Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide? | Page 41 | The Boneyard

Anybody have new info on Megan Walker & when she will decide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
There is no circus. Since that last article where it was said that she was "confused," she's been basically silent on social media. The circus is entirely people interested in where she is going reading way too much into her social media.

I hate to admit it, but, you're right Orangutan. We are the circus, not her. All she's done is.........nothing. She postponed her reveal to a later date than previously promised. I sheepishly admit to getting up every morning and putting on my "clown suit", then logging on to the boneyard hoping/expecting to see that she has committed to UConn, just like I did THIS MORNING.

Oh well, Like Scarlett O'hara said in the last scene of Gone with the Wind: "There's always tomorrow". :rolleyes: November 9th is 21 days from now. Her father said upon their return from visiting Notre Dame that they may wait until then (the early signing period) to announce their decision. So, we wait. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not train. That light gets brighter and brighter with each passing day. I have just one final question.........Who's the ringmaster? :eek:

Reaction Score
I'm so sick and tired of this Megan Walker circus. She reminds me to much of Diamond DeShields in which UCONN dogged a bullet. Looks like UCONN is going to be very fortunate not to get her.
Thanks god we didn't get DD...

Reaction Score
November 9th is 21 days from now. Her father said upon their return from visiting Notre Dame that they may wait until then (the early signing period) to announce their decision. So, we wait. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not train. That light gets brighter and brighter with each passing day. I have just one final question....Who's the ringmaster? :eek:
So Megan will announce the day after the election?
What that means???

Carnac

Reaction Score
So Megan will announce the day after the election?
What that means???

I don't know. I just relayed what her father said. He said they may wait until NOv 8, which is the first day of the early signing period. I don't read anything into that statement, or that it's the day after the elections. No reading between the lines here. Hey Kaizen......you got your clown suit on this morning? :eek:

Reaction Score
I don't know. I just relayed what her father said. He said they may wait until NOv 8, which is the first day of the early signing period. I don't read anything into that statement, or that it's the day after the elections. No reading between the lines here. Hey Kaizen.you got your clown suit on this morning? :eek:
Yes, am too exciting to wait the debate ... LOL

Reaction Score
I think her own Homecoming was the highlight of her Friday Night life... I cant say I blame her

No doubt she had better things to do that night but if she had serious interest in UConn, I would have thought she would comment or at least like the reports about First Night and comments from the other recruits that were there, several of whom she knows.............she did like several Texas posts since First Night so it's pretty evident that from a social media standpoint, UConn is not at the top of her list..............

Reaction Score
I hate to admit it, but, you're right Orangutan. We are the circus, not her. All she's done is....nothing. She postponed her reveal to a later date than previously promised. I sheepishly admit to getting up every morning and putting on my "clown suit", then logging on to the boneyard hoping/expecting to see that she has committed to UConn, just like I did THIS MORNING.

Oh well, Like Scarlett O'hara said in the last scene of Gone with the Wind: "There's always tomorrow". :rolleyes: November 9th is 21 days from now. Her father said upon their return from visiting Notre Dame that they may wait until then (the early signing period) to announce their decision. So, we wait. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it's not train. That light gets brighter and brighter with each passing day. I have just one final question....Who's the ringmaster? :eek:
\

But Scarlett didn't know how wrong she was--tomorrow may always come--but not always for Scarlett.

I too am guilty of viewing --if Walker made a decision---The Big O of the Boneyard--said it well when he wrote--The furor isn't created by Megan--she only tweets kid stuff--the hoopla herein is locally created (or words to that effect). But I'll be one of those watching
and waiting for any decision--ANY Decision

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Spent some time away from this board and return to find this thread going strong! :eek:
I really have no problem with HS kids taking there time with what is the most momentous decision of their life up to this point. It is HUGE, and making it before you are ready is a recipe for disappointment. She and her family and coaches are taking their time - with some recruits it seems they are reveling in the attentions and 'suspense' they generate and that sort of turns me off. In this case it just seems to be part of her process and she and the family are keeping a very low profile - as others say - it is we who are creating the circus, not them.

On the pick-up games that get played by almost all recruits at almost all the schools there are very strict guidelines, but visits (official and unofficial) are two way processes - the school is putting on it's 'dog and pony' show for the recruit, but they are also evaluating the recruit and the recruit's family (support staff) in relation to current and committed recruits. At Uconn specifically, but I am sure at every other school as well, the coaching staff solicits feedback from their players which includes everything that happens during the visit including any pick-up games played. I believe Geno has been reported in the past saying that at least one recruit was 'dropped' based on feedback from his players.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Spent some time away from this board and return to find this thread going strong! :eek:
I really have no problem with HS kids taking there time with what is the most momentous decision of their life up to this point. It is HUGE, and making it before you are ready is a recipe for disappointment. She and her family and coaches are taking their time - with some recruits it seems they are reveling in the attentions and 'suspense' they generate and that sort of turns me off. In this case it just seems to be part of her process and she and the family are keeping a very low profile - as others say - it is we who are creating the circus, not them.

On the pick-up games that get played by almost all recruits at almost all the schools there are very strict guidelines, but visits (official and unofficial) are two way processes - the school is putting on it's 'dog and pony' show for the recruit, but they are also evaluating the recruit and the recruit's family (support staff) in relation to current and committed recruits. At Uconn specifically, but I am sure at every other school as well, the coaching staff solicits feedback from their players which includes everything that happens during the visit including any pick-up games played. I believe Geno has been reported in the past saying that at least one recruit was 'dropped' based on feedback from his players.
welcome back, was you absence about the BY or personal?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The problem with the premise you and I have had about MW is: If she needs this kind of stroking or is all about ME--she isn't a typical UConn type kid. Can Geno just say --ego or no--she's a tremendous talent????????????? Big ego/confidence is good. All me , no so.
Geno hasn't backed off... so why sound UConn fans. I thought it was "In Geno We Trust"

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
In this, the 1000th post of this thread, let us all wish Megan the best. May she pick her school calmly at her own pace.
J66Kicker had the 100oth post according to the numbers on the bottom right of each post. new feature?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Two weeks traveling through VT/NH for the fall color with visitors from Wales. And it was very beautiful and fabulous weather - a day at the top of Mt. Washington in shirt sleeves in the second week of October is not something very usual!
cool... welcome back, we're still here waiting on MKW's big announcement

Reaction Score
000hhh, I think you were a bit late on the 1000th. But never fear: you're the very first post toward the second thousandth!
You're right, it was the 1001st and there probably are many more posts to come before (and presumably after) she verbals.

Reaction Score
Geno hasn't backed off... so why sound UConn fans. I thought it was "In Geno We Trust"
In GENO I (ME) Trusts!! I'm not sure that I said anything about Geno not wanting or accepting her--I did say that Geno likes kids with a lot of EGO/confidence--DT--Svet-eventually Stewie---. If Geno even thinks (as I said) that MW is a "me" person--and he can work with that--if she chooses UConn (IMO) Geno shall accept her. If I don't trust Geno's recruiting choices--I should fold up my tent and ride my camel into the sun. I do reserve the right to second guess his decisions during the game--Geno isn't PERFECT--like ME.

Reaction Score
Two weeks traveling through VT/NH for the fall color with visitors from Wales. And it was very beautiful and fabulous weather - a day at the top of Mt. Washington in shirt sleeves in the second week of October is not something very usual!
I saw all that above the border last week. I have Cousins in both places and on the coast of Maine--and a few hundred places in the US and Que.

Reaction Score
How do you know he hasn't? I haven't seen evidence either way.

My speculation remains the same. She is waiting to signing day so she can have a big, televised, spectacle. Maybe she will do the "pick the hat" thing. Whatever. I would be shocked if Geno hasn't told her we are no longer interested. Let her go to ND and ruin their chemistry.

Carnac

Reaction Score
You're right, it was the 1001st and there probably are many more posts to come before (and presumably after) she verbals.

Uhhhhhhh, yeah. No matter which program she decides to verbal to, I would guess that each person that "regularly" clicked onto this thread to see what the latest status of MW was/is, will have a response, and thus post a comment. No doubt that thread will be the most interesting read for us for the next 24 hours after that.

Reaction Score
If Walker is all that she is caked up to be she will make Texas a serious NC contender should she choose to go there. She and Holmes together will be a dynamic duo.
I disagree. In college basketball its all about coaching although Karen Aston and staff is doing a great job building Texas program back. But adding Tina T. Into the mix should & will bring in top notch recurits. But in college you see alot of the same schools winning or getting close. In men Kentucky Duke Kansas and Uconn are amongs the schools with the best coaches. And for the woman its mainly Uconn (Geno) ND (Muffet) and Baylor (Kim). Teams and the skill play is catching up so my guess, she ends up at Texas. Besides i live in Ct and keep hearing about Texas or seeing people with Texas gear on. Good Luck where ever she goes but winning a championship is not in her favor as a big recruit who has been high on Uconn and goes else where. DD EDD etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom