Another recruit crosses Tenn off their list | The Boneyard

Another recruit crosses Tenn off their list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
According to Twitter, Shakayla Thomas has narrowed her choices to six schools:

@iAm_KThomas: 1. FSU 2. SC 3. GA 4. UA 5. AU 6. MSU ! There ya go !

The LV's are getting shunned more often than the cast of Breaking Amish! :)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Tennessee fans console themselves by saying she'd be one of many at Tennessee, but would be star on any of the other teams she's considering. Anyway, I'm actually hoping she goes to any school not named SC. I figure if Dawn can't get a really solid class, Wilson is less likely to go it alone as the lone wolf... They did land the #19 guard Duckett...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
According to Twitter, Shakayla Thomas has narrowed her choices to six schools:

@iAm_KThomas: 1. FSU 2. SC 3. GA 4. UA 5. AU 6. MSU ! There ya go !

The LV's are getting shunned more often than the cast of Breaking Amish! :)

Wow. Unlike with Calhoun, Turner, and Belton... and probably a few others that I missing... the schools she narrowed it down to aren't the top tier schools.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Interesting development. Maria C. wrote in article about her and Tennessee's interest in her on August 23, two days ago.

Stwain, what is the thinking by LV fans on her eliminating TN?

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Maybe she wants to go to a program she can make an immediate impact in or maybe she wants to stay close to home.

Things have changed in recruiting.

Student Athletes are looking at more than top programs. Many are going to other places and I think its good for the womens game.

Will only help parity.

And on the same topic, Jamie Nared is also looking at OSU. She is great wing player from the northwest area (Oregon I think).

McGuff is doing a great recruiting job at OSU.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Maybe she wants to go to a program she can make an immediate impact in or maybe she wants to stay close to home.

Things have changed in recruiting.

Student Athletes are looking at more than top programs. Many are going to other places and I think its good for the womens game.

Will only help parity.

And on the same topic, Jamie Nared is also looking at OSU. She is great wing player from the northeast area (Oregon I think).

McGuff is doing a great recruiting job at OSU.

Northeastern Oregon ?? ;)

Reaction Score
Wow. Unlike with Calhoun, Turner, and Belton... and probably a few others that I missing... the schools she narrowed it down to aren't the top tier schools.

I think Tenn should take note and "dial down" their expectations on recruits, both in terms of quality and quantity. Seriously, since Pat Summitt retired, they have only netted three recruits...and one of those players (Mercedes Russell) was "brainwashed" and "always wanted to attend Tenn" after observing their presence and success so much growing up as a kid. Unfortunately for her, she is not up on current events and isn't aware that the LV's are currently in a downward spiral (i.e. "has beens"). However, it appears the majority of other elite recruits are very much tuned into the fact that the LV's just aren't the same without Pat Summitt...they are still a good team, but a mere shell of what they use to be...hence, "has beens".

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Northeastern Oregon ?? ;)

Hahahahaha!!

Thanks for that!!

the NORTHWEST (Oregon) or maybe northeastern part of Oregon!

I cant stop laughing at this!!

Thanks!

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
I think Tenn should take note and "dial down" their expectations on recruits, both in terms of quality and quantity. Seriously, since Pat Summitt retired, they have only netted three recruits...and one of those players (Mercedes Russell) was "brainwashed" and "always wanted to attend Tenn" after observing their presence and success so much growing up as a kid. Unfortunately for her, she is not up on current events and isn't aware that the LV's currently in a downward spiral (i.e. "has beens"). However, it appears the majority of other elite recruits are very much tuned into the fact that the LV's just aren't the same without Pat Summitt...they are still a good team, but a mere shell of what they use to be...hence, "has beens".

Cant disagree with most of this!

I have a very good friend who is a Tennessee fan and he says he has noticed that the Volunteers are casting a "very wide net" in recruiting. He said names are popping up over on their board that he has to do some legitimate searching on to find any info on. I trust and respect the guy.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think there is some disappointment. I don't know much about Thomas. The recruiting thing can change. Last year I thought Peyton Whitted was going to Tennessee she didn't. Many thought even me Mercedes was going to Louisville she didn't. I like the outcome.

Reaction Score
Tennessee just landed the number one player in the country and the only teams that have knocked them out of the tournament the last couple of years has been 6'8 griner

Reaction Score
downward spiral.... you act like there old dominion or something or louisiana tech

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Tennessee just landed the number one player in the country and the only teams that have knocked them out of the tournament the last couple of years has been 6'8 griner

Really???

Because I thought it was Louisville that knocked them out last year!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
We're on to 2014.

Russell is so last year.

They lost 8 games last year. And were eliminated by Louisville. Did you miss that game?

Reaction Score
ok yes i have seen that. coming off losing a starting 5 of all seniors is pretty damn good

Reaction Score
im just a fan of basketball i dont get into all the extra bs that goes along with it sometimes im a fan of all teams i like uconn and i like tenn

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
im just a fan of basketball i dont get into all the extra bs that goes along with it sometimes im a fan of all teams i like uconn and i like tenn

thats like being a fan of Duke and UNC....... you gotta pick one and stick with your choice

Reaction Score
coack k is an awesome coach and has achieved extraordinary things and so has north carolina i look up to both programs has role models

Reaction Score
i just think this uconn tenn mess if way too far out of line. you dont see this happening in mens basketball. two top teams not playing each other. all i have seen is a little secondary recruiting violation and that has been all that i have seen that was actually told to the public. nobody actually knows because pat or geno have not talked about exact facts about what went on its all speculation and she said he said stuff.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
i just think this uconn tenn mess if way too far out of line. you dont see this happening in mens basketball. two top teams not playing each other. all i have seen is a little secondary recruiting violation and that has been all that i have seen that was actually told to the public. nobody actually knows because pat or geno have not talked about exact facts about what went on its all speculation and she said he said stuff.
If there was a word that means more than clueless, that would describe you.

Not sure why you want to bring Uconn into this thread. It's about Tennessee losing a recruit. Period.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
coack k is an awesome coach and has achieved extraordinary things and so has north carolina i look up to both programs has role models

2s0o5zm.gif

Im done here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member