Amida Brimah to UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Amida Brimah to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So we out-recruited FIU, La Salle and South Carolina for this guy. Happy to get a big guy but I hope this not what our recruiting is coming to.

Sounds like the type of handwringing that went on here when Cleveland Melvin initially committed here, now we all see how that one turned out.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
More good news, we are on a roll

I agree. In the past, recruits have always questioned whether JC would be there for their 4 years. A new coach with a long extension carries a lot of weight. The new practice facility also brings in a major selling point for UConn. I expect us to have a big recruiting class next year.

pj

Reaction Score
So we out-recruited FIU, La Salle and South Carolina for this guy. Happy to get a big guy but I hope this not what our recruiting is coming to.

The 2013 class was picked over before KO became interim coach, much less before kids saw how he coached and the style of play or that he was going to stick around. Look for him to do much better recruiting the class of 2014.

Reaction Score
For these under developed guys the Ath. Dept. should mandate they take all meals at the Dairy Bar! Nothing like a couple of daily milkshakes there to add some lbs.

caw

Reaction Score

For anyone who wants to watch a full game. I only got 5 minutes in. So far he looks very raw, but also quite athletic. He runs the floor well. He is a project but he has potential.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Brimah was getting interest from Cincinnati, Providence, South Carolina, Clemson, Miami, etc.

Plus he's the 16th ranked center and he's been playing basketball for 4-5 years. Give the kid some credit, he has some definite potential.

Reaction Score
He is an excellent pickup - I was just kidding about you guys being whores, lol.

Frankly, he reminds me of Georgui Dieng in a million ways. First, he shows effort. Secondly, he runs the floor - or maybe that's part of the first. From the video, that is one good-looking prospect. Later on, those swats he will control better at the next level, bringing them down instead of knocking them in the cheap seats. Secondly, the fact that he makes good grades cannot be underestimated. You guys once again prove you are not UK, lol. You're just more successful. :)

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Villanova, Wake & GTech were also involved.

Reaction Score
Looks like he already has a better understanding of the game than N'Daiye from Washington.

Reaction Score
For these under developed guys the Ath. Dept. should mandate they take all meals at the Dairy Bar! Nothing like a couple of daily milkshakes there to add some lbs.
Do they still sell Husky burgers ? LOL :D

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

We all know you're somewhat kidding about pounding down the milkshakes.

Big difference between weight and good weight.

I had an interesting conversation last Friday on a flight where I was sitting next to one of the Chef's for Missouri's athletic teams and we talked quite a bit about nutritional habits and how much education and monitoring schools put in to players their first few years on campus.

Almost none of these kids, even the ones built like a brick shithouse, know much about proper nutrition for their bodies.

Chefs work with nutrionists to build menus for the players and schools use different color codes or symbols to tell which players to eat which groups of foods.

As a side note the Chef from Mizzou was in California for a one day ice carving class to provide a better atmosphere in the dining facility for the athletes. He had some real cool pics of his work.

Reaction Score
Great pickup for UCONN. He is under the radar now because he only been playing basketball 4-5 years. However, he has huge upside due to his size literally. On top of that, he is a good student and KO can definitely get him to improve at UCONN.

He is the shot blocker we need in the middle. Let's hope he can develop some offensive moves and he will be a force down low.

Reaction Score
As a side note the Chef from Mizzou was in California for a one day ice carving class to provide a better atmosphere in the dining facility for the athletes. He had some real cool pics of his work.

:(:confused:

Don't know what to say about this.

Reactions: caw

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
:(:confused:

Don't know what to say about this.

Don't know either except that Missouri didn't think anything expense-wise to sending one of their athletic dept. Chefs to a school in Fresno for a one day one-on-one class to improve his skills.

Reaction Score
Love the negativism. We don't get enough of that in Connecticut.
We out-recruited Lasalle for a guy named Hilton Armstrong. Who the hell cares who else he was looking at? Whatever he is now will not define what he will be at UConn.

Reaction Score
Welcome to UCONN!!! Very happy to hear this news today. Win or Lose, hoping for a strong performance from the boys tonight.

Reaction Score
Don't know either except that Missouri didn't think anything expense-wise to sending one of their athletic dept. Chefs to a school in Fresno for a one day one-on-one class to improve his skills.

UConn's cafeteria ice sculpture deficit is one of the reasons we haven't gotten an ACC invite.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Welcome Amida.

Watched the full game that caw posted. Kid is raw aka Nolan raw or Chuck raw. Nolan actually is ahead of Amida at finishing layups. Amida is a half step behind the kids who have had a basketball in their hands since they were toddlers.

What I like about the kid is he knows how to present himself on the offensive end. And he seals his post player going for offensive rebounds. But he is not reliable at catching the ball or finishing when he gets it.

I actually think his potential is greater on the offensive end then the defensive end if the coaches can get him to hold his position and make a hook shot or lay up. The kid is not afraid to mix it up on the offensive end.

My hope is that as this year progresses EW and TO do well, Nolan develops into a player who can give 8-10 minutes and Amida can be worked into the rotation next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom