Am I alone? Is my wife right? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Am I alone? Is my wife right?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
show her the clip of jaylen adams taking a dribble, two steps and launching a full court shot in 0.8 seconds and tell her to imagine how miserable and annoying you would be if you were a fan of the other team. she'll understand how lucky she is.
Ah, that explains a lot.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
No you are not alone there are quite a few of us in the Boneyard Support Group. Even before we played the Championship game I was moving on to next years team. Now that I am retired I have more time to feed the obsession

Reaction Score
I love the Masters. I'm a huge Tampa Rays fan/baseball fan. But all I want to do is think and talk about UConn basketball. Even to people who don't care about it at all.

My wife said "you've always been obsessed with UConn ball, but this a new level. And no, we are not naming our son Steph or Donovan, so stop asking"
This convo has happened frequently. I read every article. Rewatch videos. Check the yard first thing in the morning. I strut around town like I'm cock of the walk.

Please, tell me how you've been spending your last 3 weeks. I want to show her that there are people way worse than me.

Help save a marriage. Thanks
Promise the wife a trip to Tahiti and Bora Bora for every UConn National Championship. That ought to keep her happy, and also UConn gains a new fan.

IMG_0775.jpeg

Reaction Score
During the season my wife of 33 plus years asks me beginning of the week “when do the Huskies play and what time?”. Then she will say mid week “So and so want to go out for drinks and dinner on Saturday can we find a place that fits the UConn game?” And the answer is “yes my house and my TV. They can come over but don’t ask me questions or think I’m sitting at a table during the game”

LOL not kidding happens a couple times a year she hopes I will say sure, hasn’t ever but she gets it.

Begin the training now….. you love her for 12 months and UConn for only 7-8 months. (Dont mention the Boneyard for 12 months that could me a vase on the head)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There is nothing worse than the guy that says “my wife is awesome! She LETS me watch sports”.

Screw her. Most games are weeknights when she’s on the couch scrolling through her instagram feed ignoring you anyway.

It’s a harmless hobby. She’s welcome to join in. If she doesn’t want to? She can shut her trap and let you have some fun.

Reaction Score
My wife was having contractions to give birth to our first child on March 20, 2014. Problem was, we were in a 1st round nailbiter against St. Joe's that night that could have made our 2014 title a never-was. So I remained dutifully focused on the game. (In my defense, there had already been a couple days of on and off contractions so I wasn't sure this was go time). Brimah hits a couple big, unlikely free throws and we pull out the win. That night we headed to the hospital and my daughter was born the next day. She still holds a grudge that "the uconn game was more important than me going into labor!" In the end we got a daughter and the 2014 title. Win-win, I say.

Reaction Score
My wife is a diehard too so I'm very lucky (she's actually a boneyard lurker :D). We have season tickets and we never miss going to a home game. She came with me to Houston last year and gave me approval to go to Phoenix with one my friends this year so I have it pretty good! Our 2 year old is already starting to show signs of having a UConn Hoops obsession, he was making us refer to him as Cam Spencer the last month or so lol. I was lucky enough to sit next to Cams family and friends during the National Championship game so I showed them a video of him saying "I'm Cam Spencer" and they got a kick out of it. We're both depressed now that basketball season is over, what a run its been the last two years!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Perhaps you can take some inspiration from this story I just heard about a friend of a friend. Second marriage for both and during the courtship phase he explained that he was a horseplayer and she was good with it. Four years later she gave the ultimatum "me or the horses". And he chose the horses.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I love the Masters. I'm a huge Tampa Rays fan/baseball fan. But all I want to do is think and talk about UConn basketball. Even to people who don't care about it at all.

My wife said "you've always been obsessed with UConn ball, but this a new level. And no, we are not naming our son Steph or Donovan, so stop asking"
This convo has happened frequently. I read every article. Rewatch videos. Check the yard first thing in the morning. I strut around town like I'm cock of the walk.

Please, tell me how you've been spending your last 3 weeks. I want to show her that there are people way worse than me.

My wife says I’ve joined a cult.

Reaction Score
Much to the chagrin of my wife, I made plans to go the Final Four with my friends. Then after Saturday, I flew my son to Phoenix so he could join the party Monday night. Then Tuesday, my wife got picked up at home at 4:30am and was in Phoenix by noon. My wife and son got the day together before he flew back to Ohio. We stayed at the Biltmore till yesterday. Home at midnight last night.

I managed to hang out with my best friends, my son, watch UCONN win #6, and give my wife a day with our son and a great spring break all at the same time. #winning

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My wife was having contractions to give birth to our first child on March 20, 2014. Problem was, we were in a 1st round nailbiter against St. Joe's that night that could have made our 2014 title a never-was. So I remained dutifully focused on the game. (In my defense, there had already been a couple days of on and off contractions so I wasn't sure this was go time). Brimah hits a couple big, unlikely free throws and we pull out the win. That night we headed to the hospital and my daughter was born the next day. She still holds a grudge that "the uconn game was more important than me going into labor!" In the end we got a daughter and the 2014 title. Win-win, I say.
"Well, honey, we could always have another baby…"

Reaction Score
Much to the chagrin of my wife, I made plans to go the Final Four with my friends. Then after Saturday, I flew my son to Phoenix so he could join the party Monday night. Then Tuesday, my wife got picked up at home at 4:30am and was in Phoenix by noon. My wife and son got the day together before he flew back to Ohio. We stayed at the Biltmore till yesterday. Home at midnight last night.

I managed to hang out with my best friends, my son, watch UCONN win #6, and give my wife a day with our son and a great spring break all at the same time. #winning
I love this story.

Reaction Score
I have a four yr old son and a six year old daughter at home. The day of the elite eight game against Illinois was a big birthday party for my son. I told my wife to make sure happy birthday was done by 5:45 PM so me and the fellas have time to get downstairs to do our pregame shot before the 6:09pm tip. Then add in , going out/having people over for all the big east tourney games and the March madness games. Wifey was cool about it (for the most part- lol) not ez to do with a 4 and 6 at home. But I pulled it off.

Reaction Score
I had 2 children with my ex wife. Told her the 3 happiest days of my life were when they were born and March 29, 1999. She said - “ what about our wedding day?” I told here not even close. She was rather upset.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
So let me guess, you have three kids, all born in Jan with a fourth potentially on the way? Kudos to you. My wife hates sports.
MrsRI doesn’t really like sports. Doesn’t watch anything else. But she lives breathes and dies with UConn. She pretty much refers to Clingan and Alex as her kids (we are old enough now where 100 percent plausible besides the height).

Reaction Score
My wife dreads college basketball season now so I can’t help you there. Idk if it’s how obsessed I am with it or that I drink almost every game. I’ve tried to get her into it but she really only watches football. My plan is to get the kids as bad as me when they grow up so she won’t have a choice.
That’s the move. I need to groom my Little ones now!!!!! She can’t really say anything if me and my little man are watching the game together.

Reaction Score

You watching the rays and the masters over your wife? Dude. She gone .

As far as my old lady. Good with UConn, giants, Celtics and big baseball games.

If I try to watch soccer she bites my head off. Golf as well.

Reaction Score
This new “free agency / GM” part of college basketball has me doing hourly checks to see who hit the portal, who’s visiting who, and who are we interested in. I’m talking from final four weekend til now. Complete new level of obsession.
It’s more important than highs school recruiting. How dumb is high school to cover? Kid visits, he has to make a dumb decision with a hat.

Portal is for serious players. That is where championships are won.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom