Alex Karaban hints coming back | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Alex Karaban hints coming back

Reaction Score
No coach "pleads" with a player to stay. The coaches will talk to NBA scouts and give each underclassman an honest assessment of their draft status. Karaban and family will make the decision with the assistance of Hurley Some coaches have to actually push players out the door who might want to stay. Coaches know their role in helping players make the best long-term decision.
If I recall correctly, Andre Jackson was leaning towards staying and Hurley recommended He enter the draft and retain eligibility based on intell from Scouts.

Reaction Score
If Alex comes back, regardless of who else is on this roster, he's the leader next season. I think that maturity along with an extra year of developing and getting stronger does improve his overall stock. And I don't think he's a lock for a situation in the NBA that's at all "comfortable" today meaning, he's going to really need to take big, hard steps quickly there.

Reaction Score
He doesn’t. He made two 3s all season & shot it under 60% from the line. That’s what they know and project.
68% on FT in the last 16 games which were mostly high pressure games closing out the regular season, and in the tournaments. As he matures he will be a better than 75% FT shooter which is better than most centers. I would have been interesting if UConn needed his 3 point shot, but there was no reason for him to shoot from 3.

Reaction Score
Would love him back but seriously...

I think Karaban should enter the draft. He's probably a second rounder but I don't think his stock will rise next year because he'll be 22 next year and that'll count against his draft stock (as dumb as that sounds, it's the truth). It's unfortunate that his shooting was inconsistent this year, but I think NBA teams will look past that as a fixable issue. He's proven in the past that he can make 3s. He can be a solid NBA role player.
I think he stay and get his degree. Another year will insure he is ready for a long nba career. Nil money should be good and second round is no guarantee.

Reaction Score
How sure is everyone that Clingan is gone? Danny, Luke, Kimani and Alex are all talking about three-peating. Maybe establishing a true dynasty means more than an extra year of the NBA grind.
I agree, if they 3 peat he makes more by staying do to massive endorsement income

Reaction Score
Karaban and Clingan (especially) would still make a good buck if they stayed for another year. NIL helps offset the idea of chasing the NBA bag. Would Karaban rather be Sanogo in the G league or make plenty of money attempting an unprecedented three peat. Clingan would make even more money (than Karaban).

Reaction Score
Karaban and Clingan (especially) would still make a good buck if they stayed for another year. NIL helps offset the idea of chasing the NBA bag. Would Karaban rather be Sanogo in the G league or make plenty of money attempting an unprecedented three peat. Clingan would make even more money (than Karaban).
If Clingan was drafted 10 overall, he’d make like $5 million in salary next year alone. He’s not staying, nor making that in NIL here. He needs to go to the league.

Reaction Score
I agree, if they 3 peat he makes more by staying do to massive endorsement income
He’s 20 and would be a guaranteed lottery pick. What happens if he stays and has a devastating injury? Also, if he leaves, he’d be able to get a second contract at age 25. As Calhoun always said, that’s where the real money is. If Hurley nudged Andre toward the draft a year ago, then you’d have to think he’d do the same with Donovan, only harder.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
UConn probably needs a couple of Brinks trucks to match offers if AK decides to enter the transfer portal. Potential 2 years of eligibility and UConn playbook in his head.
Scary thought.

Reaction Score
If Clingan was drafted 10 overall, he’d make like $5 million in salary next year alone. He’s not staying, nor making that in NIL here. He needs to go to the league.
I said it helps offset. He can easily make 1M next year AND work towards an unprecedented, potentially legendary thing.

Reaction Score
AK is the type of player that might go in the second round this upcoming draft that might have first round talent 1 year from now if he returns and improves his game and consistency.

If he can improve his 3 point efficiency, show more of that attacking the rim like he did in the tournament, improve his passing and court vision, and improve his midrange game, he could play himself into the first round.

He has ridiculous range on his 3, something that the NBA likes to see. He moves well, but could also work hard in the weight room and agility to show some post scoring, which would be nice to add to his game, and help him develop a quicker first step to improve his on the ball D and holding his position in the post. I think all this is achievable for him. He's got the frame and solid athleticism for a player his size. He had 5 blocks and 7 assists in the last 3 games and 3 steals in the prior game.

He's the prototypical type of player who can show a significant jump in his junior season, taking on a more prominent role. But even if his role is the same next season, showing improvement in some of these areas can move him into the 1st round.

I believe in AK, and I'm sure Danny feels the same. If I were Danny, during my end of season player meeting, I'd spell out a few areas that he and the coaching staff will commit to helping him elevate his game to the next level. And ask him if he wants to commit to doing his part. Oh, and winning another BE and National championship.

Reaction Score
I said it helps offset. He can easily make 1M next year AND work towards an unprecedented, potentially legendary thing.
He’s going to be a lottery pick, he won back to back titles as a local kid, that’s legendary. Zero reason to come back for him and his professional career.

Reaction Score
THANK YOU SOMEBODY THAT UNDERSTANDS FINALLY!!!

Castle will go top 20
Newton will go 2nd rd(senior so he was gone)
Cam will go & probably go G-League like sanogo
Karaban is gonna be a 4yr UConn legend
Clingan will return for his junior year & work on his offense like sanogo jr yr he will start shooting 3 to be more likable in the nba he unlike sanogo clingan can do NIL so it’s no big rush or pressure for him to go pro
Clingan is going top 5 in the draft. There’s no becoming more likable to the NBA. He’s as liked as he’s going to get. He’ll improve his shot working with the best coaches in the world in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Again, if he stays and 3 peats he will make more endorsement money every year for 20 years to cover the 5 million. He is a likable could, could generate 5 million in nil easy. Paige gets a million from gatorade. How about jolly green giant.

Money will always be there, enjoying college experience is once

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom