Allisha Gray Leaving UNC | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Allisha Gray Leaving UNC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Unless you have private access to the Cox or McCoy families, assuming they've even come to any set conclusions, I don't know how you could possibly know this.

My thoughts exactly.... They are keeping their favorites secret. I can't find anything online.

Reaction Score
If Gray wanted to play at TN..... TN would have to be idiots not to take her. She'd be the second best player on the roster.
Is She a pg or 2 guard because Cooper is expected to be the pg of the next few years at TN. Does she want to be the go to player because she knows DD will be at TN. MD needs a scoring guard.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Is She a pg or 2 guard because Cooper is expected to be the pg of the next few years at TN. Does she want to be the go to player because she knows DD will be at TN. MD needs a scoring guard.

She's a SG with enough size to play SF............ she's really really good

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Does she want to be the go to player because she knows DD will be at TN. MD needs a scoring guard.
She was part of the class recruited to play with Diamond at UNC- there should be no issues there either.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I'm hearing speculation on Volnation that Gray may be headed to USC! Have you heard anything?

Speculation because she follows a former assistant and a current assistant... Besides that? No.. There is literally nothing connecting her to SC right now.

Just VolNation ranters being paranoid about everything SC again...

Reaction Score
Why would Mavunga want to be Russell's backup for her last 2 years? To say nothing about why Tenn needs Gray. I was under the impression that Tenn had great depth at guard for the 3 years? :rolleyes:
Who says she has to be a backup? Id put Mavunga at the 4 and Cedes at the 5.
O and stay under that impression!!! ;)

Reaction Score
Speculation because she follows a former assistant and a current assistant... Besides that? No.. There is literally nothing connecting her to SC right now.

Just VolNation ranters being paranoid about everything SC again...

Your last sentence is a stretch! Don't be that type of poster Gamecock!

mtsuraider06

Tennessee Devotee
Reaction Score
She's been following Kyra for a long time. She doesn't follow any head coaches, only assistants. The only players I saw that she followed, other than UNC teammates, were Dunbar, Middleton, Cooper, Graves, and DeSheilds.

I guess we must be leading for her...:cool:

Reaction Score
Since the focus is on Gray, we sure would take her, she's not much of a need cause indeed UT is guard heavy right now, however we just lost Tucker who would have more than likely been our starting SG if her unfortunate events of the past had not taken a toll on her body. Gray IMO was a better scorer than DeShields their freshman year. Diamond is way more athletic of course but Gray was no slouch! If she wanted to come to UT, Holly and Co would be crazy not to go after her.

With that said, Im still crossing my fingers that Mavunga decides to transfer.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Your last sentence is a stretch! Don't be that type of poster Gamecock!

Eh. Stretch or not... Some of the stuff said about SC over there is just completely made up. I find it interesting how there's always a Vol fan with some kind of insider knowledge about SC.. Some of the stuff on VolNation about SC hasn't even made it over to CockyTalk yet haha..

What I like about VolNation is that the VAST majority of fans over there are very complimentary of SC, more so even than UCONN fans here on tBY... but then there's a group of about 4 or 5 posters that just hate our guts for whatever reasons lol

Reaction Score
Eh. Stretch or not... Some of the stuff said about SC over there is just completely made up. I find it interesting how there's always a Vol fan with some kind of insider knowledge about SC.. Some of the stuff on VolNation about SC hasn't even made it over to CockyTalk yet haha..

What I like about VolNation is that the VAST majority of fans over there are very complimentary of SC, more so even than UCONN fans here on tBY... but then there's a group of about 4 or 5 posters that just hate our guts for whatever reasons lol

Lol well I for one support you all until you play us! :) But your team has become a threat not only in the SEC but on the National scene as well, you might as well get ready for the nasty comments from other fanbases especially on their home board! Lol

Reaction Score
It really wouldn't make a whole lot of difference, but if in the initial years of this operation it consisted almost entirely of athletes (which I would bet it did) and only later started taking on other students who got hip to what was going on, that would pretty much destroy the argument that it was not specially designed for athletes and that the athletic authorities were in the dark. I am just surprised that, as far as I know, nothing has been disclosed on this question.
I read Mary Willingham's book (Cheated), and she discloses a lot about the origins of the "paper classes", as well as the alarming complicity at all levels in the academic, athletic and administrative parts of the university. It's very, very compelling, but you just have to believe her though, since the book isn't a legal document.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not to beat a dead horse. For those who are still wondering what the excitement is all about concerning Allisha Gray. A reasonable person could look at the statistic complied by Diamond Deshields and Allisha Gray as Freshmen at UNC and concluded that Gray was the better player. Gray shot the ball significantly better than DeShields form both two and 3 point range 2Pt FG (48%to 43%) and 3PtFG(42% to 28%). Gray also out rebounded Diamond slightly (199 vs 194). Gray had a better assists to Turnover ratio than Diamond ( .84 to .75).
On the plus side of the ledger Diamond had 10 more steals (61 vs. 51). So how did Diamond become the National Freshmen of the Year and many of you never heard of Allisha Gray until now? Diamond put up 220 more shots over the course of 36 games resulting in Diamond averaging 4 more points than Gray. If the names and reputation were not attached to these stats it would be an easy pick. Every coach that has a roster spot should be beating thier way to the Gray's door.
https://admin.xosn.com/pdf9/2578189.pdf?SPID=12979&DB_OEM_ID=3350&

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not to beat a dead horse. For those who are still wondering what the excitement is all about concerning Allisha Gray. A reasonable person could look at the statistic complied by Diamond Deshields and Allisha Gray as Freshmen at UNC and concluded that Gray was the better player. Gray shot the ball significantly better than DeShields form both two and 3 point range 2Pt FG (48%to 43%) and 3PtFG(42% to 28%). Gray also out rebounded Diamond slightly (199 vs 194). Gray had a better assists to Turnover ratio than Diamond ( .84 to .75).
On the plus side of the ledger Diamond had 10 more steals (61 vs. 51). So how did Diamond become the National Freshmen of the Year and many of you never heard of Allisha Gray until now? Diamond put up 220 more shots over the course of 36 games resulting in Diamond averaging 4 more points than Gray. If the names and reputation were not attached to these stats it would be an easy pick. Every coach that has a roster spot should be beating thier way to the Gray's door.
https://admin.xosn.com/pdf9/2578189.pdf?SPID=12979&DB_OEM_ID=3350&

How can anyone who honestly proclaims to be a WCBB fan, not know of Gray ? She was on track to be a legit All-American candidate next season. I cant think of a wcbb team in america that she wouldnt start for if she was eligible next season.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Interesting article.

Makes one wonder how the other athletes will handle this.

Mavunga, McDaniel, Cherry just to name a few.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Interesting article.

Makes one wonder how the other athletes will handle this.

Mavunga, McDaniel, Cherry just to name a few.
I am picturing a line at Sylvia's door all requesting the same exact thing.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Dawn is after Gray. Sylvia must feel like the vultures are circling overhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom