Alexis Jones to Baylor | The Boneyard

Alexis Jones to Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
So my theory Decrying staying close to home was incorrect.
Didn't know she was the religious type? :)
All kidding aside, a big plus for Kim who needed a break.

U

UCONNfan1

That's HUGE for Baylor. Good for them. I'm guessing our Baylor fans are ecstatic!

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
I read that she had favored Baylor in her initial recruiting. So the lesson on her and DD is if someone transfers they go to the original other favorite?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Not a lot of information, just a user posting. Could be true, but wish there was more confirmation:

Sources: Alexis Jones to transfer to Baylor
+
posted by M Robinson on Jul 07, 2014
swishappeal.com
Alexis Jones has decided to transfer from Duke to Baylor. She will have two years of eligibility remaining. More details to follow.

Reaction Score

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
She seemed to be ranked on par with MoJeff in high school. At the time, I thought that Mo was better, and it has played out thus far in two years. It'll be interesting to see if Kim does more with/for Alexis than she received at Duke. Not accusing Coach P of anything at this time- just curious.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Think Odyssey Sims. Maybe Jones liked what Kim did with her.

I hope this helps Kim land some more talent in 2015. Maybe one of the "bigs" will now move BU higher on their lists.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I was kinda hoping that she'd end up at Texas. :p

But good for BU.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
She seemed to be ranked on par with MoJeff in high school. At the time, I thought that Mo was better, and it has played out thus far in two years. It'll be interesting to see if Kim does more with/for Alexis than she received at Duke. Not accusing Coach P of anything at this time- just curious.

Thats a great point Alex, wonder what the difference was :oops:

Reaction Score
Good for Jones! She is super athletic and gifted. Mulkey will definitely help her develop into a better basketball player. Sorry to say, but I do not think that Jones would have blossomed at Duke. Not a big fan of Coach P and her ability to coach. Then again, I'm no NCAA coach

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Good for Jones! She is super athletic and gifted. Mulkey will definitely help her develop into a better basketball player. Sorry to say, but I do not think that Jones would have blossomed at Duke. Not a big fan of Coach P and her ability to coach. Then again, I'm no NCAA coach

Mulkey definitely knows how to coach a guard, having played at a high level herself. I hope she can get Jones to a level on par with Odyssey, but Jones is going to have a lot more help at the guard position with Johnson, Small, Prince, Wright, Wallace (2014 Aussie) and Gulley (2015). If Higgins and Cave can provide some good inside play, along with Davis and Cohen (2014), Baylor should complete well with most teams.

I'm still hopeful that we have a shot at Kalani Brown in 2015. Kim has those Louisiana ties and Baylor is in her final three, along with TAMU and LSU. Kim needs to brush up on her Cajun speak.

Reaction Score
Baylor needs to make a trade with Duke, send a guard for a post player.

Nina Davis plays big at a thin 5'11"_ _ _ 15 ppg 8.9 reb, however Baylor's posts are minimal contributors. I doubt they will be a top 10 team until they get good post play.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor needs to make a trade with Duke, send a guard for a post player.

Nina Davis plays big at a thin 5'11"_ _ _ 15 ppg 8.9 reb, however Baylor's posts are minimal contributors. I doubt they will be a top 10 team until they get good post play.

Baylor will struggle to be top 10 in 2014-15. That will not be the case in 2015-2016.

Reaction Score
Baylor will struggle to be top 10 in 2014-15. That will not be the case in 2015-2016.

are they gong to play 4 guards/wings Jones, Johnson, Wallace, and Davis ? and what is going on with Prince ?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
are they gong to play 4 guards/wings Jones, Johnson, Wallace, and Davis ? and what is going on with Prince ?

You forget Small and Wright. Wright is very talented and I think that eveyone will get to see what she can do next season. She will most likely start the rest of her career.

Reports are that Prince is making great progress with her recovery from foot surgery. She is out of the boot and has been seen around campus on her bicycle.

I suspect Cave and Higgins will continue to play the 5 in 2015 unless Kim can land either Brown or McCowan in 2015, and she is still in the hunt for both, at last report. Davis will continue to play the 4 position and will log a lot of minutes, but she has a great motor and is easily capable of 30+ minutes a game.

This season look for a starting lineup of Agbuke, Davis, Wright, Johnson, and Prince. I hope that Wallace is good enough to steal one of those spots, but Kim is known to be very loyal to returning players unless someone really wows her in practice like Davis did this past season. Cave and Higgins will get a lot of time off the bench in the 4 and 5 spots. Wallace and Small will most likely be coming off the bench at the guard slots.

We should go 9 or 10 deep this season without losing much when the subs are used. I am hopeful that Cohen (Hoopgurlz #41) comes in and has an immediate impact. It sounds like Buckner may be a little more of a project but very athletic at 6-3.

The 2015-16 season looks very exciting! Everyone but Agbuke will return and we will add Jones, Gulley (Hoopgurlz #46), Szczepanski-Beavers, the 10th rated post player in the class, and hopefully Brown or McCowan.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Happy for you ETT - you've been very gracious and patient in having to bear our self-congratulations over Geno's recent recruiting successes.

Well, with the next two classes you have coming in what is not to celebrate? If you ever see two consecutive classes like that at Baylor just swing on over to baylorfans.com and watch all the back-slapping!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
we will add Szczepanski-Beavers, the 10th rated post player in the class.

With a name like SZCZEPANSKI-BEAVERS, she should have come to UConn. No way Baylor gets all that on the back of a wcbb jersey. As a Husky, Geno may have just her wear #1 (and no name).:rolleyes:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
With a name like SZCZEPANSKI-BEAVERS, she should have come to UConn. No way Baylor gets all that on the back of a wcbb jersey. As a Husky, Geno may have just her wear #1 (and no name).:rolleyes:

Something tells me the will call her Beavers
No #1's at UConn..

Is that number not allowed to be used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members