Anton Gill Transfering | The Boneyard

Anton Gill Transfering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Given our lack of guard depth, I would hope the staff is at least looking into him. The fact that he barely got court time this year is no fault of his own.

Also, just saw that he's from Raleigh. Any chance that there's a Purvis connection?

Reaction Score
Can't blame him for getting away from Pitino. Nice player, there's a lot of potential in that kid.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I remember him throwing down some impressive dunks in HS. His shot was supposedly a work in progress, and his numbers allude to that this year. I think a year of practicing with Adams and Purvis would be good for Gill, but reclassified Bruce Brown sounds better to me at this point.

Reaction Score
I remember him throwing down some impressive dunks in HS. His shot was supposedly a work in progress, and his numbers allude to that this year. I think a year of practicing with Adams and Purvis would be good for Gill, but reclassified Bruce Brown sounds better to me at this point.

Actually I just want people who want to be a Husky again. People who get the fact we can and will win championships here but we need player. Whether its Gill, Smith VT, Miller Cornell, the Cleve St kid, Brown or T Joens from Prep, I want kids who want to come in and join a pretty good team to get them to the level of expectation for UConn, period!

Who's next?

Reaction Score
Louisville beat writers were saying that could be a couple more transfers, and threw some of the freshman names like Shaqquan Aaron and Chinanu Onuaku.

Reaction Score
Gill got thrust into a role in the Sweet 16 game against NC State where he played 11 minutes and dropped 7 points while also getting 2 steals. Didn't miss a shot either, he played great. I would love to have him on UConn, not sure why Pitino rarely played him.

Reaction Score
Our shooting was so great we should be looking for average shooters or works in progress?

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Louisville beat writers were saying that could be a couple more transfers, and threw some of the freshman names like Shaqquan Aaron and Chinanu Onuaku.
@_NickBurch
Jump to your own conclusions, but when speaking of next year's roster, Pitino did not mention Aaron, Gill, or Onuaku.

@ITVHughes · 6h6 hours ago
To sum up Rick Pitino. Harrell, Rozier leaving. Looking to add 1-3 players next year. Gill, Aaron and Onuaku sound questionable to return.

I'd love Onuaku. Great defense. Would be a very solid Brimah replacement. He's had fouling issues, but is a good rebounder and rim protector.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
@_NickBurch
Jump to your own conclusions, but when speaking of next year's roster, Pitino did not mention Aaron, Gill, or Onuaku.

@ITVHughes · 6h6 hours ago
To sum up Rick Pitino. Harrell, Rozier leaving. Looking to add 1-3 players next year. Gill, Aaron and Onuaku sound questionable to return.

I'd love Onuaku. Great defense. Would be a very solid Brimah replacement. He's had fouling issues, but is a good rebounder and rim protector.

For what it's worth I'd love to have Onuaku on the team, but where's Brimah going?

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
For what it's worth I'd love to have Onuaku on the team, but where's Brimah going?
Well I'm assuming Onuaku would have to sit out a year, and then Brimah either goes pro or has one year left.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Onuaku - interesting.

Gill and Aaron - thanks, but no. Gill's basically washing out of Louisville.

Someone appears not to realize that these guys will have to sit out a year....

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I was thinking Louisville would be the favorite to win it all next year. The Rozier and Harrell departures changes that.

Reaction Score
Onuaku - interesting.

I don't need to post anymore.
you basically say everything that i would say anyway :cool:

Reaction Score
I was thinking Louisville would be the favorite to win it all next year. The Rozier and Harrell departures changes that.

I didn't think there was much of a chance that Harrell was coming back, but for whatever reason, I'd assumed Rozier was coming back.

Reaction Score
Onuaku - interesting.

not into aaron? seems like a high level athlete/body KO could really mold. however he gives off headcase/unpredictable vibes. don't care for gill either

Reaction Score
I didn't think there was much of a chance that Harrell was coming back, but for whatever reason, I'd assumed Rozier was coming back.

Harrell was honored during Senior Night earlier in the month, so you're right. No chance of coming back, barring injury. Rozier has talent, not sure he's 100% a first rounder yet. Rebuilding year next year for LVille.

Reaction Score

Rozier is leaving to help provide for his family. He's well aware he may not be drafted in the first round and would be better off staying a year but he said something to the effect that he can't stand seeing his mother working 16-17 hour days to provide for them. I believe his father may be incarcerated also. Says sometimes you have to make sacrifices and that's what he is doing for his mother and family

Reaction Score
I can't believe i read somewhere (jerry meyer) comparing rozier to freaking dwyane wade. Just goes to show, take those 247 rankings with a grain of salt.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Wasn't aaron an AA and a freshman last year? If so there has to be some potential to work with there, right? Onuaku would be a solid player for us as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom