Anton Gill Transfering | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Anton Gill Transfering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rozier is leaving to help provide for his family. He's well aware he may not be drafted in the first round and would be better off staying a year but he said something to the effect that he can't stand seeing his mother working 16-17 hour days to provide for them. I believe his father may be incarcerated also. Says sometimes you have to make sacrifices and that's what he is doing for his mother and family
Agreed... Kid is a baller though... He played his tail off vs. NC State, which, btw, looks like it will be a dangerous team in '16... IMO, the L'Ville / NC State game was the best game I saw all tourney long. Those kids were ballin...

Reaction Score
Rozier made it an easy pick for the next game though (Spartans). Hardly ever has 2 good games in a row - if Blackshear was his normal self LVille would've been beaten by 10 in regulation. Kid has some game but very little consistency. Wish him weill in taking care of mom but a long road ahead for a guy who threw a 6-23 in a big game.

Reaction Score
I can't believe i read somewhere (jerry meyer) comparing rozier to freaking dwyane wade. Just goes to show, take those 247 rankings with a grain of salt.

Quoted for when Rozier is a top 20 pick.

Reaction Score
Quoted for when Rozier is a top 20 pick.
and? rozier isn't half the player wade is( or was at marquette). confused by your post, are you yearnin to bump this thread when he gets picked in the first round? how does that bring any credibility to pitinos comments?

Maybe i misinterpreted what you meant though

Reaction Score
Rozier is leaving to help provide for his family. He's well aware he may not be drafted in the first round and would be better off staying a year but he said something to the effect that he can't stand seeing his mother working 16-17 hour days to provide for them. I believe his father may be incarcerated also. Says sometimes you have to make sacrifices and that's what he is doing for his mother and family

You gotta feel for guys like this. Yeah, he probably isn't ready for the NBA but he is a great player. I'd love to have someone like him on UConn. Excellent scorer and even better defender. I hate Louisville but I wish him luck at the next level. Hopefully his mother won't have to work another day in her life after he starts playing in the league.

Reaction Score
Shaqquan Aaron has a ton of potential, and it would be good for him to redshirt a year. I can see him blowing up at a different school a couple years from now. Pitino has also handled him terribly. He publicly criticizes him way too often, and didn't give him enough opportunity to find his footing.

I'm not sure of the fit here though. If a SG like Bruce Brown and a SF like Kegler commit, Aaron probably wouldn't have much opportunity to get big time minutes after redshirting. I think KO would rather recruit people out of high school than try to fix players who had rocky times at another school already.

Aaron looked like a long, coordinated guard with a feathery and smooth game in HS. He has the tools to make it work. Good luck kid, hopefully you leave the program that has only bullied you.

Reaction Score
Pass. We don't need potential we need a real live PG who can handle the ball and is at least somewhat a threat to score.

Reaction Score
and? rozier isn't half the player wade is( or was at marquette). confused by your post, are you yearnin to bump this thread when he gets picked in the first round? how does that bring any credibility to pitinos comments?

Maybe i misinterpreted what you meant though

Not comparing him to Wade because that's silly, but he's clearly going to safely be a 1st round pick, to suggest otherwise is about as ridiculous as the people on here this time last year saying Daniels was a clear 1st-rounder.

Reaction Score
You gotta feel for guys like this. Yeah, he probably isn't ready for the NBA but he is a great player. I'd love to have someone like him on UConn. Excellent scorer and even better defender. I hate Louisville but I wish him luck at the next level. Hopefully his mother won't have to work another day in her life after he starts playing in the league.

He doesn't really have much more to prove in college, especially given how much more youth matters than actual productivity for a draft prospect going to the NBA. D'Angelo Russell was 3-19 in his last game and he's a top 5 pick on everybody's board.

Reaction Score
Not comparing him to Wade because that's silly, but he's clearly going to safely be a 1st round pick, to suggest otherwise is about as ridiculous as the people on here this time last year saying Daniels was a clear 1st-rounder.

You might have him confused with someone else. It's entirely possible that he goes in the first round, but he's not a lock and no one thinks he is.

Reaction Score
He doesn't really have much more to prove in college, especially given how much more youth matters than actual productivity for a draft prospect going to the NBA. D'Angelo Russell was 3-19 in his last game and he's a top 5 pick on everybody's board.
Andrew Wiggins was 1-6 in his last game. In 34 minutes. You can't just use one game and make that much meaning from it.

Hell, Kemba Walker was 5-19 in his last game.

Reaction Score
Andrew Wiggins was 1-6 in his last game. In 34 minutes. You can't just use one game and make that much meaning from it.

Hell, Kemba Walker was 5-19 in his last game.

I know you still have a stiffy for me from last year but you're phrasing your post like you're trying to disagree with me, yet the content of your post is actually agreeing with me. You're always a safe bet for a chuckle.

Reaction Score
You might have him confused with someone else. It's entirely possible that he goes in the first round, but he's not a lock and no one thinks he is.

Quoted for when he's a top 20 pick, you can go back to when yourself/many other idiots claimed Daniels was going to be an easy first rounder and I said he wasn't.

Reaction Score
I know you still have a stiffy for me from last year but you're phrasing your post like you're trying to disagree with me, yet the content of your post is actually agreeing with me. You're always a safe bet for a chuckle.
I genuinely have no idea why you mentioned the shooting stats his last game, especially considering Russell averaged 19 points, 5 rbs and 5 assists.

You seemed to be citing his shooting percentages as a reason not to pick him in the Top 5--otherwise, why cite it? My point was that all sorts of players who are great in the NBA (Wiggins) or who had unbelievable seasons (Walker) had bad shooting games to end their college career, and one game is irrelevant. The second part of your post is a non sequitur in following the first.

And thinking that anyone gives a sh¡t about you, or any other poster, beyond their last post is delusional. I mean, Christ, have you even posted in the last year? Get a grip, and have an adult conversation without mentioning d¡cks, attacking another poster, or getting defensive.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Didn't you go away for a while? This is why no one missed you.

Reaction Score
I genuinely have no idea why you mentioned the shooting stats his last game, especially considering Russell averaged 19 points, 5 rbs and 5 assists.

You seemed to be citing his shooting percentages as a reason not to pick him in the Top 5--otherwise, why cite it? My point was that all sorts of players who are great in the NBA (Wiggins) or who had unbelievable seasons (Walker) had bad shooting games to end their college career, and one game is irrelevant. The second part of your post is a non sequitur in following the first.

And thinking that anyone gives a sh¡t about you, or any other poster, beyond their last post is delusional. I mean, Christ, have you even posted in the last year? Get a grip, and have an adult conversation without mentioning d¡cks, attacking another poster, or getting defensive.

Really not too hard to read it in context, with the takeaway being (from my stance of defending Rozier's draft stock) that playing badly in your final college game actually doesn't matter. Not sure why you seem to have trouble understanding that...

I would highly suggest that you do a better job of actually reading through the conversation the next time you want to try to climb up my a.ss. That way, you can at least manage a couple posts worth of trolling before you prove (yet again) what an idiot you are.

Reaction Score
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 2m2 minutes ago
Louisville transfer Anton Gill told ESPN will visit Providence on 17th, then likely Nebraska early May. Also heard from G'Town, UAB, ECU.

Given that these are the programs he is looking at, he is nowhere near as highly regarded as he was out of HS.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
And I was right again. Lol.
Love my Celts but Danny Ainge is the ONLY GM out there that would use a 1st round pick on Rozier.
If he chose him for his D - he is good there - but a wasted high pick
Too much like Smart- maybe Smart moves on????

Reaction Score
Love my Celts but Danny Ainge is the ONLY GM out there that would use a 1st round pick on Rozier.
If he chose him for his D - he is good there - but a wasted high pick
Too much like Smart- maybe Smart moves on????

If that were true Ainge would have waited until 28 to grab Rozier. He obviously had some info that somebody else would have grabbed him before that spot. I've heard Bradley might be traded, and I doubt regardless they'd give up on Smart so quickly unless maybe in a Cousins deal or something big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom