Amida having surgery per Dave Borges | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Amida having surgery per Dave Borges

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
That kind of operation will make it impossible for him to work out- it will be painful to get out of bed in the morning let alone workout.

If he works his lower body hard, he will gain a ton of weight.

Reaction Score
I wonder how much he can still work on his core and lower body while he's rehabbing this injury, that is where he needs to build up the most strength imo.
All he wants. Having your shoulder in a sling does not prevent you from doing virtually anything from the chest down. I know, I've had 3.

Reaction Score
What they don't tell you about the 4-5 month recovery period is that it is painful as hell. When I was in PT, people who had the shoulder surgery would save up their pain pills to take just before PT. Good luck to Amida as he goes through the procedure and recovery.
Well, maybe if they're giant pvssies. Good lord. I'm sure Amida is a bit beyond the typical wuss. Like I said, I've had my shoulder(s) scoped 3 times. yeah, its painful. But not THAT painful. Hardest thing is finding a comfortable position to sleep in.

Reaction Score
Ok, so per the Courant, its a torn labrum. That was the first thing I had and it wasn't nearly as painful as the torn rotator cuff. Its unlikely that he'll need the full 4 month allotment for recovery. And he'll have pretty good motion not long afterwards.

The 4 month recovery period is typical for a more severe problem like a rotator cuff where they want your shoulder immobilized for a solid 6 weeks with no rehab whatsoever. With the less severe torn labrum, he'll be into rehab within a couple weeks, and within a month after that, will feel pretty much normal. Especially for a guy that young. His recovery time should be less than average.

And I tell ya, the lack of information and credibility, and the apparent disinterest in correcting that within the media is staggering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom