And there were 2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

And there were 2

Reaction Score
You think UConn sucks too much to be in the AAC?
What
anyone on this board thinks about UConn football status is irrelevant. That includes me . It’s what the general public feels that decides our fate.
Most Fans tend to be either overly critically when things aren’t going well or the complete opposite with a blindness that defies logic as fandom by definition gravitates to the extreme .
At this point it’s most likely we will not be admitted to the AAC as a football only
However a moderately successful program over 2-3 years and our chances improve exponentially
There is no doubt our Football brand is is a damaged , and the way we left that conference if not an exercise in bridge burning was very close to it.
Blaming the conference not ourselves for our performance was embarrassing
However that conference is in great need of schools that are a recognizable name with its recent loses and a 7 win season and a bowl win this year will be a huge step in the road to reconstruction of our reputation. At this point are direction is undermined and our baggage to heavy . But when Tulane gets the the P5 call we will be ready .

Reaction Score
What
anyone on this board thinks about UConn football status is irrelevant. That includes me . It’s what the general public feels that decides our fate.
Most Fans tend to be either overly critically when things aren’t going well or the complete opposite with a blindness that defies logic as fandom by definition gravitates to the extreme .
At this point it’s most likely we will not be admitted to the AAC as a football only
However a moderately successful program over 2-3 years and our chances improve exponentially
There is no doubt our Football brand is is a damaged , and the way we left that conference if not an exercise in bridge burning was very close to it.
However that conference is in great need of schools that are a recognizable name with its recent loses and a 7 win season and a bowl win this year will be a huge step in the road to reconstruction of our reputation. At this point are direction is undermined and our baggage to heavy . But when Tulane gets the the P5 call we will be ready .
We didn’t blame the conference. They tried to take our money made off women’s basketball locally and distribute it to all AAC members. That was the final straw. We specifically asked that we maintain the status quo and not have to give that revenue to the conference. In the new deal, they tried to take it. That’s when AD Dave and Herbst decided to bolt.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What I think or you think about UConn is irrelevant.

The perception throughout CFB is that UConn stinks. A football-only UConn has no value in the market, so the idea that the AAC should be clamoring to add them shows how out of touch you are.

It's my fault UConn didn't get into the Big 12. Got it.

Reaction Score
We didn’t blame the conference. They tried to take our money made off women’s basketball locally and distribute it to all AAC members. That was the final straw. We specifically asked that we maintain the status quo and not have to give that revenue to the conference. In the new deal, they tried to take it. That’s when AD Dave and Herbst decided to bolt.
Hence they are not interested in FB only

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
What
Look, with that rumor that the AAC is looking at adding Army as a FB only, I don't see why people on here are thinking we are crap and not viewed as wanted property for the AAC. So let's stop with that. Had the Army rumor not come out, I'd agree that the more Southern based AAC would be less likely to have us back.

Reaction Score
Pretty good article that outlines UConn's problem with ACC and ESPN contract..

The AAC isn't coming apart. Well yeah it did. Completely. Nothing more worth reading after that.

Reaction Score
I would think the most likely outcome is MWC simply merges with the Pac2 and they keep the Pac branding and NCAA units. See if they can tempt Gonzaga for non-football or bring Hawaii for all sports, both of which seem unlikely. Probably just stick with the 13 for all sports and the 13+1 for football

Reaction Score
I would think the most likely outcome is MWC simply merges with the Pac2 and they keep the Pac branding and NCAA units. See if they can tempt Gonzaga for non-football or bring Hawaii for all sports, both of which seem unlikely. Probably just stick with the 13 for all sports and the 13+1 for football
MWC doesn’t want Hawaii for all sports. People complain about Stanford in the ACC — travel to Hawaii is worse/longer. (Salt lake to HI = San Fran to Rale).

Highly doubt Gonzaga would be interested. More travel, less cultural fit (and rivalries), and competition at best the same.

Reaction Score
Soooo...the AAC is looking at Army for football only ?

Surprised at an add that is not all sports.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
My initial gut reaction is the MW and the Pac-2 merge under the Pac-12 name, but I don't think that is going to happen. Once the 12 Pac-12 schools receive their 23/24 distribution minus the Comcast penalty, WSU and OSU will still have tournament credits to keep to themselves which they can use to attract 10 schools to join them. I feel like 12 is the sweet spot for the new Pac-12.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Soooo...the AAC is looking at Army for football only ?

Surprised at an add that is not all sports.
The AAC is looking at Army not the other way around.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom