Allisha Gray Leaving UNC | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Allisha Gray Leaving UNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'll be stunned if Mavunga doesn't announce she's leaving very soon.

Reaction Score
LOL Like I said.

Look out your window and let us know if you see any vultures clad in pumpkin orange heading toward CH.
Any ideas (guesses) where S. Mavunga likely transfer to?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Wow. Not surprising but UNCWBB is being crushed by transfers..

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
LOL Like I said.

Look out your window and let us know if you see any vultures clad in pumpkin orange heading toward CH.

If i saw anything that color flying around.... I'd likely shoot it ;)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

No idea but I'm sure there are plenty of coaches hovering over the UNC carcass. The whole thing is rather unseemly. I'm glad UConn is not involved.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Deshields went to TN...... Gray went to SC......... and she wont go to UVA since its an ACC school ..... I'd say she ends up at Georgia :cool:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
triaddukefan said:
Deshields went to TN. Gray went to SC.... and she wont go to UVA since its an ACC school ..... I'd say she ends up at Georgia :cool:

She is from Indiana so maybe a B1G school. Ohio State could be a landing spot. If Louisville wasn't in ACC I would think that could be a potential as its close to home.

JS

Reaction Score
white-backed-and-slender--007.jpg
I0000xLU4GpDXUTI.jpg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It was a joke. Hence, the use of the emoticon...
As was the response which used the same emoticon.
PS
You can Jab Dawn all you want-Just expect someone to come to her defense.

Reaction Score
Maybe Dawn is hitting the transfire wire because recruiting isn't going so well. I think Dawn looked ahead to Wilson's junior and senior years and didn't see championship talent on the perimeter. These moves will either pay off with a championship or two or backfire. Dawn is becoming the George Steinbrenner of women's basketball.

The speed of this latest transfer is curious. Gray didn't seek a release to talk to other schools; she sought a release to transfer to SC.
She's more like John Calipari to me.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
That agrees 100% with my impression of what happened. But do you have any basis for this other than logical inference? I have not been able to find anything on it.
The transition from independent studies to 'lecture' courses and the reason for it has been reported in numerous news stories and I believe the investigation as well. The change from athletics to whole student body is logical given the nature of enrollment in independent studies vs. listed courses, but I have not seen this clearly defined in any source - partly because I don't believe any investigation has been able to determine exactly which independent study classes were shams and which actually involved college level work.

Specific to the ethics professor - she seemed to feel it was part of her job to help students (athletes and non) to complete their degrees regardless of their coursework - I believe there was reporting that she compromised academic standards for a pregnant student who was not an athlete for example.

Reaction Score
Dawn Staley has been to FF once.
She has not won any NC.
Yet basketball players are lining up to go to SC.

Geno did not have it this easy even after winning 5 NCs.
Even now he seems to have some difficulty (at least in my eyes) in recruiting height.

Why is this?

Reaction Score
She has not won any NC.

Even now he seems to have some difficulty (at least in my eyes) in recruiting height.

Why is this?
Old white males aren't for everyone

Reaction Score
It was a joke. Hence, the use of the emoticon...
Was not intended to be disparaging toward Dawn or a jab at her. Was intended to be a joke that she could stop recruiting high school players because she has had such great luck getting transfers to come there from the ACC (one from UVA, one from GaTech this year).
I'd say Dawn probably was focusing more on her big recruiting class she just got and putting together the best season her team could and also coaching the US team. She got behind in recruiting with everything going on, but this is one heck of a way to make up for that. I'd say it's working out for the best.

Reaction Score
Deshields went to TN. Gray went to SC.... and she wont go to UVA since its an ACC school ..... I'd say she ends up at Georgia :cool:
LOL! No one wants to go to Georgia right now. It's a complete dumpster fire. Kentucky, Louisville, Ohio State, Maryland... one of them. I'll go ahead and guess Kentucky.

Jim

Reaction Score

Why is this?
Butler is 6' 5"
Stewie is 6'4"
Katie Lou is 6'3"
Stokes was 6'3"

How much height do you want?

I guess we haven't had anyone 6'8" or taller in a while, but Geno likes players that can run the floor.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
LOL! No one wants to go to Georgia right now. It's a complete dumpster fire. Kentucky, Louisville, Ohio State, Maryland... one of them. I'll go ahead and guess Kentucky.

I was just being facetious.... its the only other state boarding NC that has a SEC school ;)

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
She has not won any NC.

Why is this?

Oh stop it. Please relax. Dawn got a few elite transfers from the ACC after not having overwhelming success recruiting behind a stacked 2014 class.

It's quite possible that players just want to be a part of helping to build something at SC..

And don't even start with the "UCONN has trouble recruiting blah blah blah"... I would love to have that freshmen class that just arrived in Stohrrs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom