All-Time Reserve Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

All-Time Reserve Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You must be young. No John "The Microwave" Gwynn??

And no Lyman DePriest? Willie McCloud, Ricky Moore (for 2 years), Eric Hayward, Spider Ursery, Jeff King, Al Vaughn, Jim "Disco" Sullivan, Dan Cyrulik………..

But Gwynn is the first to come to mind with Lyman

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
John Gwynn = guranteed instant offense off the bench. He was our Vinne Johnson .He's the standard during the Calhoun era. Also , Craig Austrie filled in big time in 2009 when Dyson went down.

We gotta start counting and including that 2009 Final Four with our four championships. We had some beloved players on that team. Lets not get cute around here like other programs. Keep it blue collar people.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jeff Adrien 06, was one of the few guys who stepped up against some team that shall remain nameless, when your freshmen reserve is your leading scorer in an elite 8 game that is not a good thing.

Reaction Score
And no Lyman DePriest? Willie McCloud, Ricky Moore (for 2 years), Eric Hayward, Spider Ursery, Jeff King, Al Vaughn, Jim "Disco" Sullivan, Dan Cyrulik………..

But Gwynn is the first to come to mind with Lyman

Glad you mentioned Lyman and Haywood, both great off the bench. What about Ben when he was a Frosh, wasn't he behind TR and didn't he not start until he was a Soph ?? Lots of posts re: who should be the starter back then.

Reaction Score
Edmund Saunders
Albert Mouring
Souleymane
Exactly...Saunders, despite a questionable attitude, and Mouring were huge for us during the 99 run...Wane too...he provided solid minutes more than impact type of plays though in my opinion (that season).

Rash too was huge that year....1998-1999 was still our best team in my opinion. Come on Antric!

Reaction Score
Exactly...Saunders, despite a questionable attitude, and Mouring were huge for us during the 99 run...Wane too...he provided solid minutes more than impact type of plays though in my opinion (that season).

Rash too was huge that year....1998-1999 was still our best team in my opinion. Come on Antric!

Yes I might as well just say the whole 99 team aside from KEA and Rip.

Reaction Score
Ray Allen - came off the bench for most if not all of his freshman year...

Donny Marshall - came off the bench for his Fr + Soph years before becoming a starter as an upperclassman.

Def Johnny "Microwave" Gwynn = instant offense.

Reaction Score
Didn't Edmond leave when he could've played another year?

You are correct. Saunders could have played an additional year. He was ineligible as a Freshman, but he graduated within 4 years, so he was eligible to regain that lost year back. Saunders elected not to return. I was disappointed but Emeka had a great Freshman season in Saunders absence.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
You are correct. Saunders could have played an additional year. He was ineligible as a Freshman, but he graduated within 4 years, so he was eligible to regain that lost year back. Saunders elected not to return. I was disappointed but Emeka had a great Freshman season in Saunders absence.

Thanks . It was strange to me when it happened because we could've used him and maybe he could played himself into a better situation with an extra year. I was like " he has another year to play at Uconn , what the heck is he doing".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom