the pot.

True story. don't knock it till you've tried it...:eek:

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
All this crow talk has me thinking about being a little boy living in a 3 family house in little italy. great grandma lived on the top level with a beautiful perch. she kept bird traps up there to catch the local pidgeons. Yes, I said pidgeons.

They would end up in her famous "sunday sauce" (gravy) and I can still picture the legs and toes sticking up and out of the pot.

True story. don't knock it till you've tried it...:eek:
rsz_pigeon_stew-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member