Andre v. The Celtics | The Boneyard

Andre v. The Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JustHusky

As much as I thought he left early, judging by how he's played, i'm definitely not going to scrutinize his decision at this point. When he's making more than evreyone on this forum combined in a few years, i'm going to have sounded really stupid.

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
6-8 from the free throw line too...coming along in more than one way

Reaction Score
20 mins -- 16 pts, 7 boards, and a block

Another solid game out of him

4 of his 5 field goals were alley-oop dunks. Can't wait for him to develop more of an offensive game!:p
KG also finished with 16 and 7.

Reaction Score
I'd say at least four of the eight teams that passed him up in the draft are really regretting their decision right now.

Reaction Score
I think every team that picked before Detroit is regretting it. Davis and Lilliard are good but if there was a redraft I think Andre would go #1.

Reaction Score
He's been a great addition to my fantasy team this yea, especially since I got autodrafted Bynum and Bogut.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
You are getting carried away.

Perhaps, but there's a decent case for Drummond as rookie of the year. He currently holds the highest PER of any teenager to ever play the game (yes, including Kobe and Lebron). Unfortunately (or fortunately, however you want to look at it), he's been limited to just under 20 minutes a game on an obscure Detroit team.

I have a feeling when people look back at the '12 draft the two big names that will stand out are Davis and Drummond.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
One never knows how the big guys are going to develop. Perhaps they were a bit gun shy after Thabeet went so high and has turned into a bigger project than any thought. But I agree, he was a steal for Detroit at#9... Good for Drummond. Great kid and great representative for UCONN in the NBA...

Reaction Score
He's 5th in the whole league in rebound rate. At 19. Sky=limit.

5th in rebound rate, 2nd in Oreb rate, 6th in blk pct, 10th in offensive rating, 6th in defensive rating, 11th in PER, 7th in win shares/48

DAMN

Reaction Score
I cant blame the Blazers for not wanting to take a big man if you look at their history (i.e. Sam Bowie, Oden, even Bill Walton post 77 championship) and obviously for AD sake glad he didnt go there. Lillard will win ROY and has an outside shot of being an all-star this year. Paul Pierce didnt stand a chance guarding AD and had to pull his jersey, it was nice seeing him dunk in KG face.

Reaction Score
I think Drummond goes number two in a re-draft, behind Davis and ahead of Lillard. At this point it's starting to look like his floor is Tyson Chandler, and Chandler's easily one of the 25 best players in the league. Davis is still the safer pick, but Lillard's upside isn't nearly as high, especially in a league with so many other good point guards.

Reaction Score
I think Drummond goes number two in a re-draft, behind Davis and ahead of Lillard. At this point it's starting to look like his floor is Tyson Chandler, and Chandler's easily one of the 25 best players in the league. Davis is still the safer pick, but Lillard's upside isn't nearly as high, especially in a league with so many other good point guards.

You cant blame portland for not taking AD, you know their history with drafting big men.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

When he makes the steal and has a straight line to the hoop and gets intentionally fouled, you can see how frustrated he is that he didnt get to destroy the hoop with a monstrous jam.

Love that the kid is doing all of the small things right this year, boxing out for rebounds, being in the right place (most of the time, just sit near the rim :)) , and playing solid defense.

Kid is blossoming before our eyes. And as someone else mentioned, after seeing how he's performed, hard to argue that he should have stayed another year.

Reaction Score
Cant wait to see AD during allstar weekend at the rookie vs sophomores game, there is no defense in that game so you will see some sick highlights from AD.

Reaction Score
Have they announced Dunk Contest participants? Would love to see AD in that.

Reaction Score
You cant blame portland for not taking AD, you know their history with drafting big men.
The Bobcats had the second pick. Portland picked 6. Drummond should not have been around by 6, and in a re-draft, wouldn't be.

Reaction Score
Have they announced Dunk Contest participants? Would love to see AD in that.

They havent that would be awesome to help increase his reputation to the average NBA fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom