All-Time Reserve Team | The Boneyard

All-Time Reserve Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Here's another semi-OT thread for the beginning of our long offseason. This thread isn't meant to be about stars within the program who wouldn't make your all-time starting five, but rather bench guys/occasional starters we've had over the years who gained your favor. They don't have to necessarily be the ones who were most skilled, but just guys you liked having on the team. My all time bench-team is as follows:

PG: Craig Austrie, Donnell Beverly, (as of now) Terrance Samuel

SG: Brian Fair, Rashamel Jones, Dion Carson

SF: Rudy Johnson, Ryan Thompson, Marcus Johnson

PF: Shamon Tooles, Ruslan Inyatkin, Ed Nelson

C: Gavin Edwards, Boo Willingham, Charles Okwandu (was a back-up center most of his career)

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Here's another semi-OT thread for the beginning of our long offseason. This thread isn't meant to be about stars within the program who wouldn't make your all-time starting five, but rather bench guys/occasional starters we've had over the years who gained your favor. They don't have to necessarily be the ones who were most skilled, but just guys you liked having on the team. My all time bench-team is as follows:

PG: Craig Austrie, Donnell Beverly, (as of now) Terrance Samuel

SG: Brian Fair, Rashamel Jones, Dion Carson

SF: Rudy Johnson, Ryan Thompson, Marcus Johnson

PF: Shamon Tooles, Ruslan Inyatkin, Ed Nelson

C: Gavin Edwards, Boo Willingham, Charles Okwandu (was a back-up center most of his career)
You must be young. No John "The Microwave" Gwynn??

Reaction Score
Can't remember. Was Toraino a starter? Too many pitchers at Teds with him lol.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Also, if you are going to have an all time bench team, then by definition, you have to have one of the all time greatest pine riders on your squad. The Thunder from Down Under. Justin Brown.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Didnt Charlie V come off the bench in 2004. Also ,One kid who's name escapes me. I think we called him "Big Mike"and he may have been from the Hartford area. He was a Big body enforcer off the bench .

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Didnt Charlie V come off the bench in 2004. Also ,One kid who's name escapes me. I think we called him "Big Mike"and he may have been from the Hartford area. He was a Big body enforcer off the bench .

Mike Haynes.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
PG: Austrie (Katz, maybe?)
SG: Gwynn
SF: Rashad
PF: DePriest
C: Hayward

Just for guys who spent the vast majority of their career coming off the bench.

For the best single-season off the bench:

PG: Kemba 09
SG: Ray 94
SF: Rashad 06
PF: Charlie 04
C: Hayward 96

Obviously the center spot is up for debate. I don't think the rest are, save for maybe Ricky in 96 over Kemba in 09.

Reaction Score
Matrim55 said:
PG: Austrie (Katz, maybe?) SG: Gwynn SF: Rashad PF: DePriest C: Hayward Just for guys who spent the vast majority of their career coming off the bench. For the best single-season off the bench: PG: Kemba 09 SG: Ray 94 SF: Rashad 06 PF: Charlie 04 C: Hayward 96 Obviously the center spot is up for debate. I don't think the rest are, save for maybe Ricky in 96 over Kemba in 09.

Katz isn't even the discussion unless I was in a fog of weed and Jack Daniels that whole year. I don't even remember Katz playing any meaningful minutes. Did he?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Katz isn't even the discussion unless I was in a fog of weed and Jack Daniels that whole year. I don't even remember Katz playing any meaningful minutes. Did he?
For some reason I remember him playing a pretty decent role for the 1990-91 team, but I could be wrong. 23 years is a long time.

Reaction Score
Shabazz 11
Kromah
Niels at times
Samuel
Brimah
Okwandu 11

Reaction Score
Albert Mouring and Marcino Harquient (sp, too lazy to google).

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Tony Robertson?? The dude could dunk like no other! Not sure if he started for a whole season or not near the end of his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom