Android users, please help | The Boneyard

Android users, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
If you visit this site with an Android device, please answer the following questions:

Are you having a problem with redirects to the Google Play Store?

Please list all the apps you have installed on your device (even if you are not having problems)

Send me a PM or email if you don't want to reply ...

Tom@emery.net

Reaction Score
I read the boards on my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Convo, which is Tapatalk-compatible (and free) and I have had no issues, but do you need me to test via web, i.e., mobile Chrome or something?

Reaction Score
I've been meaning to post about this. I've had this problem for a while now. I rarely if ever down load apps to my Droid phone but I'll give it a look. Extremely annoying as it always directs me to the Candy Crush app.

Reaction Score
I just deleted that app "the whip sound" and some other app I never saw before ....it was an opt out push app...or something like that. Problem solved for me.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I just deleted that app "the whip sound" and some other app I never saw before ....it was an opt out push app...or something like that. Problem solved for me.

I pay a premium to make sure this site is scanned real time for such problems. On Wednesday I went so far as to purchase an Android device to see if I could reproduce the problem - nope.

I am told the redirects kick in at the site a user most visits ( if I wrote trojans, that's the way I'd do it too).

Every user I've asked to visit Syracusefan.com, which is running the same script, on the same server, running the same ads, has not had a problem.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Using an Atrix 4G. Will occasionally force close and less occasionally kick back some permission error. But mostly works just fine for me. No redirects.

Running a few of the normal apps, FB etc. But mostly a stock phone/email machine.

Reaction Score
No redirects for me. Im on here all the time on my Android.

Siv

Reaction Score
I get redirected to the Candy Crush app from the Google play store. Disabling Java script seems to help

Reaction Score
HTC One.

I am having problems with redirects to the Google Play Store.

Evernote, Flashlight, Battery Widget, Clean Master are my downloaded apps. Verizon fills the phones with bloatware and I have yet to get to seeing what can be uninstalled.

Reaction Score
When I use my S3 chrome Android browser I keep getting redirected to Candy Crush app on play store.

Reaction Score
I have too many apps to mention, but I get redirected on both my HTC One as well as my tablet. On my HTC One I'm using their stock browser and on the tablet I'm using the Dolphin HD Browser.

Reaction Score
You might want to give Firefox a try just to see if it makes a difference. I use Firefox on my nexus 10 and haven't noticed any redirect problems.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I am getting the Candy Crush app coming up when I click on The Boneyard on my Asus tablet. The Candy Crush app is the only one that has been added in recent memory. Oh, I may have added the free trial of tapatalk and one of the keyboard apps. It is annoying.

Reaction Score
I have an Android razor and it does it to me. Funny thing it does it only when I touch the screen to scroll up or down. The rate verys. At this time it's doing it a lot.

Reaction Score
If you visit this site with an Android device, please answer the following questions:

Are you having a problem with redirects to the Google Play Store?

Please list all the apps you have installed on your device (even if you are not having problems)

Send me a PM or email if you don't want to reply ...

Tom@emery.net
Tom, I'm constantly being re-directed to the app store. Annoying. I'm going to the dealer to find out what that's all about. I'll let you know.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's not really an Android issue - an iPhone with Chrome and permissions set a certain way will likely eventually get it as well. It's a malfeasant ad service.

On your Android phone or tablet, go to Settings and then Apps.

If you have an app named Network, (may have a symbol that looks like three green bars next to it), go ahead and delete it.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
It's not really an Android issue - an iPhone with Chrome and permissions set a certain way will likely eventually get it as well. It's a malfeasant ad service.

On your Android phone or tablet, go to Settings and then Apps.

If you have an app named Network, (may have a symbol that looks like three green bars next to it), go ahead and delete it.

No "network" app, any other suggestions?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
No "network" app, any other suggestions?

Try this out of curiosity....turn off javascript in your browser.

It'd be in the Content Settings tab in the Advanced list of the Chrome settings.

Try that and report back.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
No problems for me on my Samsung S3 or my nexus 7

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors